Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
And now the Egyptian army, under the Muslim Brotherhood, has no obsticals in its way to stop it from destroying Israel. It took them from their assasination of Anwar Sadat until now to reach their goal toward "the final solution".

How some liberals can stand on the side and cheer this on as "democracy" is beyond comprehension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 03:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And now the Egyptian army, under the Muslim Brotherhood, has no obsticals in its way to stop it from destroying Israel. It took them from their assasination of Anwar Sadat until now to reach their goal toward "the final solution".

How some liberals can stand on the side and cheer this on as "democracy" is beyond comprehension.
Soooo...what should us liberals do to stop the Muslim Brotherhood from destroying Israel (hyperbole at its finest BTW)?

Old 03-25-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Wanna place bets that al Qaeda is a major player behind the Libyan rebels? How soon before the al Qaeda brand of politics starts blowing up market places and UN controlled areas?
No need to bet on that, they are. Obama is giving aid to the enemy; and act of Treason.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If the Egyptian people think it's awesome, then it is. You're not Egyptian, are you?
We'll see how many of think its awesome as time goes by. We'll see how awesome Egypt is and how awesome of an Allie or foe they are. You can say it shouldnt even matter to us and its not our place to say/do anything. For one, like I said, we did play a role. We cheerleaded and demanded action. Now we took it a step further in Libya, and carried out actual action ourselves.

All that is going on is going to have a big impact on the future of the Middle East and the world really. What we thought couldnt get much worse, just might. And I know you dont really care about our Allies, or perhaps even if we have any, but it matters whether you chose to believe it or not.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we've hit a turning point for the worst in the Mid East and our world. I really think things are going to get very, very bad....at least the way things are looking. We need our Allies, as many as we can get.And Israel is one of them. This Egypt revolution and next Libya could result in worse news for Israel.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:01 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Quote:
No need to bet on that, they are. Obama is giving aid to the enemy; and act of Treason.

I hate to sound like conspiratorial but I dont think Obama likes Israel at all. Its well known that people in his past hated Israel, so its hard to think he wouldnt feel the same. Wouldnt it be something if all this is really to appease Israel's enemies and set them up for destruction? I know, it sounds crazy and its not something Im ready to believe but it's certainly plausible.

Some of what we've been doing just doesnt make sense and we havent exactly gotten honest answers from this Administration.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If the Egyptian people think it's awesome, then it is. You're not Egyptian, are you?
Under that line of thinking if a German thought Nazi Germany and the extermination of Jews and homosexuals by Hitler was awesome did it make it so?

Old 03-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Under that line of thinking if a German thought Nazi Germany and the extermination of Jews and homosexuals by Hitler was awesome did it make it so?
Godwin shoots and scores.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Obama and friends sold this as people wanting democracy - crapola.

At some point - some of you will have to face the truth about Obama instead of sweeping it under the rug.
What truth are you referring to? I don't think my tinfoil hat is currently picking up all frequencies.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
We'll see how many of think its awesome as time goes by. We'll see how awesome Egypt is and how awesome of an Allie or foe they are. You can say it shouldnt even matter to us and its not our place to say/do anything. For one, like I said, we did play a role. We cheerleaded and demanded action. Now we took it a step further in Libya, and carried out actual action ourselves.

All that is going on is going to have a big impact on the future of the Middle East and the world really. What we thought couldnt get much worse, just might. And I know you dont really care about our Allies, or perhaps even if we have any, but it matters whether you chose to believe it or not.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we've hit a turning point for the worst in the Mid East and our world. I really think things are going to get very, very bad....at least the way things are looking. We need our Allies, as many as we can get.And Israel is one of them. This Egypt revolution and next Libya could result in worse news for Israel.
Sounds to me like a problem for Israel, doesn't it?

Some of you are obsessed with the Middle East. Not me. Don't give a damn about the region anymore...assuming that i ever did. The Israeli's are big boys....they can take care of themselves.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Ahhh....Godwin's Law rears it's ugly head once again.

You conservatives sure are obsessed with Nazi Germany. What's that all about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies