Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:29 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,652,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
So you're saying ProudcapMarine did not use the word "stopping" in the context of this so called anti American march. Did I just make that word up or is it in black and white ?
I don't see anywhere I said he didn't use the word "stopping". Could you point it out to me?

Old 07-28-2007, 07:32 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,016,386 times
The majority of Americans finally can see the duplicity in getting us into this war. Generals from our military have and still are criticizing the administration for getting us into this mess, against the advice of the military.

You seem to be lumping all Proud Americans Against the War and these Brave and Patriotic generals into a camp with the most radical people you can find.

In doing so, you make the Gathering of Eagles appear like a Confusion of Turkey Buzzards. You should not show disrespect for the American People and these Great Generals by lumping them in with radicals.

These days, the radicals seem to be the Plucked Eagles. Is that your daughter or your wife who posts as citigirl - or maybe she's just on your payroll?

Old 07-28-2007, 08:28 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,674,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I don't see anywhere I said he didn't use the word "stopping". Could you point it out to me?
So according to you "stopping" people from expressing their opinions peacefully is not anti-democratic or anti American ( as I believe freedom of speech is a pretty important corner stone of your "freedom" ?) How different is stopping people from expressing their views any different than dictatorships and extremists group who also want to stop free speech ?
How does me thinking this make me a hypocrite ?

Old 07-28-2007, 09:09 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,533,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
These days, the radicals seem to be the Plucked Eagles. Is that your daughter or your wife who posts as citigirl - or maybe she's just on your payroll?
Hah! That's a good one. Meanwhile GoE is just another bunch of flag-crazed brown-shirted Swift Boaters and Rock Hudson/John Wayne wannabes egged on by the likes of Michelle Malkin and David Horowitz. These are some of the very people whose ideas and actions have brought nothing but shame and disgrace to this country for years now. There is nothing truly American about them, wingnuts being an unfortuantely global phenomenon...

Old 07-28-2007, 09:40 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,475,285 times
Rock Hudson? LOL

Old 07-28-2007, 10:18 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,652,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
So according to you "stopping" people from expressing their opinions peacefully is not anti-democratic or anti American ( as I believe freedom of speech is a pretty important corner stone of your "freedom" ?) How different is stopping people from expressing their views any different than dictatorships and extremists group who also want to stop free speech ?
How does me thinking this make me a hypocrite ?
So according to you, Anti-American means someone is against American? How does that "stop" America. The right to a fair and speedy trial is a big cornerstone to our judicial system. How different are extremists who push for a fair and speedy trial?

Old 07-28-2007, 12:23 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,533,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Rock Hudson? LOL
Well, you see he starred in the movie 'A Gathering of Eagles' from which the group (or maybe 'clan', if you will) took its name.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:31 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,149,602 times
I'd rather attend an anti-war rally then serve in an illegal, manufactured war for a country that doesn't make any sense anymore. America stands for certain concepts, but lately, when executed, the exact opposite is accomplished. Freedom now means the freedom to kill and invade, not the freedom FROM being killed and invaded. That's a confusing message to send out to the world.

Those who protest this government are wiser than those who absurdly scream about a lack of patriotism. Here's a fact: the world is vastly anti-American...and for many valid reasons. Repeat: for many valid reasons. That some Americans clearly see this reality and attempt to stop it is a real blessing and ultimately and profoundly patriotic. Thank you, Cindy Sheehan and all the other anti-war protesters--you are examples of strength in a world that has little clue what 'strength' is.

(It isn't nuclear bombs, it isn't arrogance and ignorance, it isn't lies and betrayals, it isn't depleted uranium, it isn't the rape of the natural world, it isn't murdering more of them than they do of us, it isn't saying "We're number one!", it isn't having the most guns or ships or bombs, it isn't having the biggest economy, it isn't living the longest, it isn't anything you've been led to believe.)

Old 07-28-2007, 05:37 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,016,386 times
Default What's With this 'Eagle' Thing, Anyway?

Why does the 'Eagle Forum' come to mind?

Oh, because they were recommending the John Birch Society.

Some thought the 'Eagle Forum' was a front group for the John Birch Society.

I wonder if the "Gathering" of Eagles shares membership with the Eagle
Forum?

Old 07-29-2007, 09:40 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,339,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
Allright, Jack - sorry for the error. Again, I respect you for your stance on nutjobs who burn the flag, mock hanging soldiers, etc. That sh*t is just beyond reprehensible, I agree. I just think you should open your mind a bit to the many things going on behind the scene... There's more to the picture than meets the eye... That's it. I'm off. Bed time. Thanks for the entertainment, though. And good luck..... and take it easy on Cindy... she is a delicate soul... ah ha. She's radical, I know. I don't know much about her beyond that... and she lost a son... and she is speaking her mind. Let her do it. It is what we are supposed to be all about, right?

What was your website again? I missed it.
No one is stopping Cindy Sheehan have speaking her mind. (She can kiss Hugo Chavez all she wants.) It's just now, other people are also speaking their minds.

Waving an American flag is something a person can be proud of, again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.