Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:52 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Every watch "Hard Core Pawn" from Detroit.....

Enough said...

Old 03-25-2011, 07:54 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Note what the bouncer says at 3:40....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNIqg...eature=related

Old 03-25-2011, 08:16 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why are you assuming "woman".
That's what I thought. I thought the OP is bi or gay

Old 03-25-2011, 08:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That's what I thought. I thought the OP is bi or gay
I think so but also it might be that gay bars hire harsher bouncers because they don't want domestic and lovers quarrels getting out of hand. It could hurt their image or they just want things respectable.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:52 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
Perhaps they overreacted but I wouldn't assume it was b/c of race.

I've been on both sides of this situation with both police and security/bouncers. many a time I've dealt with a power tripping bouncer or security guy and I'm a clean cut white guy. I've been grabbed and tossed out of a club before for absolutely no reason at all (wrong place at the wrong time or mistaken identity) and learned long ago to just let it go.

I'm also an ex bartender/bouncer/semi professional musician. I've spend many a night in clubs working in one of those capacities and have probably jumped the gun booting someone or cutting someone off. Sometimes there are nights where the atmosphere at the bar/club/event is just extra chippy and after several incidents you just start tossing people the minute they begin a confrontation or yelling b/c you are tired of breaking up fights.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:10 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Unless you can post footage of the incident, it's hard to take sides in this matter. And since YOU have decided that this is a race issue, or maybe a black woman problem, I will say that the majority of times that I have seen black women get agitated and mad, they are particularly aggressive in their body language. Not only do they raise keep raising their voice level (as if by sheer loudness they can make their opinion right and the other side wrong), but they raise their forefinger and stick in in their opponent's face and then do the neck thing.

But based on your personal experiences, I really don't see how you can make your situation a race issue. But have you been in situations where you were fighting with your boyfriend and black security guards ignored the situation and looked the other way? If they did, then I would say that those black security guards were not doing their job. And if you fight with your boyfriend a lot in public, then stop doing that.

I believe that ANY woman or man of any race that is fighting in public in an emotional fashion with a loud voice and wild physical gestures is going to be restrained and removed by security personnel. Other people who aren't involved in the disagreement just don't want to see this sort of thing, let alone in a nightclub where they are trying to have a good time.

Why couldn't you wait to fight with your boyfriend in private? Were you also trying to embarrass him? Did you need witnesses around in case he got mad back and tried to hit you? Were you trying to send a message to other women that he was your boyfriend and your personal property? Whatever the reasons, don't fight in public and you won't have any issues with security guards.
You're stereotyping. I don't buy it. I guess when White women argue they keep their hands folded in their lap and spout poetical put-downs?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
(1) I wrote this thread just a couple weeks ago. Long story short, I was yelling at my boyfriend in a nightclub and next thing I know some security guy grabs me by my arm, pulls me away...and then starts literally shoving me towards the exit and then threatens me with an arrest and "You're gonna go to jail". All because I simply repeated (to my boyfriend), "YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DISRESPECT ME IN THIS CLUB!" I was trying to bring up a real issue some areas in this country is facing.

(2) Really? Well I'll be damned
(1) If I go out to have a good time, I don't want some idiot screaming near me. Take your personal problems home.

(2) I hope you get your wish.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
You're stereotyping. I don't buy it. I guess when White women argue they keep their hands folded in their lap and spout poetical put-downs?

I guess when black women get thrown out of clubs for being a-holes they cry racism.....

Old 03-25-2011, 09:22 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
I wrote this thread just a couple weeks ago. Long story short, I was yelling at my boyfriend in a nightclub and next thing I know some security guy grabs me by my arm, pulls me away...and then starts literally shoving me towards the exit and then threatens me with an arrest and "You're gonna go to jail". All because I simply repeated (to my boyfriend), "YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DISRESPECT ME IN THIS CLUB!" I was trying to bring up a real issue some areas in this country is facing.

Really? Well I'll be damned

I was all the way out in Albuquerque, NM and happened to glance at the NY times at this article about police in Miami, my hometown. I bet in each case, the guy (the suspect) probably did nothing wrong except not say, "yes sir" to each of the interrogating and the cops over-reacted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/23/us/23miami.html?_r=1

Race Issues Rise for Miami Police - Readers' Comments - NYTimes.com
Any men yelling at a woman "you are not going to disrespect me in this club" or anything else for that matter is considered a danger to that woman. Apart from that, it is ridiculous when adults yell in public, grow up.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:32 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
(1) If I go out to have a good time, I don't want some idiot screaming near me. Take your personal problems home.

(2) I hope you get your wish.

I've worked in bars forever and have had the most issues young white males. Young white women are a distant second. Blacks aren't even on the radar. Asses come in all races, ages and sex.

One of the worst places I ever worked was a bar an a very affluent area. 99% white customers. Some of the biggest, most entitled, rude pricks I've ever dealt with. Tons of issues with fights, refusing to leave at last call, trying to scam on the tab, refusing to tip, trying to steal beers,,etc...

Now, if we are talking about unrulyness at the movies, I think it's fair to point the finger at black people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies