Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:35 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I know most lefties believe that the Tea Party they see and hear about today started as a Fox news funded racist protest against the first "black" president but do you really know how the modern Tea Party started?

Did you know that the Tea Party started as a group of people who supported Ron Paul during the 2008 presidential election cycle? Did you know that the Tea Party got it's name from the Dec 16th 2007 Tea Party tax protest that was held in Boston MA to support Ron Paul's 2008 presidential run? Did you know that Tea Party supporters donated more money to Ron Paul's campaign in one day than any other political campaign in history? Do you know that before Palin, Fox or the Koch brothers were ever involved there were millions of people supporting the Ron Paul Tea Party as part of the Ron Paul revolution.

Have you ever seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZmIzEMUN8

What about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_OwTthS-E

Before you attack this thread and claim that Tea Party supporters are all racist try educating yourself and realize how it all started instead of what it has become today years later. The Tea Party you see today and attack today has very little to do with the Ron Paul Tea Party supporters who started the entire movement.
While the TEA party may have started under Bush, it exploded under President Obama.

Much like the Ku Klux Klan, when it started it wasn't an overly racist or terrible organization. It was started to protect southerners from carpet bagging and abuse by federal troops. However, shortly after it started, the idiots joined up and started killing African Americans because of the color of their skin.

See how a good movement can turn bad? Now no one knows the KKK as the form it started as, just like no one knows the TEA party for what it started as.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I still don't understand how a fundraiser for a presidential campaign = a protest.

If I go to an Obama fundraiser, does that mean I'm attending a protest?
We were in Boston to protest an out of control fed. government and high taxes, hence the reenactment of the Boston Tea Party. I donated money to Ron Paul to help his presidential campaign as my own personal form of protest, I know you understand this but won't admit it because it negates your entire argument which you started in the other thread. I have no issue whatsoever seeing protest and a fundraiser as the same thing because millions of us donated to Ron Paul as an act of protest against what we feel is an out of control federal government.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:38 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
While the TEA party may have started under Bush, it exploded under President Obama.
At least someone is willing to acknowledge how the Tea Party actually started, thanks.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:41 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:

Much like the Ku Klux Klan, when it started it wasn't an overly racist or terrible organization. It was started to protect southerners from carpet bagging and abuse by federal troops. However, shortly after it started, the idiots joined up and started killing African Americans because of the color of their skin.

See how a good movement can turn bad? Now no one knows the KKK as the form it started as, just like no one knows the TEA party for what it started as.
yes.. some things may start out nice then turn bad

and yes the TEA party might have 'exploded' under obama...but why

not because of race

but because TEA is TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY

we (the working people) pay much more than 50% of income just in taxes (federal, state, local, gas, luxury, sin, road, etc)

enough already

too much taxes, for very poor service....and globalists like bush AND obama are killing the WORKINGCLASS

Old 03-28-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
At least someone is willing to acknowledge how the Tea Party actually started, thanks.
Actually it started under a Democratic congress. And I don't know many people who approved of GWB after 7 years, do you?

Like I said, the TEA party exploded under the Obama administration. This was largely due to the fact that he was a Democrat, and while many could stomach spending under a "conservative Christian" Republican President, it was a totally different can of worms under a Democrat.

And there are some, not all, probably not a majority, that simply can't stomach a black President.

Can you admit that reality?

Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes.. some things may start out nice then turn bad

and yes the TEA party might have 'exploded' under obama...but why

not because of race

but because TEA is TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY

we (the working people) pay much more than 50% of income just in taxes (federal, state, local, gas, luxury, sin, road, etc)

enough already

too much taxes, for very poor service....and globalists like bush AND obama are killing the WORKINGCLASS
President Obama lowered taxes, how is that Taxed enough already?

Your argument would stand up to more scrutiny if it had started under the Republican congress and President. As I previously stated, most didn't like Bush after 7 years.

Again, can you admit that some TEA party members joined up and are vocal because they can't stand a black President?

Old 03-28-2011, 09:47 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
The TEA Party (as in the "Taxed Enough Already" grassroots movement) did not start in December 2007. That is merely revisionist history by Ron Paul fanatics. The very first TEA Party protest was on April 15, 1978. The second TEA Party protest was on April 15, 1993.

Just because children cannot remember anything beyond 20 years ago does mean it began within their living memory.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:47 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:

Wow.....didn't take long for the usual suspects to bring out their worn, old, over-used race card. Your post is worthless

Old 03-28-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Actually it started under a Democratic congress. And I don't know many people who approved of GWB after 7 years, do you?

Like I said, the TEA party exploded under the Obama administration. This was largely due to the fact that he was a Democrat, and while many could stomach spending under a "conservative Christian" Republican President, it was a totally different can of worms under a Democrat.

And there are some, not all, probably not a majority, that simply can't stomach a black President.

Can you admit that reality?
maybe a smiggen of a percent...there will always be idiots

personally I was hoping for a Condi rice -VS- Hillary Clinton election...that way it was a shu-win for a woman would get into office, and maybe a black woman would get into office

if the liberals could ever figure out cut taxes and cut SPENDING (we take in around 2.1 trillion..yet the budget was fro 3.7 trillion...that's a 1.6 trillion DEFICIT..you could cut defense 100% done to zero, and you would still have a trillion dollar defict.....cuts need to be made,,,especially in social spending ) they would get the teaparty on their side...most republicans like to spend like liberals

cut the darn spending

Old 03-28-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
President Obama lowered taxes, how is that Taxed enough already?

Your argument would stand up to more scrutiny if it had started under the Republican congress and President. As I previously stated, most didn't like Bush after 7 years.

Again, can you admit that some TEA party members joined up and are vocal because they can't stand a black President?
uhm

where did obama lower taxes???

he didnt..infact many taxes have gone up since ha has comeinto office
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies