Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:44 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Here's the problem YOU can't make a man wear a condom. YOU can't make a woman use brith control pill. But YOU want to limit a woman's freedom to have an abortion. Then YOU don't want to pay the associated cost to feed, clothe, house or even educate that child.

The least YOU can do give a woman the option to have an abortion if she doesn't want to have a child.

And by YOU I mean people that are anti-abortion and want to cut social spending. If that doesn't mean you specfiically don't sweat it.
I don't want the government forcing people to use bc. But I also don't want to fully support a single mom because of the poor choices her and her lover made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 04:47 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
The GOP is NOT against abortion. They are against using FEDERAL FUNDS to pay for them. Pro-lifers should not have to subsidize an activity that is against their core beliefs. If you need an abortion, pay for it yourself or go after the guy who knocked you up.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:51 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,261,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I don't want the government forcing people to use bc. But I also don't want to fully support a single mom because of the poor choices her and her lover made.
Ok then, if she single mom can't afford housing or food, or refuses to work, then let the kid starve?

Old 03-30-2011, 04:53 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Ok then, if she single mom can't afford housing or food, or refuses to work, then let the kid starve?
Ever hear of child support or adoption?

Old 03-30-2011, 04:59 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,261,634 times
Quote:
Ever hear of child support or adoption?
You can't make a man get a job and fanatically support his child. You can garnish his wages, but if he makes minimum wage it won't be enough to support the child. Or he can just flat out refuse to work and there is nothing you can do about it.

Putting the child in a foster home IS supporting the kid with tax dollars.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm;18515221[B
]The GOP is NOT against abortion.[/b] They are against using FEDERAL FUNDS to pay for them. Pro-lifers should not have to subsidize an activity that is against their core beliefs. If you need an abortion, pay for it yourself or go after the guy who knocked you up.
The GOP certainly IS against abortion. Republican politicians are always introducing new legislation to put more and more restrictions on abortion.

There are several states that are trying to pass such legislation right now, including my state, Ohio.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:12 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznblues View Post
I'm sorry Majin, but for some people abortion is simply a crime against humanity. It should be a crime to terminate an unborn fetus, regardless of stage of development. For me - only when the fetus is the result of another crime (rape, incest) should abortion be legal.

Contrast to a typical left-leaning person who screams over a few hundred soldiers who die in a conflict defending the country. But they don't care in the least that 1.2 million fetuses are terminated in the US every year. I don't want any soldiers to die - but dismissing the lives lost through abortion because it is convenient or cost effective is ridiculous.

Who values life more?

Strengthening young families should be a priority. The poor lifetime results of children of single parent households is caused by the social structure and deserves attention from society.
Didn't take long for the thread to ignore the OP and get into the old tired debate on abortion.

"""""It should be a crime to terminate an unborn fetus, regardless of stage of development For me - only when the fetus is the result of another crime (rape, incest) should abortion be legal. ""

W H Y ?

What is the differnce...either you think abortion is terminating a fetus(bad) or it isn't ...can't have it both ways...they're ALL a fetus.

""""Strengthening young families should be a priority. The poor lifetime results of children of single parent households is caused by the social structure and deserves attention from socie..."""

Like some others you DREAM of what SHOULD BE...and have NO idea of what IS.....

Humans have been around for a long long time...they have always been promiscous and they have always made unwise decisions and if you think you can change human nature...give it a try.....

OR speak to whoever or whatever created humans and asked them why they effed up so badly.....

Old 03-30-2011, 05:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
You don't support them, you support the child...take away the parent's support and the child starves...exactly what Repugs want

Old 03-30-2011, 05:24 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
You're dodging the question. What do we do with teens/young women who are irresponsible, lazy, or don't care? What if their parents are dirt poor also and can't help them out?

Would you rather the young woman spend a week's paycheck to get a abortion, or live on the dole for 18 years? Or let the kid starve?

Killing babies ain't the answer.......

Old 03-30-2011, 05:27 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It is not unprecedented for the government to consider a woman's body as belonging to the state.

Wow, are all those aborted babies female?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies