Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 02:59 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wanted to add, that an EBT where I live is for food stamps and you cannot get cash back on it. You can't even buy anything with it that is not a food item.

Now I have met people trying to get me to give them $40 cash and offer to buy me $80 worth of groceries on their card, but that is fraud so I always decline.

Also wanted to add that birth control does not cost $4 a month or even $10 a month . When I was a young college student over 10 years ago I went to (uh oh....) Planned Parenthood and got on BC. It was $25 a month. If I were to get it currently with my insurance it would be $20 per month so now that I have more money and am better off, it would actually be less than it was when I was a poor, starving college student.

It is also interesting to hear so many tell others to be responsible and get on BC. I know a lot of very anti-abortion people who believe that life begins at conception and they know (I guess others don't) that one of the primary ways that birth control works is to keep a fertilized egg from implanting in the womb (this is the case for all hormonal BC and especially IUDs like Mirena and Paraguard) because of their beliefs they are against all forms of BC because all BC except barrier methods is a form of abortificient so if you are against abortion, then you should also be against all hormonal forms and IUD birth control options.
They do have it at Walmart on the cheapie menu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 03:00 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Liberal libbers motto: "Practice sexual irresponsibility today so we can murder a baby in utero tomorrow; then, do it all over again as often as convenient."

!

And just how does that impact you personally? Does it raise your tax burden? Does it increase the amount of people who need your tax dollars to survive?

No, it doesn't. It reduces the number of people that need your tax money to survive, you should be happy about that.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:05 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So what will happen to millions of elderly in Nursing Homes who have "spent down " to zero and are on Medicaid. I hope the Tea Party will take them in when the Nursing Homes kick them ouit
I paid for my grandmother's assisted living when her money ran out so that she did not have to go into a Medicaid funded nursing home.

Is there a reason you and your family cannot or will not take responsibility for the care of the elders in your own family instead of forcing them onto the taxpayer?

Old 04-01-2011, 03:08 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Another reality check for a conservative.

Tax payer money IS NOT used by Planned Parenthood to preform abortions.

Tax funds and the PRIVATE funds that go towards abortions are kept strictly seperate. This is overseen by government audits.

But since when are conservatives interested in the FACTS?
Can you please point in the direction of evidence of a federal audit of PP? I can't find evidence of one ANYWHERE.

As for keeping things separate - bull!

Old 04-01-2011, 03:09 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
And just how does that impact you personally? Does it raise your tax burden? Does it increase the amount of people who need your tax dollars to survive?

No, it doesn't. It reduces the number of people that need your tax money to survive, you should be happy about that.
Just curious - how do you feel about capital punishment?

Old 04-01-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
If we eliminated the possibility of abortion, don't you think that would deter some of these people from having sex willy nilly?

Talk about being out of touch with reality. Remove the escape hatch and suddenly, the reality of the situation becomes so much more apparent.
Really? Here is the reality of the situation. People are not going to stop having sex, even if abortion is banned. Some will abort illegally, some will go on welfare. They also know this: if they have a child, this country will provide......THAT is not going to change. This is not a third world country that will force children to beg in the streets for food, as much as some conservatives would like to see that happen, ya know, to teach the parents a lesson.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Just curious - how do you feel about capital punishment?
I am for capital punishment.

Last edited by Annie53; 04-01-2011 at 03:53 PM..

Old 04-01-2011, 03:17 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:

Do you not think the cost of human life and the human potential destroyed affects us all if an Einstein, Saulk or other gifted genius is aborted? When innocent human life is not protected it degrades the value of all other human life as well. Just look around and the evidence is quite clear.

In this day and age when there is no stigma attached to minor girls easily obtaining contraception control, much less adult women, there is no excuse for females not practicing reproductive responsibilty outside of rape or incest, absolutely none.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 04-01-2011 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-01-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Can you please point in the direction of evidence of a federal audit of PP? I can't find evidence of one ANYWHERE.

As for keeping things separate - bull!

Standard business practices for accounting and reporting.

For an example look at:
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d10533r.pdf

Quote:
Page 25

"Table 16: The Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Affiliates’ Reported Expenditures of Federal Funds by Top 10 HHS Programs and Awarding Agency or Office, Fiscal Years 2002-2009
They required to report their expenses to the government."

And not only that, the federal government is required to audit.

Quote:
"Organizations based in the United States with expenditures of federal funds of $500,000 or more annually are required to have either a single audit or program-specific audit in accordance with the Single Audit Act, as amended, 31 U.S.C. §§ 7501-7507."

So, for all of these years, the government has been giving PP money for things like Family Planning (title X). For all these years of oversight, sub committees, many of which are seated by pro-lifers, never once have challeneged where the money has been going, since accounting standards are quite clear and satisfactory.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:55 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
REALITY check for liberals. If you NEED tax payer assistance to survive, then you aren't worth the oxygen you're breathing. What would you do if there was no more taxpayer assistance? Die? Well, maybe we should just cut out the middle step, save me some tax dollars, and call it good.
Including the disabled with no one else to support them? The mentally challenged? Orphaned children? The unemployed looking for jobs when there aren't any jobs to be had? I'm not a big supporter of social programs, but your attitude disturbs me. Paper and ink is not more valuable than human life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies