Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:23 PM

52,268 posts, read 34,027,946 times

Advertisements

look at all the posts justifying the deranged loon bill maher calling palin a tw*t [rhymes with spot].

one can barely imaging their rage if a conservative commentator called michelle obama or nancy pelosi that name..

it's very telling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 03:33 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,395,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Several weeks ago, MSNBC’s Chris Matthews attacked Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) with another derogatory slur in reference to a harmless geographical gaffe she made about American history. Only crickets from the radical feminists. (A few weeks later Matthews found himself geographically-challenged when he said the Panama Canal was in Egypt.)

The lack of maturity is clear to see.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:52 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,352,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Maher doesn't make jokes about Palin being a woman, he makes jokes about her being stupid. Same with Bachman, or "I'm not a witch" O'Donnell.

If these ladies would stop saying stupid things, they would not come to Maher's (or Stewart's or Letterman's or Leno's, etc) attention and there would be no jokes about them.

The stupid people (male and female) know who they are and if they don't want people making fun of them, they should stop making declarative statements.
These women have every right to say what they please, when they please, where they please.

Nothing any of these ladies have said in public JUSTIFIES the vile treatment by Maher, Letterman, Leno or the whole of the leftist media in this country.

Your statement is sexist.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:52 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,975,641 times
Frankly, as a woman, I do not like being represented by women like Palin, Bachman and O'Donnell..........in fact, I look at them as an embarrassment to womankind. I would like to see any one of them try to hold their own in a debate against Hillary Clinton.......she would crush them like bugs.

And why should NOW come to the defense of women who are actively trying to set women's rights back 38 years by overturning Roe v Wade? Really?

They may get attacked frequently, but good grief, they make themselves such easy targets, IMO.

If men said the things these women do, they would be attacked too.

And, conservatives who worship the likes of Limbaugh and Beck, have no room to talk.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:04 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,297,427 times
people still watch these a$$hats? Some of you all really need to get out and exercise or something. You're rotting your brains with trash like this..

Old 03-28-2011, 04:11 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,577,071 times
Bascailly Clinton ;Bush and now Obama have been the butt of alot of jokes. Hillary no different. But those three really have no talent that I see other than their crudeness.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,395,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Frankly, as a woman, I do not like being represented by women like Palin, Bachman and O'Donnell..........in fact, I look at them as an embarrassment to womankind. I would like to see any one of them try to hold their own in a debate against Hillary Clinton.......she would crush them like bugs.

And why should NOW come to the defense of women who are actively trying to set women's rights back 38 years by overturning Roe v Wade? Really?

They may get attacked frequently, but good grief, they make themselves such easy targets, IMO.

If men said the things these women do, they would be attacked too.

And, conservatives who worship the likes of Limbaugh and Beck, have no room to talk.

They do not represent you. They have Conservative values, and you have Progressive values.

The Progressives make easier targets. They do get their fair share of abuse, but the level is not near the immaturity of the Progressives in the attack mode. The adolescent mindset of the revolting left, is enlightening in the tantrums they throw.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:19 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,588,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Agreed.

This is sweet....
– On the November 10 edition of Fox and Friends, for instance, radio host Laura Ingraham said that “Pelosi basically did everything except sell her own body” to pass health care reform.
– On Nov. 4 on the O’Reilly Factor, Dennis Miller said Pelosi had a “sub-reptilian intellect” and likened her face to a “lizard laying on a hot rock.”
– On October 30, Fox and Friends laughingly re-enacted protesters calling for Pelosi to “burn in hell.”
– On October 21, Bill O’Reilly mocked Pelosi, saying, “If there wan’t Botox involved, with all due respect, there might have been more expression” on her face.
– On August 6, Glenn Beck joked about putting poison in Pelosi’s wine.
– On May 20, Hannity guest Jay Thomas said, “I think if you waterboarded Nancy Pelosi, she wouldn’t admit to plastic surgery.”
– On May 19, Dennis Miller called her a “train wreck” and a “shrieking harridan magpie.”
On Fox, a progressive woman like Pelosi doesn’t just get “scrutiny,” she gets insults.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:20 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,975,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They do not represent you. They have Conservative values, and you have Progressive values.

The Progressives make easier targets. They do get their fair share of abuse, but the level is not near the immaturity of the Progressives in the attack mode. The adolescent mindset of the revolting left, is enlightening in the tantrums they throw.
Regardless of their political affiliations, they do represent women as a whole, I am sure you know what I mean.

Immaturity, adolescent mindset, tantrums.........have you ever listened to Limbaugh or Beck........they have those attributes down pat, they have turned them into an art form for crying out loud.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:30 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,398,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Um, it seems more like an attack on stupid women who just happen to be loudmouthed, right-wing ideologues.

I don't see people going after Kay Bailey Hutchinson or Christine Todd Whitman or Murkowski...but they are smart, capable women who happen to be conservatives.

Way to play the sexism card, guys. LOL
But you see they are not just attacking her politics and that is where the problem is! This affects ALL women! Do you women really want to go to a slap on the ass in the office. Or the "you know what your knees are for" attitude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies