Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:51 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,472,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"Our legal action was in no way related to the cause of the organization and was done so to be consistent with our long-standing policy of providing a distraction-free shopping experience by not permitting solicitors at our stores," the company said in a statement sent to The Associated Press.
Target says it has taken similar action against a number of organizations representing a variety of causes. It alleges in the lawsuit that the San Diego group's activists harass customers by cornering them near its stores' front entrances and debating with them about their views on gay marriage.
Target sues San Diego gay rights group - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110325/ap_on_re_us/us_target_lawsuit - broken link)

Good for Target! Customers shouldn't be hassled by various groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 10:56 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,577,965 times
Good for target!!!! I will make sure I shop there more often to support them.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:09 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,064,254 times
Go Target! I too make a point of shopping at Target since they have been in the crosshairs of the homosexuals.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:13 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,971,743 times
Good. The homofascists are out of control with their harassment and bullying.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:18 AM

446 posts, read 647,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Good. The homofascists are out of control with their harassment and bullying.
You mean like the Christofascists are out of control with their bigotry and ignorance?

Here's hoping that the court rules in favor of the canvassers. As stated in the link, the courts have ruled in the past that people have a right to canvass in a public square, like a shopping center.

Also, I wonder if Target would do the same if the people in front were conservatives...

Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Serge View Post
You mean like the Christofascists are out of control with their bigotry and ignorance?

Here's hoping that the court rules in favor of the canvassers. As stated in the link, the courts have ruled in the past that people have a right to canvass in a public square, like a shopping center.

Also, I wonder if Target would do the same if the people in front were conservatives...
Target says it has taken similar action against a number of organizations representing a variety of causes. It alleges in the lawsuit that the San Diego group's activists harass customers by cornering them near its stores' front entrances and debating with them about their views on gay marriage. -from the article

Old 03-25-2011, 11:22 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,054,438 times
Target feels that their actions are harming business.

If I owned a business, I'd do the same thing no matter the message of the group.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:23 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,578,227 times
Well my willingness to shop at Target just crashed. I will put them on the list with WalMart as companies that favor profit over people and equality.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:24 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,748,411 times
If anti-abortion activists can picket in front of abortion centers, harrassing women who are making one of the most difficult decisions in their life, then gay rights groups should be allowed to picket in front of any store they want.

I hate the "special" treatment religious organizations get in this country. Such hypocrasy.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:25 AM

Target says it has taken similar action against a number of organizations representing a variety of causes. It alleges in the lawsuit that the San Diego group's activists harass customers by cornering them near its stores' front entrances and debating with them about their views on gay marriage. -from the article
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies