Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 08:20 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I am not really religious....I dont care what one religion says over the other

the fact is that our species continues due to hetrosexual..not homosexual

if you want to have same sex relationship..by all mean go ahead
if you want to have bi relations go ahead
if you want to have MULTIPLE relationships go ahead

but you dont need the GOVERNMENTS PERMISSION to love someone, lust someone, or be in a relationship

my opinion is marriages are the problem, in this unequal treatment between hetro/homo/ single people...so get rid of marriage...cut the cancer of a govermnent permissionslip out
Amen. And for what it's worth, I'm gay. I think we should just get rid of marriage benefits altogether. Leave marriage up to religious institutions.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:20 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That is a cop out, because this is not an argument that should be based upon religion.

If gay men want to be "married" in a private ceremony, let them form a group, and hand out marriage ceremonies. Why do they need my public endorsement and government sponsorship?
Because hetero couples get government sponsorship. Denying homosexual couples, incest couples, and poly couples the same rights, is discrimination.

I couldn't care less about public endorsement.

What the public believes and what the majority wants is irrelevant.

Even if the majority actually believes we should legalize gay marriage.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
This isn't about government's permission.

This is about the government extending the rights that COME with marriage to all couples or partners.

We can argue all day on whether or not we keep the term as marriage or civil unions or whatever, but the plain fact is, if we extend marriage rights to couple A, but not to couple B, it's discrimination.
correct...but if the single person doesnt get those same BENEFITS then its also discrimination

the simple fact is if marriage and the so-called beneftits are the problem...then get rid of the problem

I dont need a marriage license to go to a lawyer and give a POA to ANYONE for my 'quality of life' choices at a hospital or a morgue

I dont need a marriage liciense to have health insurance...if only to give my partner a MONITARY BENEFIT as I can have that partner on MY policy for a cheaper price...and in doing so causing the prices to go up for single people.....in a sense it is stealing

stop the insanity...stop the arguing..stop the discrimination...abolish all marriages

Last edited by workingclasshero; 03-30-2011 at 08:29 AM..

Old 03-30-2011, 08:22 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
I am married.

And if my wife falls in love with a woman as well as me, then I'd like her to have the ability to wed her as well.

The argument that "we all can get married since there's hetero marriage" is an idiotically intellectually dishonest one.

Take all gender out, and what do we get.

Couple A can get married, but couple B cannot, for the simple reasons that their genitalia are different.

Discrimination.

People can cover their ears, and act like their rosy view of the world where it's not discrimination is correct, but the plain fact is, it's a lie. And nothing they can say will change it.
Multiple person, or communal marriages is a whole other discussion. Start your own thread on polygamy.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:25 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Multiple person, or communal marriages is a whole other discussion. Start your own thread on polygamy.
The point is still there. It was ignored, of course, as expected, but still there.

Couple A can get married, but couple B cannot, for the simple reasons that their genitalia are different.

Only the very first part of my post dealt with poly marriage. Reading comprehension is a skill that needs to be flexed more in this forum.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:25 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Why do you and many others insist that you can read into the Constitution that which simply isn't there?
You are obviously quite oblivious to how the law works.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Why do so many insist that something has to be listed in the Constitution before it can be considered a right? Do none of you understand the 9th amendment? I always thought it was quite clear.
but meanwhile you seem to have no problem with the GOVERNMENT DEMANDING ITs PAYMENT for the PERMISSION of marriage

if it is a RIGHT...., then the government should not be GIVING any BENEFITS to, or DEMANDING a PAYMENT for PERMISSION, from anyone

the GOVERNMENT, in giving benefits and requiring a payment for a permissive liciense ,the GOVERNEMT has said its not a right. but a governmental privilege

Old 03-30-2011, 08:27 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You are obviously quite oblivious to how the law works.

whatever. honestly...it's just getting tiring trying to reason with you folks.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but meanwhile you seem to have no problem with the GOVERNMENT DEMANDING IT PAYMENT for the PERMISSION of marriage

if it is a RIGHT, then the government should not be GIVING any BENEFITS to, or DEMANDING a PAYMENT for PERMISSION

the GOVERNMENT in giving benefits and requiring a payment for a permissive liciense the GOVERNEMT has said its not a right. but a governmental privilege
You are such a broken record. Get over it. Marriage is a right so sayeth the Supreme Court. Their decision is all that matters.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
whatever. honestly...it's just getting tiring trying to reason with you folks.
The irony...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies