Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 03:40 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
You ask...I answer...you blather on about how I'm wrong....

Typical liberal mentality, actually. You're obviously much smarter than all of us dumb idiots.
Well, I'd say we certainly are smarter, although we didn't call you guys dumb idiots.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:43 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,751 times
Quote:

Typical liberal mentality, actually. You're obviously much smarter than all of us dumb idiots.

i think it's funny how conservatives have PLATFORMS that discriminate and then when called bigots play the victim and claim that they never do. and then claim that someone is playing the 'bigot' card.

Also, must be nice to have been born with the FAVORED sexual orientation, and then be able to get married on a moments notice, while gay people have had partners for 30 years who don't get too.

Also, being gay has nothing to do with politics except for that republicans MAKE it so. Many gay people know nothing about politics. They're not gay because they are 'democrats'. When I was a twelve year old gay boy, I had didn't know much about politics yet i was still gay.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:44 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You know they are not the same thing. Stop being dense. Joint filing is one example of a right straight couples have that gay couples do not.
Ok, I'll try.

I was making a point and get a sense of humor.

My point is a partner is not necessarily a partner in marriage. And there are a lot of different types of partners.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Ok, I'll try.

I was making a point and get a sense of humor.

My point is a partner is not necessarily a partner in marriage. And there are a lot of different types of partners.
And a gay couple of 30 years is basically no different than a straight couple of 30 years. And yet, one of those couples get over a 1000 more rights and benefits than the other.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:47 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:

You haven't answered the question at all...Just some blather about donuts and semantics....How does Adam and Steve's marriage effect your marriage?

Old 03-31-2011, 03:50 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
i think it's funny how conservatives have PLATFORMS that discriminate and then when called bigots play the victim and claim that they never do. and then claim that someone is playing the 'bigot' card.
I've tried to explain on here countless times that it isn't about discrimination, bigotry, or any of that nonsense. You guys ignore it and call us names.

Honestly? We're not the bigots.
Quote:

Also, must be nice to have been born with the FAVORED sexual orientation, and then be able to get married on a moments notice, while gay people have had partners for 30 years who don't get too.
That's another issue. You are begging the question by making unproven statements like "born gay", etc. Maybe you think if you keep throwing it out there you'll eventually win by us not calling you on it...I don't know.

As for length of relationship? I don't care, actually. A 30 year adulterer is still an adulterer. Your argument for pragmatism is irrelevant. We don't oppose gay marriage because of that. Find an actual argument that is relevant.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:51 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You haven't answered the question at all...Just some blather about donuts and semantics....How does Adam and Steve's marriage effect your marriage?
Go back and re-read my posts. Get someone to read it to you and explain it if you have to.

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
This is what the marriage redefinitionists ultimately want to achieve, marriage to be as meaningless as “getting a car loan.” The special and unique mating ceremony known as marriage by society throughout the world, and what the homosexual cannot ever be a part of, they seek to modify, diminish, devalue, and destroy. If they can’t have it then they have to render it completely valueless not just for themselves but for everybody. Redefining marriage will affect ALL marriage by altering the very essence of what makes marriage special and valued by worldwide society, the joining of the sexes, and mutating it into nothing more than a counterfeit business arrangement devoid of any value, social or otherwise, and rendered meaningless.
Actually, that's what a civil marriage is. It has NOTHING to do with religious belief or however your particular family of culture traditionally views it. A civil marriage is a contract, given power by the state, than confers a collection of civil rights.

Quote:
I've tried to explain on here countless times that it isn't about discrimination, bigotry, or any of that nonsense. You guys ignore it and call us names.

Yes, actually you are. You fit the definition to a tee.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:53 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,751 times
Quote:

hmm. me born homosexual, you born heterosexual. you think marriage should be framed so that only HETEROSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS can form a marriage.
textbook definition of discrimination

That's another issue. You are begging the question by making unproven statements like "born gay", etc. Maybe you think if you keep throwing it out there you'll eventually win by us not calling you on it...I don't know.

As for length of relationship? I don't care, actually. A 30 year adulterer is still an adulterer. Your argument for pragmatism is irrelevant. We don't oppose gay marriage because of that. Find an actual argument that is relevant.
30 years of TWO ADULTS in a committed relationship.... is an ADULTERER? perhaps you need a dictionary. How DEMEANING you are to our relationships.. WHY DO YOU DO THAT? 30 years of a gay couple is JUST as VALID IS YOURS. except you can marry in ONE DAY.

Also, being gay is NOT a choice, and there are millions of first hand sources for proof to ask called... GAY PEOPLE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies