Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:14 PM

513 posts, read 580,593 times

Advertisements

We always hear environmental wacko liberals clamoring about how we're greedy and gluttonous because we consume too much of the Earth's natural resources (oil, gas, coal, trees, etc.), yet I've never once heard a liberal complain about how much taxpayer money we consume. Taxpayer money is a finite natural resource and all liberals ever advocate is that we consume more and more of it, faster and faster. How is this in line with their environmentalism? Is the consumption of taxpayer money not environmentally unfriendly? Taxpayer money is neither clean, cheap, or renewable. Liberals always cry that we depend on the Middle East for our oil supply, yet have no problem with the fact that we depend on China for our money supply. What happens when the limited supply of money runs out? What we need is financial independence. No matter how much liberals may wish for it, we can't tax our way to financial independence. We need a clean, cheap, and renewable source of government funding. Taxation is destructive to the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
You have people with their hands in the cookie jar and others.
There is no money, but many still want their hands in the cookie jar with preferably a raise.

There is a lack of sanity out there IMO.

There has never been a tax problem, always has been a spending problem, so we need a Balanced Budget Amendment.
In the Budget you have to bring in all the entitlements as well. Cuts everywhere, a bare bones services government for quite a while.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
We always hear environmental wacko liberals clamoring about how we're greedy and gluttonous because we consume too much of the Earth's natural resources (oil, gas, coal, trees, etc.), yet I've never once heard a liberal complain about how much taxpayer money we consume. Taxpayer money is a finite natural resource and all liberals ever advocate is that we consume more and more of it, faster and faster. How is this in line with their environmentalism? Is the consumption of taxpayer money not environmentally unfriendly? Taxpayer money is neither clean, cheap, or renewable. Liberals always cry that we depend on the Middle East for our oil supply, yet have no problem with the fact that we depend on China for our money supply. What happens when the limited supply of money runs out? What we need is financial independence. No matter how much liberals may wish for it, we can't tax our way to financial independence. We need a clean, cheap, and renewable source of government funding. Taxation is destructive to the planet.
I keep saying that liberals, or as they like to be called, progressives only want to see the wealth redistributed and for some reason they don't see that all that tax and spend will someday get all of the wealthy money redistributed and then who has to pay their way for them. For some reason they don't seem to understand that once you have bled the turnip dry there just isn't anymore to bleed.

It seems to be much easier for them to talk about CO2 and warming up than it is to stop taxing and spending.

Remember that they are printing full speed which causes them to have to borrow more and more from China. I think it is all a part of a plan to destroy our nation.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:13 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,544 times
Taxpayer money isn't just a limited resource, it's a DECREASING resource. Yet that doesn't stop government from continually demanding INCREASING amounts of it.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:59 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,308 times
Taxes are at historically low rates in America, especially for rich people. You can thank Reagan and Bush II for that.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Taxpayer money isn't just a limited resource, it's a DECREASING resource. Yet that doesn't stop government from continually demanding INCREASING amounts of it.
Nicely stated.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Taxes are at historically low rates in America, especially for rich people. You can thank Reagan and Bush II for that.
Are you out of your mind?

In most states the rich pay about 51% of their salary. I bet you'd wet your shorts and cry all day if that was what was taken from you.

If you make a couple of million bucks, you could easily owe $1,020,000.00.
If you earn 50k you owe what? $500 bucks maybe.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:28 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqcbgSpHMFs

Old 03-25-2011, 12:55 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
You don't seem to understand how the fed reserve works.

Either way no sympathy from me. The very same jokers making the mess with lobbyists are the very same jokers telling you to panhandle for oligarch welfare on their behalf.

Let them eat their money. ALL of it. Right NOW.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:34 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Are you out of your mind?

In most states the rich pay about 51% of their salary. I bet you'd wet your shorts and cry all day if that was what was taken from you.

If you make a couple of million bucks, you could easily owe $1,020,000.00.
If you earn 50k you owe what? $500 bucks maybe.
Greed.

If I actually made $1,000,000, I would gladly pay taxes to support my country. Actually, I would give away every last cent I didn't need to support myself.

Don't assume everyone is as greedy and short-sided as you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies