Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:24 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,809,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How did we stir it up? Gadaffi was killing people left and right, so it is somewhat unfair to blame US for the deaths.
The USA had CIA operatives on the ground two or three weeks ago....ever wonder where the rebels were getting their old US military uniforms from???I did and now it seems it was from the CIA.
The idea the rebels are poorly armed is untrue,they are quite well armed in the pics I have seen.Poorly trained perhaps,not very good fighters for sure.

Quote:
Who's side are you on, USA, or NATO/UN. Seems you have picked UN.
The USA.
The USA that stays out of other nations internal affairs.
The USA that doesn't nation build.
The USA that is friendly with all nations but allied with none.

That USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 07:34 AM

76,989 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The USA had CIA operatives on the ground two or three weeks ago....ever wonder where the rebels were getting their old US military uniforms from???I did and now it seems it was from the CIA.
Of course CIA is there. They are everywhere. The uniforms are Libyan army uniforms, as many of the rebels walked out of the army and joined the rebels.

Quote:
The idea the rebels are poorly armed is untrue,they are quite well armed in the pics I have seen.Poorly trained perhaps,not very good fighters for sure.
They even had some fighter planes (maybe you saw the one get shot down on TV), but the only people having adequate arms are the Libyan ex-army guys, while the civilian volunteers don't have much.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:35 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,408,623 times
Quote:
Of course CIA is there. They are everywhere. The uniforms are Libyan army uniforms, as many of the rebels walked out of the army and joined the rebels.

They even had some fighter planes (maybe you saw the one get shot down on TV), but the only people having adequate arms are the Libyan ex-army guys, while the civilian volunteers don't have much.
Funny, they are called civilian volunteers in Libya, but insurgents in Iraq and Afg.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
No they aren't.They are the old style 'chocolate chip' US Army desert pattern.

Quote:
They are armed with the same weaponry as the Libyan military in most cases....tanks,armored vehicles,heavy machine guns,mortars,artillery pieces.

So the idea that this is some poorly armed group of civilians isn't true really.

One thing that everyone should remember is,in such wars as this where one side is not in a uniform,their deaths in combat can be spun to be civilian killed in the fighting.

No need to mention the civilians in question were ARMED....

Old 03-31-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Funny, they are called civilian volunteers in Libya, but insurgents in Iraq and Afg.
Well...that is true.

Some of the same fighters the USA was fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq are heading back to Libya...where there is the chance we will provide them arms....

Old 03-31-2011, 07:44 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,308,142 times
Quote:
And sadly,the Obamapologists would be fine with it,because those contractors aren't really US troops.

Here is another way to avoid putting boots on the ground in Libya,issue the troops sandals....
I could care less if the rebels, Libyan people of means, or if Europe wants to pay for contractors. However, if the United States is paying for them (which we are), then its no better then putting our armed forces on the ground.

I said the same thing in Iraq, we used defense contractors as military personnel in Iraq, and I said then that Bush was using a mercenary army in the country. I disagree tremendously with putting boots on the ground of any kind.

If we want to take out Gaddafi, lets just assassinate him and get it over with. It would cost tremendously less money, and it appears that most of the rest of the world wants him dead, so lets just kill the one idiot, and get it over with.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,507,480 times
Excuse me folks BUT since the article I posted does not appear to have been read and maybe you'all have not seen even MSM reports BUT some of the so called "freedom fighters" are confirmed Al Queda who have been CONFIRMED as fighting against the US and killing Marines in Iraq/Afganistan. In my books that fact alone is grounds for us to halt ALL involvement in Libya and as we leave we should bomb those in Eastern Libya who have been killing Americans in Iraq/Afganistan.! Blackwater now known as Z Force due to all the publicity about their murder, rape and theft in Iraq are nothing but Merc's! The CIA Oops nothing needs saying about these killers.........

Old 03-31-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I could care less if the rebels, Libyan people of means, or if Europe wants to pay for contractors. However, if the United States is paying for them (which we are), then its no better then putting our armed forces on the ground.
Quite true.

Quote:
I said the same thing in Iraq, we used defense contractors as military personnel in Iraq, and I said then that Bush was using a mercenary army in the country. I disagree tremendously with putting boots on the ground of any kind.
You are rare then,quite a few on the left seem to relish this war....

Quote:
If we want to take out Gaddafi, lets just assassinate him and get it over with. It would cost tremendously less money, and it appears that most of the rest of the world wants him dead, so lets just kill the one idiot, and get it over with.
It is illegal to assassinate leaders of other nations,executive order.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:51 AM

76,989 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
No they aren't.They are the old style 'chocolate chip' US Army desert pattern.
Yes, they are Libyan army uniforms. You think US army air-dropped them uniforms???

Quote:
They are armed with the same weaponry as the Libyan military in most cases....
That's because many of them are from Libyan army and joined the rebs. You know, the ones wearing the Libyan army uniform, but fight with the rebels.

Quote:
So the idea that this is some poorly armed group of civilians isn't true really.
Well, it is rather poorly armed actually. They don't have enough firepower to fight the Gadaffi's forces.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Yes, they are Libyan army uniforms. You think US army air-dropped them uniforms???
No,I think the CIA provided them.

Quote:
That's because many of them are from Libyan army and joined the rebs. You know, the ones wearing the Libyan army uniform, but fight with the rebels.
The rebels also overran most of the country at one point,and then looted the abandoned military bases.

Quote:
Well, it is rather poorly armed actually. They don't have enough firepower to fight the Gadaffi's forces.
No,they are poorly led and poorly trained,but then so are the Libyans loyalists to some extent.
News reports are the Libyan loyalists are now using civilian vehicles to fight the rebels,due to losses from the airstrikes.This is very similar to the vehicles used by the rebels...and yet the rebels keep losing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies