Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2011, 09:52 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Goody goody gumdrops for you.

Palin complains incessantly about being a victim of the media, but never seems to miss a chance to be on camera and broadcast from her virtual igloo on the Internet.
Oh...are you missing your 15 minutes of fame????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
As a conservative, I say your vote in neither needed nor wanted.
Yeah you guys don't need those moderates to vote for you.
Remember you said that next election.

Quote:
Horse face and man hands? You just showed your level of class and decency and education - or lack thereof.
I also take issue with the popular idea that she is physically attractive.

Not my type. She has man hands. Ick.

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
From her Facebook page:

Nice write up and response. I think she would've done this long ago. The bias and lies and childish, hateful crap dished upon her by the left will never stop, but just get worse. It's time to ignore them and dont play in to their hands.

Speaking of childish and hateful, I expect to see a full dose of it from the usual bunch of clowns in this thread soon. In a matter of moments I'm sure ill be proven right

Been thinking about it. Looks like Obama will run unopposed in 2012 so Republican candidates should freeze out the biased media. No debates on their networks. No interviews. Take the message to the Internet. Put ads on TV. Do public appearances. Everybody knows the incumbent makes the Dem primary ho-hum and all the interest will be the GOP race so let the lib biased media suffer ratings and subscription wise.

Look at what the NY Times is doing with conservative book authors. Can't get those pesky conservative authors out of the top 10 in nonfiction so stick their books with the "How To" book group. Bleep them. Freeze 'em out.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Oh...are you missing your 15 minutes of fame????
Yes, let's make the thread all about me.

I would really enjoy that.

When you want to take a break from that, perhaps you could explain the appeal of Sarah Palin to me.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Yeah you guys don't need those moderates to vote for you.
Remember you said that next election.

I also take issue with the popular idea that she is physically attractive.

Not my type. She has man hands. Ick.
Do you think you would be her type??

Old 03-25-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Do you think you would be her type??
I certainly hope not.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

Please explain how Sarah is "smart." About anything.

Most everything she has said, made complete sense, in the context they have been discussed. Almost everything.

Can't say the same for Barry, Joe, or any Progressive mindset. Nothing makes sense to me, of the things that run through their heads.
They call themselves Liberal, as in liberty, yet there is nothing but controlling this, that and the other coming from that lie.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Yes, let's make the thread all about me.

I would really enjoy that.

When you want to take a break from that, perhaps you could explain the appeal of Sarah Palin to me.
Why do I like her???

My hubby was in an hunting accident in Alaska.

The Palin's help was a part of saving his life.

I do not mean from a far, I mean holding a rag on the cut.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:59 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,546 times
Quote:
Please do explain how "media bias" changes the meaning of the following statements:

"All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008

"Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008

'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'" --a Tweet sent by Sarah Palin in response to being ridiculed for inventing the word "refudiate," proudly mistaking her illiteracy for literary genius, July 18, 2010

"Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate." --a Tweet by Sarah Palin, which she quickly removed after being ridiculed for inventing the word "refudiate," July 18, 2010

"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010
*Now, I'm willing to accept this as a possible flub, but...in the context of the other quotes, LOL.

"We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn't that ironic?" --Sarah Palin, admitting that her family used to get treatment in Canada's single-payer health care system, despite having demonized such government-run programs as socialized medicine that will lead to death-panel-like rationing, March 6, 2010

"Because of that one episode, that one episode, that would turn an issue into what it has become over the last two years. I think that's ridiculous. That's one of those things, where that issue...that I don't read, or that I'm not informed, it's one of those questions where I like to turn that around and ask the reporters, 'Why would it be that there is that perception that I don't read?'" --Sarah Palin, ABC interview with Barbara Walters, Dec. 9, 2010

"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree."** --Sarah Palin, Fox News interview with Sean Hannity, Nov. 22, 2010
**Which, as everyone knows, makes her smarter than a guy that graduated with a law degree from Columbia.

"[Barack and Michelle Obama] have power in their words. They could refudiate what it is that this group is saying." –Sarah Palin, on the NAACP charge of racism in the Tea Party movement, The Sean Hannity Show, Fox News, July 14, 2010

"Extreme deep water drilling is not the preferred choice to meet our country's energy needs, but your protests and lawsuits and lies about onshore and shallow water drilling have locked up safer areas. It's catching up with you. The tragic, unprecedented deep water Gulf oil spill proves it." --Sarah Palin, blaming the Gulf oil spill disaster on "extreme environmentalists," Facebook note, June 2, 2010
You don't have to be an environmentalist to appreciate Sarah's "unique" logic here...

"I think it's appalling and a violation of our freedom of the press." –Sarah Palin, speaking about the negative media coverage of Republican congressional candidate Vaughn Ward, Boise, Idaho, May 21, 2010

Oh mercy.

"Go back to what our founders and our founding documents meant -- they're quite clear -- that we would create law based on the God of the bible and the Ten Commandments." –-Sarah Palin, arguing that Judeo-Christian belief was the basis for American law and should continue to be used as a guiding force for creating future legislation, interview with Bill O'Reilly, May 6, 2010
Gee Sarah, I can't find that language anywhere. Hmm. Have you ever actually read the documents?

"It may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: 'Sit down and shut up,' but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out." --Sarah Palin, announcing her resignation as governor, July 3, 2009
D'oh!
Thanks for this post. I had forgotten many of these difficult to understand fragmemted statements hers.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Why do I like her???

My hubby was in an hunting accident in Alaska.

The Palin's help was a part of saving his life.

I do not mean from a far, I mean holding a rag on the cut.
Alright, so she did what any sane or decent person should do in a particular situation.

How does that make her a suitable candidate for President?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies