Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I refuse to believe that you are this naive.
That the President lies?

OR that the Obama administration has no problem breaking the UN resolution if it feels like it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Bull Sh*t!

You would want China or Russia to come to our aide?

Dude, or dudette, we can take care of business here, all on our own!
Skrew that.
no, not any more we can't...we're not a world leader any longer, we are weak and very misinformed, actually very naieve and stupid...

We don't have the resources to enter into a major war...we can't take care of ourselves and we are broke...and yes,
I would hope that if we had a huge earthquake or volcano, and it's only a matter of time until we do, that other countries would come to our aid
including Russia or China....but they won't....b/c we've bullied and bullied and used up all our chips...

Old 03-31-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I repeat, if innocent people are being murdered brutally and senslessly, then I believe we should help them...in any way we can....we are all human beings, we all bleed the same...and yes I do wonder about the Ivory Coast killings and why we have not yet gotten involved? For a long long time now...
So you would have supported invading Iraq for humanitarian reasons,would attack China as well?:

Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You think this is all about a humanitarian effort?
Naive? Your going to call them naive? Seriously?

What about all the nations where the dictators have killed their people yesterday and will again today?

Why are we not over there kicking ass and taking names?
Could the fact that they aren't awash in oil so the European countries don't care about them?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
I can guarantee you, we've had SF in there for over 6 months, along with CIA, funding these groups to rise up against Ghadaffi.

Why?

to get Ghadaffi out of there? Why after all these years, is he to much of a threat? What does our government's movtives for being there?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
So you would have supported invading Iraq for humanitarian reasons,would attack China as well?:
If genocide is going on, yes, I would hope we would get involved...however, it's not that kind of world any longer....is it?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:49 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
If genocide is going on, yes, I would hope we would get involved...however, it's not that kind of world any longer....is it?
Unfortunately we can't, because our Constitution forbids it.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Hmmm,sorry I do not and cannot support our nation going to war with other nations that are of no threat to the USA.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
no, not any more we can't...we're not a world leader any longer, we are weak and very misinformed, actually very naieve and stupid...

We don't have the resources to enter into a major war...we can't take care of ourselves and we are broke...and yes,
I would hope that if we had a huge earthquake or volcano, and it's only a matter of time until we do, that other countries would come to our aid
including Russia or China....but they won't....b/c we've bullied and bullied and used up all our chips...

What the hell??
Wake the F up, dude(or dudette)
You must not be from the USA!!!!

We don't need anyone to come to our aide. PERIOD

What makes you think we can't take care of our own when they get out of line. I am my own army, with millions just like me.

You seem to think FEMA is the save all of natural disasters.
We handled things much better, more efficient and faster, before FEMA.

Guess you don't know the history of the USA, before FEMA!!! It shows tremendously.

Educate yourself with just one or two of the major disasters and the efforts to help and rebuild, before FEMA.

Lets see...

SF earthquake and the Galveston Hurricane, at the turn of the last century. Let me know what you find out???

Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,623,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I think it would be better to not be involved in a civil war...and not to aid one side.

Isn't this the President acting unilaterally???
Unilaterally? No, unilaterally is what we did going into Iraq, forcing our way in there not giving a care to what the international community thought. This is a lot different- the Arab League pleaded with the UN Security Council to do something- they voted to do this- so the US along with NATO allies and even a couple middle eastern countries are doing these air strikes. That is pretty much the OPPOSITE of unilateral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies