Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 04:51 AM

1 posts, read 774 times

Advertisements

I blame individuals. Society is made up of them. I'm a gen-X'er (I guess) whatever that really means. I believe individuals need to take responsibility for their own part in society. I also blame baby boomers-for more than the economic struggles & environmental meltdown (generations before baby boomer had a head start on environmental ruin). I believe they started out with the right idea when it came to human rights, but took it all too far.

Womens liberation, "shacking up," commonplace divorce, and the importance placed on career broke the family unit- and the family unit really is the foundation of all things. So you want equality for women, blacks, gays, and all people that's great. Did you take some of these issues too far? Absolutely. Are you still blaming YOUR parents while my generation points the finger at you? Yep.

I'd love to give you a detailed run down on exactly what issues I blame you for, but thanks to you, it would be considered "politically incorrect" and I'd likely be arrested for knowing the difference between right and wrong and stating so publicly. I blame you baby boomers, you can blame your parents, but I blame you; each one of you as individuals and all of you together. You suck!

When I was a child I dreamed of growing up to have some great education, some successful career, a family, a nice house and a nice car. Now I dream of affording education for my own children who will hopefully be able to afford leaving the nest and me having a homestead to live off the land since you and those generations before you took everything and now there isn't enough to go around. Oh yeah, and thanks so much for those spoiled, heartless, ignorant little kids you raised. Yes, they are a wonderful addition to this screwed up world. You did great.

Maybe now that you are all getting older you've realized everything can't be "free" because there isn't enough to go around and you're all too darn selfish. Maybe you'll drop the protest signs & dope to pick up a bible. I know you hated those. Your parents probably "made you go to church" and you may have even had to read that bible or say a prayer. God forbid. Thanks a lot spoiled generation for ruining my world & leaving another spoiled generation for me to pick up after and deal with. Oh but, I won't complain. No I'll do what my own generation does best. Suck it up, cowboy up, and clean it up. I'll continue to live under God's rule and not those laws put in place to "scare" people out of saying or doing something you disagree with. Funny, I'm not even a "bible thumper" but it's easy to see what we are all missing and who took it away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 05:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,162,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay2 View Post
I blame individuals. Society is made up of them. I'm a gen-X'er (I guess) whatever that really means. I believe individuals need to take responsibility for their own part in society. I also blame baby boomers-for more than the economic struggles & environmental meltdown (generations before baby boomer had a head start on environmental ruin). I believe they started out with the right idea when it came to human rights, but took it all too far.

Womens liberation, "shacking up," commonplace divorce, and the importance placed on career broke the family unit- and the family unit really is the foundation of all things. So you want equality for women, blacks, gays, and all people that's great. Did you take some of these issues too far? Absolutely."""

Yup, took these HUMAN rights right up to the level enjoyed by white males...that IS too far for SOME people...

""Are you still blaming YOUR parents while my generation points the finger at you? Yep. """

And that's the way it's always been for those who want to shove off responsibility to the last generation....the generation after YOURS will do the same thing...unless of course, YOUR generation has created a perfect world..

"""I'd love to give you a detailed run down on exactly what issues I blame you for, but thanks to you, it would be considered "politically incorrect" and I'd likely be arrested for knowing the difference between right and wrong and stating so publicly. I blame you baby boomers, you can blame your parents, but I blame you; each one of you as individuals and all of you together. You suck!

When I was a child I dreamed of growing up to have some great education, some successful career, a family, a nice house and a nice car. Now I dream of affording education for my own children who will hopefully be able to afford leaving the nest and me having a homestead to live off the land since you and those generations before you took everything and now there isn't enough to go around. Oh yeah, and thanks so much for those spoiled, heartless, ignorant little kids you raised. Yes, they are a wonderful addition to this screwed up world. You did great.

Maybe now that you are all getting older you've realized everything can't be "free" because there isn't enough to go around and you're all too darn selfish. Maybe you'll drop the protest signs & dope to pick up a bible. I know you hated those. Your parents probably "made you go to church" and you may have even had to read that bible or say a prayer. God forbid. Thanks a lot spoiled generation for ruining my world & leaving another spoiled generation for me to pick up after and deal with. Oh but, I won't complain.""""

Really?! What's this post?

"""No I'll do what my own generation does best. Suck it up, cowboy up, and clean it up. I'll continue to live under God's rule and not those laws put in place to "scare" people out of saying or doing something you disagree with. Funny, I'm not even a "bible thumper" but it's easy to see what we are all missing and who took it away.
"""" I believe individuals need to take responsibility for their own part in society."""

Oh really? Is that the reason for the long post blaming EVERYONE else for the problems of the world?

Old 05-06-2011, 06:04 AM

41,984 posts, read 75,252,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay2 View Post
Oh yeah, and thanks so much for those spoiled, heartless, ignorant little kids you raised. Yes, they are a wonderful addition to this screwed up world. You did great.
Here's lookin' at you, kid!

Old 06-06-2011, 04:25 PM

13 posts, read 21,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwalker View Post
Are the "Baby Boomers" with all of our entitled "Me First " attitudes to blame for the impending economic doom( sky high taxes to pay for our luxury among other things) predicted by certain factions? Will our noble efforts of civil rights, tolerance, advances in medicine and science ect. be overshadowed by our tendency to be self centered, greedy, and entitled? How will we be judged ? Will our grandchildren resent us ? I want to hear from Baby Boomers and all other generations. This is an issue that won't go away..............We all need to begin a serious dialogue now. Your help is vital. It could spare much pain in the long run.
Spiritwalker ( no trademark cool, wink or smile on this one)
This is the major challenge Spiritwalker. All over the world, the generation of Baby Boomers have aged, though in denial about it. Their impact on the economic Panic of 2007-08, the cause of the current world economic crisis, is the current problem worldwide and history will rightfully blame the boomer generation.

Just in the U.S., unemployment among Generation Xers (1961-75) is high because Boomers cut millions of jobs to make up for their huge losses when the market crashed.

The 16-24 age group has unemployment rates at 25% - an incredible but true number - as Boomers have taken the jobs of that age group too. So the next time people complain why young people can't make change without the cash register - blame a baby boomer.

I won't go into the astrological patterns I've seen ahead for the decade of the 2010s concerning this, but I will say that hard times are coming for the boomer generation and it will have been because of their extreme self-indulgence, neglect, corruption, greed and denial of the passage of time. That generation can blame no one else except themselves.

As for Solutions -

The fact that it was baby boomers who cut living facilities for the aged, and nursing homes; who ignored training and good salaries for Geriatric Physicians they now will need in a major way - I am not positive on what I see for boomers as elderly.

There are and will be millions of grumpy old men and women out there who've been in denial about aging all their lives. They have been abusing drugs all their lives and continue the habit. A majority of baby boomers are overweight with all the medical maladies which come with it, so it will not be a pretty sight at all going forward.

Generation X will soon be the new establishment. This generation has double the work of previous generations because they have to work for the future while at the same time cleaning up all the messes of the recent boomer past.

The first wave of Gen X are in their 40s, and the second wave in their mid-to-late 30s, so most of the solutions will come from this generation that were born in the 1960s and 1970s.

The problem is that the longer the boomers stick around doing their 'make work' in a fruitless effort to save money for the retirement they've been in denial about for 30+ years, the worst things are bound to get.

The party is over, but many boomers remain in denial. Society cannot function with workers over the age of 60. It is the young who produce and the middle age who lead and manage.

Boomers are past both life cycles as the elderly but they want to slow down society to the point where progress is not made so all the attention - and resources - are geared fully to them. That is why there is hardly any money out here and economies are in the dumps.

There is no easy way out except for the baby boomer generation to accept that they dropped the ball big-time and now have to begin to live with the consequences.

And, those consequences would have been easier if they retired earlier before the crash, rather than try to hang on to the very end, which they intend to do - with disastrous implications for everyone.

The solutions rest with Generation X. This is the new incoming establishment and they've been left a total mess on their hands that they had nothing to do with creating, but will have to solve.

The boomers have treated Gen X as if they were invisible all their lives, but it is this very generation that will keep the lights on and the economy running - so baby boomers had better start kissing ass because the **** they've dumped on Gen X (a generation they treated like dirt) requires major ass kissing.

None of the problems caused by the baby boomer generation will be solved by them. Not one. That much is clear from the astrological transits I've read.

The social anthropologist Margaret Meade once wrote that she thought the baby boomers were a 'terrible generation.' She said this in the 1970s before she passed away. Her view, from what she observed of the behavior patterns of the boomers from the 1960s into the 1970s showed her that the boomers would cause many more great problems than they solved. Meade was spot on.

The sooner Generation X hits the ground running - the better for everyone.

Last edited by Pro Astrologer; 06-06-2011 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-06-2011, 04:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
Blame the boomers ? The oldest of them are just turning 65 this year.

The likes of Pelosi (1940), McCain (1936) and the other "oldsters" in Congress that happen to make our laws and spend money like no tomorrow ARE NOT BOOMERS.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:36 PM

15,099 posts, read 8,647,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
Being near the intersection of "Gen X/Y" I do look down on the baby boomers a bit, and I hear the same opinions voiced by my peers. The way I see it, the boomers did make some major contributions to civil rights in their early years, but then sank into self-centered decadance later in life.

The Boomer's greatest accomplishments, IMO, were the peaceful resolution of the Cold War and the improvements in Civil Rights. They averted a catastrophic nuclear war, maintained relative peace in the world for their entire generation, and reversed generations of racism.

The Boomer's greatest shortfalls, IMO, are the doctrine of consumerism and the emphasis of individual freedom over social responsiblity. They severely damaged the environment, oversped the economy, and created the "me first!" culture. Now it's up to us to clean up their mess and turn these problems around.

Again, to their credit, the Boomer's were left with the ENORMOUS problem of racism, post-colonialism, and the totalitarian communism by the preceeding "greatest generation" and they did a lot to solve it.

The "greatest generation" was left with the ENORMOUS problem of Nazism and a fractured and unstable Europe by the generation who fought the WWI.

And the list goes on. It just goes to show you that each generation has successes as well as problems that they leave to their children to solve. The Boomers have left us a mess to clean up, and we probably won't be able to live the decadant lifestyle they did later in life (2 SUV's to every middle-class family, McMansions, etc...) but they did make positive contributions as well. They could've done better, but they also could've done a lot worse.
I'm not going to chastise you for the volume of inaccuracies here, because you're just relaying what you've been taught ... and I fault those who have purposely deceived you, along with most Americans, including those of the baby boomer generation themselves ... which I am a member. And because I was actually there (not just reading about it) I know first hand what has transpired ... so I can give you the straight scoop, but you're going to have to have an open mind, and be willing to consider what you think you know as being largely lies and revisionist history implanted in you by the same leftest-Marxists who began during the middle of the baby boomer cycle, and have slowly taken over American society and education, and are firmly in charge today.

The first glaring fallacy should already be clear to anyone with the capacity to think beyond the "programming" which is that no generation (in the case of the BBs .. that includes two generations) can be considered responsible for anything .. as this would suggest that an entire generation held the same views, same political ideology, same social preferences, etc. And that's preposterous. I tell you that as the hippies gathered at Woodstock with their flowered VWs, and braided jeans, similarly aged individuals were also wearing the gray suits and the skinny black ties carying guns and FBI badges. There were the college students protesting the war, just as similarly aged young people were drafted into, and fighting in Vietnam. No different than any other generation insofar as some myth of universal consensus of life and country. OK? It didn't exist then anymore than it did before or now.

The only thing one could universally apply to the baby boomer era would be that it was agruably the most prosperous and productive time in our nation's history, with that prosperity reaching more people than ever before. That you would view this as a demonstration of decadence rather than a desirable situation is reflective of the "programming" I just referred to, as well as your statements highlighted above ... "too much focus on freedom and not enough on social responsibility" is so very Marxist-Communist in nature .. it's shocking. References to environmental damage .. same deal. And the end of colonialism? Really? Brother ... I've got news for you ... we are marching across the middle east RIGHT NOW like Hitler marched across eastern Europe! The only difference is that none seem willing to challenge us (at least so far), as the US and England did Hitler. But we are in danger of that happening, if China/Russia chooses to ally against the Anglo-American financial oligarchy who are currently driving this bus at 110 MPH toward a cliff.

The facts are, most of the damage being blamed on the BBs has actually occurred during the Generation X / Y time frames, but the destruction we see today, and have seen take place over the past 25 years was planned and formulated during the BB era. But, this generation X/Y savior status? Please ... the majority of the X/Y crowd can't think of anything except CO2, Global Warming, Overpopulation, and the need to return to the freaking stone age ... guilted into believing that the desire to drive a nice car and live in a decent house is a direct assault on mother earth. All of it a fraud, and phony as the funny money in your pocket. As for this current generation today? .... if it isn't a case of bud light ... a skateboard ... a baseball cap you can wear backwards .. a device that receives text messages or a body wearing a pair of skimpy jeans with their thong showing ... it isn't worth a "tweet". Totally clueless, totally goal-less, and totally helpless.

Do you see anything close to the nationwide civil disobedience demonstrated back in the days of the Vietnam war era over Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and whatever else is on the Imperial agenda? Hell no ... not a peep. Totally asleep at the wheel.

We have undergone the most dramatic, in your face, purposeful dismantling of our country ever witnessed .... the majority of it has happened over the past 15 - 20 years, and it is in full swing as we speak .... total looting of the US Treasury by the banker gangsters and the white shoe boys on wall street .... and the systematic destruction of civil liberty and the US Constitution ...which couldn't be more clear than the overt and incomprehensible physical assault of TSA thugs in airports. And we were all warned about this ... and nobody listened.

Listen to this ...

YouTube - ‪President John F Kennedy Secret Society Speech version 2‬‏

The last valid and independent President of the United States, murdered because of the danger he posed in opposing the plans of criminal elitists that eliminated him, along with what could have been a much brighter today than what we currently see.

The current population has become so dumbed down, and brainwashed ... not even the blatant criminality we see operating in broad daylight seems to generate a whimper .... and when someone points it out ... the programming kicks in, and the response is "conspiracy theory".

Well that conspiracy is no theory ... not now ... and not then, when President Kennedy warned us about it and the danger it posed.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:43 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,029,199 times
Yes they are, they are the ones in charge...boomers are born 1946 to 65, not all but the majority of them are hippies that have never grown up "current democratic party/progressives".

Old 06-06-2011, 10:52 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,220,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Yes they are, they are the ones in charge...boomers are born 1946 to 65, not all but the majority of them are hippies that have never grown up "current democratic party/progressives".
Boomers are 1943-1960, you are citing peak birth number years, not peer personality years.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:54 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,029,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Boomers are 1943-1960, you are citing peak birth number years, not peer personality years.
The United States Census Bureau considers a baby boomer to be someone born during the demographic birth boom between 1946 and 1964. Baby boomer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-06-2011, 11:00 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,498,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwalker View Post
Are the "Baby Boomers" with all of our entitled "Me First " attitudes to blame for the impending economic doom( sky high taxes to pay for our luxury among other things) predicted by certain factions? Will our noble efforts of civil rights, tolerance, advances in medicine and science ect. be overshadowed by our tendency to be self centered, greedy, and entitled? How will we be judged ? Will our grandchildren resent us ? I want to hear from Baby Boomers and all other generations. This is an issue that won't go away..............We all need to begin a serious dialogue now. Your help is vital. It could spare much pain in the long run.
Spiritwalker ( no trademark cool, wink or smile on this one)
A very limited perspective.

Let's go further back and blame 'everyone'.

Here's a good one>>>
John D. Rockefeller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies