Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 04:13 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Ok there is where we disagree. I am just answering the topic and no need to get angry at the messenger.

I agree taht one's race is an "unchosen trait" but I believe that sexual choice is just that.

And no one is suggesting that homosexuals can't exercise their choice but it doesn't extend to marriage which is between one man and one woman.
well there are plenty of FIRST HAND SOURCES called GAY PEOPLE to ask if being gay is a choice or not, not to mention the scientific community. and the TRUTH is that i did not choose to be gay. So there you go, now you know that 'sexual orientation' is not chosen. so if you disagree to my right to marry ACCORDING TO MY SEXUAL ORIENTATION, than that's called discrimination. And since you're not gay, your views on gay marriage matter less because the issue doesn't affect you in any way.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:13 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
When you change the definition of marriage, it effects us all.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:16 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
well there are plenty of FIRST HAND SOURCES called GAY PEOPLE to ask if being gay is a choice or not, not to mention the scientific community. and the TRUTH is that i did not choose to be gay. So there you go, now you know that 'sexual orientation' is not chosen. so if you disagree to my right to marry ACCORDING TO MY SEXUAL ORIENTATION, than that's called discrimination. And since you're not gay, your views on gay marriage matter less because the issue doesn't affect you in any way.
Ok we are at an impasse.
But you are incorrect when you state that "the issue doesn't affect you in any way." This issue affects my country and its future. It affects straights and homosexuals alike in a very big way.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
When you change the definition of marriage, it effects us all.
actually in this case it doesn't. and you've proven that by not naming ONE WAY in which it does. Marriage has been defined many different ways in the past. It's definition has been changed NUMEROUS times. BUt in case it doesn't affect YOU in ANY WAY> other than that you can't harm me by discriminating against me any more.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:
actually in this case it doesn't. and you've proven that by not naming ONE WAY in which it does. Marriage has been defined many different ways in the past. It's definition has been changed NUMEROUS times. BUt in case it doesn't affect YOU in ANY WAY> other than that you can't harm me by discriminating against me any more.
Nobody is harming you.

Marriage is one man and one woman.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Nobody is harming you.

Marriage is one man and one woman.
When I can't marry the person I love because of your selfish need to discriminate, that's harming me. When I have to jump through hoops to get a small portion of the rights you get that's called harming me and it harms not only me but my family, my friends, not to mention many children who live in households with gay parents. and Marriage is NOT between one man and one women, marriage is between two consenting adults. defining something in a way that doesn't include others is called UNCONSTITUTIONAL and has been RULED as such time and time again.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:22 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You obviously know nothing about the Biblical meaning of marriage. It was usually between an older man and a 9 or 10 year old girl (aka, pedophilia). That or polygamy.

"Traditional Marriage" as you call it - is a modern invention.
You forgot the concubines....
Why is it that those people who argue for a traditional Biblical marriage have obviously not read the whole Bible. Or know anything about the cultures in which it was written.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:29 AM

Quote:
When I can't marry the person I love because of your selfish need to discriminate, that's harming me. When I have to jump through hoops to get a small portion of the rights you get that's called harming me and it harms not only me but my family, my friends, not to mention many children who live in households with gay parents. and Marriage is NOT between one man and one women, marriage is between two consenting adults. defining something in a way that doesn't include others is called UNCONSTITUTIONAL and has been RULED as such time and time again.
Nah.

I do not believe in discriminating against anyone.

Activist judges are, well, activists. Their rulings are overturned time and again.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Ok we are at an impasse.
But you are incorrect when you state that "the issue doesn't affect you in any way." This issue affects my country and its future. It affects straights and homosexuals alike in a very big way.
How so? how does it affect HETEROSEXUALS in a big way. Other than the family members and friends OF HOMOSEXUALS?

Old 03-29-2011, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Nah.

I do not believe in discriminating against anyone.

Activist judges are, well, activists. Their rulings are overturned time and again.
You just said that you were against me receiving something that you already receiving because i was born with a different sexual orientation than you.

I think that's kinda the textbook definition of discrimination. Also not violating the bill of rights is not being 'activist'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies