Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Why would you doubt that? End Corporate Welfare - Reason Magazine

End Corporate Welfare

Stop giving handouts to big business

John Stossel | March 24, 2011

He is talked against corporate welfare for as long as I can remember. You need to get your head out of the left/right way of thinking.
There has to be an interest in thinking first instead of being a plant to push the Soros Agenda non-stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 02:31 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
That's certainly the case with millions of dollars in subsidies to corporate America, but I doubt Stossel is against this type of welfare.
Wrong again.
He most certainly is against corporate welfare.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
I'd have thought the fall of the Soviet Union would have taught us that central planning is destructive, but the conceit of the central planners lives on. Maybe the problem isn't merely economic ignorance. Maybe it's something more sinister: a wish to keep the freeloading system going.
After all, if politicians and business leaders admit that government cannot play a constructive role in the economy, what grounds would there be for subsidies, shelter from competitors and other privileges at the people's expense? The anti-free-market ideology is a vast rationalization for favoritism.

Read more: JOHN STOSSEL: G.E., Obama and the Cozy Government Business of Handing Out Favors to Folks With Connections - FoxNews.com

Old 03-27-2011, 02:25 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
What grabbed my attention was $50,000.00 to an African American who had attempted farming! "Attempted", mind you - throwing around a little fertilizer in your front yard would satisfy the government's definition of an "attempt at farming". I am not African American, but I grow produce on my parcel of land - and work extremely hard at it. Around here, that $50,000 could buy you 40 acres and a mule (or a good used tractor).

Old 03-27-2011, 02:49 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
What grabbed my attention was $50,000.00 to an African American who had attempted farming! "Attempted", mind you - throwing around a little fertilizer in your front yard would satisfy the government's definition of an "attempt at farming". I am not African American, but I grow produce on my parcel of land - and work extremely hard at it. Around here, that $50,000 could buy you 40 acres and a mule (or a good used tractor).
If this is the definition, I'm sure you have a link to that definition, right?
Or is this your opinion of it.
If that's the definition, why don't you apply?
So, only AAs attempt farming and get government backing?
You do have some proof that he threw around a little fertilizer in his front yard, right? Or are you making it up?

Old 03-27-2011, 03:31 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You do have some proof that he threw around a little fertilizer in his front yard, right? Or are you making it up?

Did you watch it?

Old 03-27-2011, 08:06 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,423,174 times
Quote:
How about Jon Bon Jovi and the Boss getting huge tax breaks because they have a few bee hives on their property?

Old 03-27-2011, 08:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

UH???

Seriously?

Here in lies the problem folks!
See what we are dealing with, all the way to the top of the Progressive chain.
They pay absolutely no attention to their surroundings.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
UH???

Seriously?
Sad.. isnt it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies