Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Can you name a few so I can research them?
Here's two supreme court cases off the top of my head:

Lawrence v. Texas
Romer v. Evans

Old 03-29-2011, 07:07 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,683,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
How exactly would gay marriage affect heterosexual marriage?
I'll echo what I've said elsewhere, and that is, it won't. Or it shouldn't.

Removing all of the silly religious baggage and associated fear mongering, threats of "proliferating rights", and all of the other irrelevant hysteria, marriage is simply a contract between two people. That is it, the end.

How exactly would same sex home ownership affect heterosexual home ownership?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 PM

7 posts, read 5,117 times
The real problem with all of this is people can not separate their beliefs from legality. I would wonder what would happen if religion was removed from the "gay marriage" conversation...

Old 03-29-2011, 07:13 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
I say live and let live.....what Adam & Steve do behind closed doors is no business of mines. BUT when we begin discussing the sacred union of marriage and the impressionable minds of children I have to draw the line there. The level of morality just sunk to a new low when gay people decide to twist what God meant for man and woman into something that benefits them when they know homosexuality is an abomination. I know 2 lesbians who decided that they wanted to bring children into their home....one went to a sperm clinic and was artifically inseminated.....now they have twin girls who will grow up in a home with no father and calling two women mommy.

What is little Suzy going to do when she is looking for her daddy and now they have to explain to the child(ren) that they were created from a sperm clinic?

Sorry but children should not grow up in a home where a gay couple is trying to make their lifestyle appear normal...sends a bad message to a child. The same thing for marriage...no gays should not be allowed to drag the sacred union of marriage down with them. When people begin following the bible and Gods laws the world will be a lot better place to live.

Marriage was meant to be shared by a man and a woman PERIOD!
Clearly you've not done any research on the topic. A pet peeve of mine is when people write in such an authoritative tone, yet, they have glaring flaws in their statements.

In fact, children did BETTER in lesbian households than in heterosexual household or in male homosexual households. Children in male homosexual households were about the same as those in heterosexual households.

You can explain to your child that daddy (or mommy) loved them so much that they asked a doctor to help them have a baby. I mean what do you tell a kid from a heterosexual household? Mommy got really drunk one night off of tequila shots at Le Deux when she saw daddy. Daddy then walked over to the bar to buy mommy a tequila sunrise. After that, mommy and daddy, went to daddy's apartment off of Argyle and Sunset. There, daddy inserted his (expletive) in mommy's (expletive) repeatedly. Daddy did not take long to make you. OF COURSE NOT! It goes both ways.

The level of morality sunk to a new low not because of homosexual marriage, but because of intolerance by those against it.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:27 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,547,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Clearly you've not done any research on the topic. A pet peeve of mine is when people write in such an authoritative tone, yet, they have glaring flaws in their statements.

In fact, children did BETTER in lesbian households than in heterosexual household or in male homosexual households. Children in male homosexual households were about the same as those in heterosexual households.

You can explain to your child that daddy (or mommy) loved them so much that they asked a doctor to help them have a baby. I mean what do you tell a kid from a heterosexual household? Mommy got really drunk one night off of tequila shots at Le Deux when she saw daddy. Daddy then walked over to the bar to buy mommy a tequila sunrise. After that, mommy and daddy, went to daddy's apartment off of Argyle and Sunset. There, daddy inserted his (expletive) in mommy's (expletive) repeatedly. Daddy did not take long to make you. OF COURSE NOT! It goes both ways.

The level of morality sunk to a new low not because of homosexual marriage, but because of intolerance by those against it.
Clearly you have decided to ignore right & wrong when the rules do not agree with your objective. I don't give a rats behind what research has been done showing that children do better in gay homes....you are trying to put mans research ahead of Gods laws...that is the problem in this world....people are making up new rules as they go along....why? Because Gods laws are not in agreement with their life choices!

Be gay all you want.....just don't drag marriage and children into it. Above all do not expect the world to bend it's standards to accomodate your agenda. There are enough deviant immoral behavior going on in the world....we do not need to add allowing gay marriage to that list!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:30 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Quote:
Clearly you have decided to ignore right & wrong when the rules do not agree with your objective. I don't give a rats behind what research has been done showing that children do better in gay homes....you are trying to put mans research ahead of Gods laws...that is the problem in this world....people are making up new rules as they go along....why? Because Gods laws are not in agreement with their life choices!

Be gay all you want.....just don't drag marriage and children into it. Above all do not expect the world to bend it's standards to accomodate your agenda. There are enough deviant immoral behavior going on in the world....we do not need to add allowing gay marriage to that list!
Do you believe we should follow all of God's laws, or only the ones that don't happen to affect you?

For example, should we kill disobedient children?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Quote:

The fact that people honestly believe this is... is frightening at best.

Though, if we want to drag God's law into this. Jenova has no problems with gay marriage. This is because her Son is in fact a homosexual. The tale of Sephiroth and his beloved Genesis... It is a tragic tale, but that is for another thread. Point still stands, though. My religion says that homosexuality is fine. Yours does not. Neither is more correct nor incorrect. Ergo, religious beliefs should stay out of the realm of politics.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:

I raise your "gay marriage" as deviant and immoral with " pedophile priests in religious organisations"

Old 03-29-2011, 07:40 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,726,450 times
Quote:

I came late to this discussion but I'm pretty sure I know how it's going. Let me give you a few facts:

Fact-Divorce rates have gone down in states that have instituted gay marriage.

Fact- Having gays in the neighborhood makes for a better community

Fact- States saw a decrease in crime after they instituted gay marriage

Fact- Children of gay parents get better grades in school

and the most important fact of all...

Fact- The four facts I stated above are just bulls--- I made up. They're just as silly as the people claiming that gays will suddenly ruin hetero marriage or increase immorality among our youth.

Really buddy, if you hate the fact that gay marriage is talked about so much, just legalize it and let those who want to marry, get married. Honestly, I'm from Mass and not a whole lot changed after they legalized gay marriage...except the governor raised the sales tax! Gays raised the sales tax! Damn you gays!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:07 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I came late to this discussion but I'm pretty sure I know how it's going. Let me give you a few facts:

Fact-Divorce rates have gone down in states that have instituted gay marriage.

Fact- Having gays in the neighborhood makes for a better community

Fact- States saw a decrease in crime after they instituted gay marriage

Fact- Children of gay parents get better grades in school

and the most important fact of all...

Fact- The four facts I stated above are just bulls--- I made up. They're just as silly as the people claiming that gays will suddenly ruin hetero marriage or increase immorality among our youth.

Really buddy, if you hate the fact that gay marriage is talked about so much, just legalize it and let those who want to marry, get married. Honestly, I'm from Mass and not a whole lot changed after they legalized gay marriage...except the governor raised the sales tax! Gays raised the sales tax! Damn you gays!!!!!!
That was funny, ya had me going.

Last edited by Roaddog; 03-29-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies