Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 08:21 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
They don't reproduce.
The OP only asked for 1, not 7 Billion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 08:23 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I beg to differ, the Torah says the same thing that leviticus says. If a man lies with a man as he would lie with a woman, he must be put to death.
That's an english interpretation and is taken out of the context of the surrounding verses and the equivalent verses repeated in Deuteronomy. As well as out of the context of the culture 2500 or so years ago when pagan temples to fertility gods existed.

Most Christians who condemn same-sex relationships probably haven't even read the whole Bible let alone studied it in it's original historical, cultural and linguistic contexts. It's much easier to just drink the "kool-aid" than go to all that trouble.

So when did sacred male temple prostitutes (qadesh) worshiping Canaanite fertility gods become "all 21st century gays and lesbians"?

When did heterosexual men threatening to rape male strangers to intimidate them (as was common at that time) become "all 21st century gays and lesbians"?

When did new converts in first century Rome reverting back to the worshiping practices of their original fertility cults (which included the use of ritualistic sex orgies in the pagan temples) -become "all 21st century gays and lesbians"?

Last edited by Ceist; 03-28-2011 at 09:09 AM..

Old 03-28-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Leviticus is part of the Torah, and it doesn't say that in Hebrew. Hebrew has multiple words for having sexual relations. It doesn't use the word for consensual relations in that verse. It uses a word that in every case it's used in a sexual context in the Bible, refers to sex by force or deception.

Not to mention, why does the clause "with a woman" exist in that verse? Why doesn't it just say "Do not have sex with a man"? Obviously it's referring to something far more specific than merely having sex.

And that entire verse is in the context of pagan sex rituals in Caananite temples. Do you know of any gays in the 21st century that force other men into the submissive female sexual role in Pagan temples while sacrificing children to Molech?
At last...someone else who has done the research.
I doubt you could find very many Christians on forums like these who even know who Molech was. Or know who the qadesh were.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:32 AM

521 posts, read 467,073 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudOFG5X6uA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRKk-njtOic

Old 03-28-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Liberals are always lecturing us like petulant children about the wonders of homosexuality and heterosexuality. So I'm going to open up my mind and let you all enlighten me. What are the wonders of homosexuality? How is homosexuality inherently better than heterosexuality? How are Adam and Steve superior to Adam and Eve? What service does homosexuality provide that heterosexuality denies? Of what value is homosexuality to our culture or our advancement as a civilization?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
They wouldnt have children like you?
Best answer!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRedux View Post
Homosexual chicks are fun to watch, even better when they let me play as well.
In your dreams maybe.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
sorry.. I will bust straight man balls anytime I can... you all need to wake up.. the world isn't how you were taught that it is... and it's not just the "gay dudes" that are the homosexuals.
there are hot ladies you've met and probably approached in a bar that don't want anything you have to offer... it's just the facts..and not just because they didn't like YOU.. they just don't like men...
Not so much that we don't "like" men. We just aren't physically and emotionally attracted to them and don't want to have sex with a man or be in a relationship with a man. I get on well with lot's of guys and like 'em just fine. Unless they are creeps.

Funny, I've met far more straight women who "hate" men. Guess they have more at stake emotionally with men. Whereas, when I meet a guy I'm not sizing him up as a potential mate or acting all silly to attract his attention, so I can just treat him like a person.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
no.. it was meant to be tongue in cheek.. and I thought I'd jab you for it first before every woman on the forum gives you a tongue lashing...
i did you a favor.. trust me
I just thought there was a vortex from the 40's happening.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
all you straight men workin your game if you were smart would have a gay friend or two... we're useful... so long as you're not a total d*ck and hate on us.. we'd be willing to help you with your game.. like I dunno when the word "broad" comes out of your mouth we could give you some pointers.. or when you put that t-shirt and jeans on for a date and think you look good we could give you a gasp or two to let you know it's not acceptable... Just sayin... think of the possibilities :P
Same with lesbians. We can give the straight guys a few insights into straight women.

Actually, that's a pretty useful thing to have in a society where straight men and women seem to have so many communication problems with each other.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
The OP only asked for 1, not 7 Billion!
They don't really contribute to the 38,000,000 + abortions worldwide from irresponsible or forced sex or ignorance each year?

They don't rape 1.4 women per minute in the US?

They don't sexually molest children(boys and girls)or commit incest at anywhere near the proportional rate that married, religious heterosexual men do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies