Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:32 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
No, they kicked your butt out because you were acting like you were going to start a fight, and having people yell in the club is bad for business.

Yelling in public is not normal, is not tolerated in businesses and puts everyone ill at ease in a closed area.
Makes it unsafe for safety, and businesses don't want to access their liability service.

I'd throw you out for the night as well. They almost had to.
You were being off the hook looking at what you posted about your behavior.
Maybe you should learn to respect others and not have a tantrum in public.
Yelling in public is NOT NORMAL.

100% agree with this ^^^

There was no need for the OP to turn his injured pride into a racial issue in this case.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:39 AM

639 posts, read 1,289,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Note what the bouncer says at 3:40....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNIqg...eature=related
Didn't you get the memo fool?
Kicking a loud, angry, drunk, over emotional gay black male out of club IS over-reacting.

The white straight dude is not a victim of over-reactions because he is not dead. Theres a point system to this. You need at least a 10+ score to be a victim of overreacting and be able to stake a legitimate claim.

Talking to = +1
Pushing = +5
Beating = +10
Robbing = +15
Kidnapping = +20
Murder = +25

Black male = 6
Homosexual = 3

Clearly the theory states that even addressing the issue is over-reacting when dealing with a black homosexual male. For heterosexual black males addressing the issue is acceptable because at least pushing is needed to over-react.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:15 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I have been to a place where security had to overreact. In my experience, I am slowly learning that people tend to get more afraid if it's an office environment when someone merely raised their voices. On that note, I can't help but wonder what how much of a role race would play, especially if it's an African-American, and especially a male.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I have been to a place where security had to overreact. In my experience, I am slowly learning that people tend to get more afraid if it's an office environment when someone merely raised their voices. On that note, I can't help but wonder what how much of a role race would play, especially if it's an African-American, and especially a male.
People tend to react in negative ways when people raise there voice because only schizophrenics yell and scream for no reason. When people raise there voices they rarely get quiet again and no one gives a damn about your problems or wants to hear you shouting, especially in an office.

Also shouting is a pre-requisite to fighting, and most people like avoiding fights. I would never raise my voice in an office setting because that's just asking to be fired. I can't even imagine thinking my race is the reason I was fired or people got scared if I screamed at someone in a quiet office.

I feel sorry for people that habitually do stupid things outside of the norm and than place the blame on idiotic theories that apply in there brain and not in the real world instead of looking at themselves.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
People tend to react in negative ways when people raise there voice because only schizophrenics yell and scream for no reason. When people raise there voices they rarely get quiet again and no one gives a damn about your problems or wants to hear you shouting, especially in an office.

Also shouting is a pre-requisite to fighting, and most people like avoiding fights. I would never raise my voice in an office setting because that's just asking to be fired. I can't even imagine thinking my race is the reason I was fired or people got scared if I screamed at someone in a quiet office.

I feel sorry for people that habitually do stupid things outside of the norm and than place the blame on idiotic theories that apply in there brain and not in the real world instead of looking at themselves.
In my cases, I never raised my voice. I just stated my point of view in an assertive way. No yelling, threats, or swearing. Just stating my issue in a very strong way, and I did appear upset. Once I didn't even have to say much. In both situations, all I had to do was appear upset. So raising my voice would be out of the question. Sometimes I wonder if it was because I am Black that some things I can do might appear "scary" to others.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
In my cases, I never raised my voice. I just stated my point of view in an assertive way. No yelling, threats, or swearing. Just stating my issue in a very strong way, and I did appear upset. Once I didn't even have to say much. In both situations, all I had to do was appear upset. So raising my voice would be out of the question. Sometimes I wonder if it was because I am Black that some things I can do might appear "scary" to others.
It's a possibility, alot of white people are scared of black men, but 99.9% of there fears are directed towards black men that wear gold teeth and can't speak properly. I doubt anyone is scared of you if you dress in professional attire, live in the suburbs and work at an office. Your really just boosting your own ego if you believe anyone is scared of you just for being black if the bold applies to you, lol.

It really comes down to how well you assert yourself, how well you debate, and how charismatic you are, coupled with the opposing forces weaknesses.
I myself also rarely have to use anything more than a stern voice, agitated body language and a word or two to get that same desired effect unless I am facing someone who is also a very strong willed take no BS kind of person, even outside of the professional world.

I have been in confrontations on the street with people who embody the red text before and forced them to back down just by using my voice, confidence, and this attitude that I can turn on that gives off the impression that I don't have the ability to fear you because I'm probably hiding and gun and hoping you say the wrong thing so I have an excuse to shoot you. Of course I never take it to that level when in an office setting lol.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
It's a possibility, alot of white people are scared of black men, but 99.9% of there fears are directed towards black men that wear gold teeth and can't speak properly. I doubt anyone is scared of you if you dress in professional attire, live in the suburbs and work at an office. Your really just boosting your own ego if you believe anyone is scared of you just for being black if the bold applies to you, lol.

It really comes down to how well you assert yourself, how well you debate, and how charismatic you are, coupled with the opposing forces weaknesses.
I myself also rarely have to use anything more than a stern voice, agitated body language and a word or two to get that same desired effect unless I am facing someone who is also a very strong willed take no BS kind of person, even outside of the professional world.

I have been in confrontations on the street with people who embody the red text before and forced them to back down just by using my voice, confidence, and this attitude that I can turn on that gives off the impression that I don't have the ability to fear you because I'm probably hiding and gun and hoping you say the wrong thing so I have an excuse to shoot you. Of course I never take it to that level when in an office setting lol.
That fear, well the majority of African-American men do not wear gold teeth. I don't wear gold teeth. I don't know where to get them(other than the dentist). I do work in an office, but not the payroll office. It didn't dress in a suit and tie the day I went to pick up my check. I just dressed the way some preppy college students might dress. And why should I HAVE TO dress in a suit in order to keep people from being scared of me(not that I don't like wearing a suit. I do like suits, I just feel like it shouldn't be a criteria for respect)? And I am described by my friends as having "articulate speech" and that was the speech I went in with that day.

I won't lie. I am not that charismatic(unless I have to be). I enter a room quiet but quick. My focus is on one specific thing. I don't debate very well either. I have been in a class debate before.

Well, for me, it takes more than my voice to scare the types of persons you describe. From my own experience, it has taken me actually having to fight in order to get my point across. I don't know your situation, but I am shorter and smaller than the average American male. And strangely, the types of persons you describe have actually tried to pick fights with me. And I never meet these people on the street. I met them in high school.

As for the dilemma I mentioned in a much earlier post, I am not trying to put on some ego. I am just telling it how I feel. For me on that day, I never worked at that office, I have never seen those persons, just that day. I talked about it with some people. I am actually a bit scared sometimes. I don't view myself as a scary person. I just don't like to take crap from anyone. When someone says something is going to be there on a specific day, it had better be there on that day. I was just wondering why my check wasn't in at the time I was there. Maybe it would have helped if I wasn't in a rush that day. On the other hand, I look at the situation from this perspective as well: I didn't yell. I just had a very assertive was of stating my point. So at the time I didn't understand why a police officer was brought in. It was the same way a few years ago when I was looking for a job. When I came up empty, I left the office visibly upset(an upset sigh and rolling eyes). The police were called. Looking back, I obviously scared some people some way, somehow. What was going through their minds at the time? What would YOU have done?

Old 03-28-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
That fear, well the majority of African-American men do not wear gold teeth. I don't wear gold teeth. I don't know where to get them(other than the dentist). I do work in an office, but not the payroll office. It didn't dress in a suit and tie the day I went to pick up my check. I just dressed the way some preppy college students might dress. And why should I HAVE TO dress in a suit in order to keep people from being scared of me(not that I don't like wearing a suit. I do like suits, I just feel like it shouldn't be a criteria for respect)? And I am described by my friends as having "articulate speech" and that was the speech I went in with that day.

I won't lie. I am not that charismatic(unless I have to be). I enter a room quiet but quick. My focus is on one specific thing. I don't debate very well either. I have been in a class debate before.

Well, for me, it takes more than my voice to scare the types of persons you describe. From my own experience, it has taken me actually having to fight in order to get my point across. I don't know your situation, but I am shorter and smaller than the average American male. And strangely, the types of persons you describe have actually tried to pick fights with me. And I never meet these people on the street. I met them in high school.

As for the dilemma I mentioned in a much earlier post, I am not trying to put on some ego. I am just telling it how I feel. For me on that day, I never worked at that office, I have never seen those persons, just that day. I talked about it with some people. I am actually a bit scared sometimes. I don't view myself as a scary person. I just don't like to take crap from anyone. When someone says something is going to be there on a specific day, it had better be there on that day. I was just wondering why my check wasn't in at the time I was there. Maybe it would have helped if I wasn't in a rush that day. On the other hand, I look at the situation from this perspective as well: I didn't yell. I just had a very assertive was of stating my point. So at the time I didn't understand why a police officer was brought in. It was the same way a few years ago when I was looking for a job. When I came up empty, I left the office visibly upset(an upset sigh and rolling eyes). The police were called. Looking back, I obviously scared some people some way, somehow. What was going through their minds at the time? What would YOU have done?
@ the bold...
No one said you do. Just don't wear gold teeth and talk about "choppas on deck" and "hoes on da track" an how "real it is in my hood" or mean mug old people and strangers while wearing jean shorts that cover your low cut socks and a 4X tee and white people are not going to be scared of you. I think white people going places are scared of the same type of black people that black people who are going places are scared of. The ones that fit the stereotype of the kinda dude you would see with a mugshot on the news for holding up a convenience store.

As for what happened to you, thats f***ed up. It's definitely reasonable for you to think that the police were called on you because you were black, and it's very possible that might be the reason if your story is true. I say that because it really does blow my mind and I have never witnessed something that you described happen before. Usually people have to be yelling or making threats before the cops are called.

PS if you don't know where to buy gold teeth, I find it hard to believe that you were ever raised or have even ever been to a black neighborhood. In the south at least they do molds an sell them at corner stores an gas stations and on every other street there's a big yellow an black sign saying "we sell golds" lol.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
@ the bold...
No one said you do. Just don't wear gold teeth and talk about "choppas on deck" and "hoes on da track" an how "real it is in my hood" or mean mug old people and strangers while wearing jean shorts that cover your low cut socks and a 4X tee and white people are not going to be scared of you. I think white people going places are scared of the same type of black people that black people who are going places are scared of. The ones that fit the stereotype of the kinda dude you would see with a mugshot on the news for holding up a convenience store.

As for what happened to you, thats f***ed up. It's definitely reasonable for you to think that the police were called on you because you were black, and it's very possible that might be the reason if your story is true. I say that because it really does blow my mind and I have never witnessed something that you described happen before. Usually people have to be yelling or making threats before the cops are called.

PS if you don't know where to buy gold teeth, I find it hard to believe that you were ever raised or have even ever been to a black neighborhood. In the south at least they do molds an sell them at corner stores an gas stations and on every other street there's a big yellow an black sign saying "we sell golds" lol.
It might be understandable to look at the ones who fit the stereotype with suspicion as those persons are the ones in the mugshots. What gets me though is that some people who aren't criminals actually dress this way. I remember one kid in my school who came to school wearing a "grill" on his teeth. I didn't like him very much. He was loumouthed, vulgar, and he bullied me alot. We are also on the track team together so that made things more complicated. I never asked where he got them as I didn't want them. However, I have ran into quite a few African-American men who behave as you described. Most of them, I ran into at school. Most of them were "wannabe" types. Which begs a question "Why wear clothes that can get you perceived as a criminal".

The situation I had was messed up. Perhaps I could have been friendlier. At the same time, I still don't find it necessary to call the police for "not being friendly". Why that happened, I can only guess. After this incident I did feel on edge for the rest of the week. It left me wondering "why do I have to be treated differently"?

And I have never lived in a Black neighborhood. Part of why I don't know where to buy gold teeth. Another part is I never really wanted them.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:18 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
You're stereotyping. I don't buy it. I guess when White women argue they keep their hands folded in their lap and spout poetical put-downs?
White women don't argue. They have affairs with their gardeners and go shopping at least that's what I see on tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
What is this thing with blacks and "respect/disrespect"??? You don't get respect, you EARN it.
You're being too literal. Most of the times what that means is I want to be treated in a courteous and respectful manner...that's not something you earn; that's something that should be common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
And as far as "the loud blacks in movie theaters" stereotype, it is true..
So is the stereotype about white teens/young adults. My best friend loves all those Harold & Kumar, Hangover, Hot tub Time Machine type of movies and every time we go it's always a bad experience. Usually I try to bribe her into going to an early show so we can get there and be gone before they get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies