Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:23 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I have a friend who is gay, I graduated from college with him. Not that long ago he had a get-together at his condo with the alumni who were still in the area. We got to talking and he told us that he frequently hosts safe sex parties and that they take place in the very living room that we were sitting in. He told us that the last one had about thirty dudes walking around naked engaging in fellatio, anal sex, etc. We all wanted to immediately get off the couches.
Maybe that is the sort of thing they are referring to.
Straight people do the same thing. That behavior is not representative of gays as a whole, so why use it as an argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 09:40 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I have a friend who is gay, I graduated from college with him. Not that long ago he had a get-together at his condo with the alumni who were still in the area. We got to talking and he told us that he frequently hosts safe sex parties and that they take place in the very living room that we were sitting in. He told us that the last one had about thirty dudes walking around naked engaging in fellatio, anal sex, etc. We all wanted to immediately get off the couches.
Maybe that is the sort of thing they are referring to.
Even as a gay person, I too would have found that disturbing, but the guy may have had such an event be his introduction to what gay people 'do' and now thinks it normal or typical. We each develop our sexualities in unique ways, forming them from our experiences and what we're exposed to. If I've learned anything from being gay, it's that none of us has a right to judge. There is no normal, everyone's different.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:33 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
A few of my friends on Facebook are gay. Truthfully, I know very little about most of them, as most are a "friend of a friend" type. I have browsed the pictures of these individuals and there is most certainly a "gay lifestyle." How many groups of heterosexual men sit in a room ...all with their shirts off...drinking martinis/wine...and performing extreme acts of cuddling and companionship? None would be my answer. But if you're gay, it seems like its almost a requirement. Especially at a party. It's almost like in order to be gay one has to agree to sit on another mans lap if a picture is going to be taken. Or nuzzle up close to another man for a pose. Does gay mean you have to flaunt it with every picture snapped? Is there something inherently wrong with two (gay) men posing in a picture without almost humping each other? And these are just pictures. Who knows what actually goes on with 20 gay men in the room ( I don't want to know).

I suppose one could compare 20 shirtless gay men sipping martinis to a roomful of jersey-wearing heterosexual football fans. But two men high-fiving and two men sitting on each other's laps are two very different lifestyles for sure in my opinion.

I believe there is without a doubt a gay lifestyle based on personal pictures i've seen.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:52 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
What does that have to do with it? two groups both saying lies are both wrong. what's your point?

My point is why were Christians singled out.

Maybe it's the thought is that one/some represent all and they were all put in one basket perhaps?
I'm betting that's it.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:56 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
A few of my friends on Facebook are gay. Truthfully, I know very little about most of them, as most are a "friend of a friend" type. I have browsed the pictures of these individuals and there is most certainly a "gay lifestyle." How many groups of heterosexual men sit in a room ...all with their shirts off...drinking martinis/wine...and performing extreme acts of cuddling and companionship? None would be my answer. But if you're gay, it seems like its almost a requirement. Especially at a party. It's almost like in order to be gay one has to agree to sit on another mans lap if a picture is going to be taken. Or nuzzle up close to another man for a pose. Does gay mean you have to flaunt it with every picture snapped? Is there something inherently wrong with two (gay) men posing in a picture without almost humping each other? And these are just pictures. Who knows what actually goes on with 20 gay men in the room ( I don't want to know).

I suppose one could compare 20 shirtless gay men sipping martinis to a roomful of jersey-wearing heterosexual football fans. But two men high-fiving and two men sitting on each other's laps are two very different lifestyles for sure in my opinion.

I believe there is without a doubt a gay lifestyle based on personal pictures i've seen.

I've known too many over the years, including my Dad, to know this is so.
Everyone the same? No, but it's there and more widespread than many will admit too.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:59 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I live in a small town in North DAkota. I live near my family. Here all we do is work, watch tv, go grocery shopping, go out with friends etc. My family is all straight and my friends are mostly straight. My lifestyle isn't any different than any of theirs, except that I"m more conservative than all of my friends. I'm against casual sex (for myself) i don't care if others do it, that's their business. I have a degree in religion and I'm pretty shy and introverted and stay home a lot watching TV and reading. I keep hearing Christians mention a 'gay lifestyle'. I keep wondering what it is, so that I can learn about it. Being gay is a PART of who I am, like my hair color. It was not chosen. I wish someone would explain to me what they mean by the 'gay lifestyle'. I have never got any specific answers, yet people claim to know what my lifestyle is.
You know exactly what people mean by "gay lifestyle". They are envisioning your sexual life. "Lifestyle" is a euphemism for "OhmyGodIcan'tbelievetheydoTHAT".

Old 03-26-2011, 11:16 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
people having sex parties, groups of people taking pictures of others cuddling, sitting on laps and drinking all sound like the lifestyle of "young" people out partying. it isn't just gay folks that do this stuff. pictures of a crazy night? straights have pictures like this. these activities have more in common with young single people, straight or gay being sexually adventurous.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:19 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:

Again we have someone categorizing all gays based on a party they saw pictures of depicting gay men in a certain light. Well I guess that must mean all gay men live and act that way....Really? In that case I must think that all straight men must have a problem with erectile dysfunction and need a pill to make it work, since that is all I see on the Boob Tube. And if you ever watch late night television, geez all the straight people are nothing but horn dogs, even during the day there are countless ads for straight dating sites. Is that all that you straights do is flit from one date to another in search of sex and love? Blanketing all gays and lesbians under a narrow minded example is stereotyping us as all the same. I have been to parties with mostly gay men and mostly lesbians and those that were mostly straight. You know what, they were all the same.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:28 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Again we have someone categorizing all gays based on a party they saw pictures of depicting gay men in a certain light. Well I guess that must mean all gay men live and act that way....Really? In that case I must think that all straight men must have a problem with erectile dysfunction and need a pill to make it work, since that is all I see on the Boob Tube. And if you ever watch late night television, geez all the straight people are nothing but horn dogs, even during the day there are countless ads for straight dating sites. Is that all that you straights do is flit from one date to another in search of sex and love? Blanketing all gays and lesbians under a narrow minded example is stereotyping us as all the same. I have been to parties with mostly gay men and mostly lesbians and those that were mostly straight. You know what, they were all the same.

OMG seriously? you mean there are gay people who actually live their lives like straight people? there really are gay people who are not promiscuous?

Old 03-26-2011, 11:31 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
Quote:

How absurd can you get?

Because you saw something on facebook, there is a gay lifestyle where all gay men sit around half naked drinking wine, and sitting in each others laps...

Sometimes all I can do is shake my head and laugh at the absurdity of some conservative heterosexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies