Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:25 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Bin Laden is either dead or retired. I think he did what he was told, like a good little boy, and that's why we just can't seem to find him. If the US really wants someone there isn't a hole deep enough to hide in. Keep in mind what the last no-fly zone turned into.
And WHY is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 01:36 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
It just shows everyone that both the Democrats & Republicans are beholden to the same people that pull the strings. The voters think they are voting for "change", but they aren't. They simply get the same thing, over and over, no matter which of the two parties they go with. Wake up and dare to live free - vote Libertarian.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:48 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
Bin Laden is either dead or retired. I think he did what he was told, like a good little boy, and that's why we just can't seem to find him. If the US really wants someone there isn't a hole deep enough to hide in. Keep in mind what the last no-fly zone turned into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And WHY is that?
You tell me why we can find anybody we wish and take them out with unmanned drones yet Bin Ladden is always a near miss, information was wrong, he was here a minute ago. We're talking about a guy who supposedly had/has kidney/liver disease and was on his death bed years ago. It's plain to see our government never really wanted to find him. Let's take into consideration that the Bin Laden's are very close to the Bush family as well. My thought is that he was just another pawn in a CIA game.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:52 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
We had a no fly zone over Iraq. If it had allowed for the destruction of attack helicopters, Saddam would have been gone as early as 1996.

I will not ever support boots on the ground in Libya or any country that doesn't pose a direct threat to the United States.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:56 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
It just shows everyone that both the Democrats & Republicans are beholden to the same people that pull the strings. The voters think they are voting for "change", but they aren't. They simply get the same thing, over and over, no matter which of the two parties they go with. Wake up and dare to live free - vote Libertarian.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I will not ever support boots on the ground in Libya or any country that doesn't pose a direct threat to the United States.

ANY COUNTRY?

Old 03-28-2011, 02:16 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
Quote:
While I think we should stay out of many places where we stick our nose including Libya I'd say there is a bit of a difference between air strikes and a full-scale invasion/occupation.
Not in my eyes. The problem I have with our government using force is that it's not about saving lives, the airstrikes were conducted for corporate interests. Notice how our government has very little to say about the events in Syria, Yemen and Bahrain.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Not in my eyes.
I bet given the choice between a seat in an F-15 and marching thru the desert you'd see a BIG difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
The problem I have with our government using force is that it's not about saving lives, the airstrikes were conducted for corporate interests. Notice how our government has very little to say about the events in Syria, Yemen and Bahrain.
We also have very little to say about oppressed populations in China, Saudi Arabia, Belarus, North Korea, fill in the Blank_O_Stan, etc. I don't think the problem is so much government using force for corporate interests as it is government being owned by corporate interests, force or not.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:23 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
But we're not "at war" with Libya. It was a 1-week campaign in support of NATO. What in God's name are you talking about?

This Larry Elder guy sounds like the ultimate delusional imbecile. He's conservative so it's common knowledge that his judgment and instincts are severely flawed.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:26 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
Quote:
I don't the problem is so much government using force for corporate interests as it is government being owned by corporate interests, force or not.
I think we agree!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies