Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,185,768 times

Advertisements

That speech the other night was supposed to change many minds but it seems that little change took place among those who are likely voters. I wonder why he thought it would.

Voter Views on Libya Show Little Change - Rasmussen Reports™
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 04:17 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,418,283 times
That speech the other night wasn't supposed to change any minds, it was supposed to update the American public on the conditions of our troop deployment, reiterate the reason we took part in the coalition action, and how we would be moving forward.

It wasn't a campaign speech.

I wonder why you think he thought it was.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:19 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,807,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That speech the other night was supposed to change many minds but it seems that little change took place among those who are likely voters. I wonder why he thought it would.

Voter Views on Libya Show Little Change - Rasmussen Reports™

Who knew that Obama had such favorability among likely Repub voters? I would have thought a good bit less. I guess they are tiring of the TParty also.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:22 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,124,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
That speech the other night wasn't supposed to change any minds, it was supposed to update the American public on the conditions of our troop deployment, reiterate the reason we took part in the coalition action, and how we would be moving forward.

It didnt do that either. So I guess its goal failed. He gave a speech, a week late and still left holes left open. He also was untruthful as many have pointed out already.

So you can roll your eyes all you want but you look more and more pathetic each passing day, as you do your worst to try and defend this man. Face it, hes hasnt even come close to living up to the Messiah standards that you, the media, and hollywood set for him. Some have come around and basically admitted it. You are sure one stubborn liberal.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Who knew that Obama had such favorability among likely Repub voters? I would have thought a good bit less. I guess they are tiring of the TParty also.

The only ones who would give him a good favorable ratings are

1. The clueless who spend more time in celeb gossip and reality tv

2. The Left who no matter how much Obama continues to destroy your Anointed One type expectations, youll defend him till your last breath.

Both groups are absolutely pathetic.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:26 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,523,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
The only ones who would give him a good favorable ratings are

1. The clueless who spend more time in celeb gossip and reality tv

2. The Left who no matter how much Obama continues to destroy your Anointed One type expectations, youll defend him till your last breath.

Both groups are absolutely pathetic.
Not nearly as pathetic as the "Hate Obama at all costs" group.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

Read the link and then lets talk about the whole thing.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You seem to have read the link but failed to see that there was no report about the party of the people who were polled.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
There are some here who hate TheWon at all costs????

I wonder why that would be.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Oh please, spare me. The summer of 2008 was the final nail in the coffin for journalism. Never before did we see anything like the so called "reporting". The Media, Hollywood, and so many others propped this guy up like he was the Second Coming.

Think about it. If you think back or look back at all the coverage of Obama. His speeches, how the media and Hollywood reacted and treated him. It's completely amazing, yet disturbing how that even happened in this country. An unproven, inexperienced man with a shady and strange past, was exalted on high. People fainting, screaming in ecstasy, tv/media people getting thrills up their legs.

And then there's the other side of it. If you didnt vote for this man, you were told you were racist. It was "vote for history and the messiah or you're nothing but a racist jerk".

The fawning and drooling continued after he took office, immediately going back on promises with out a peep from the media except excuses. Then the man get's a Noble Prize for doing absolutely nothing....oh he gave a speech. I mean how crazy and insane (not in good ways) has the past couple years been. Now I realize our society is going down the tubes but I never expected something like what we've witnessed since 2008...never.

So in short, all this you call "Hate Obama" still doesnt compare to all the "Love the Anointed One" crap from 2008 - 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies