Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 05:25 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Because according to social conservatives men worshiping men only cares about life in the womb, after that you're on your own, he doesn't give a **** apparently.
I altered your post to point out that none of these actions humans print themselves license to inflict should be construed as "God approved". This includes sophia's post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 05:32 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,653,302 times
Quote:
Because according to social conservatives god only cares about life in the womb, after that you're on your own, he doesn't give a **** apparently.
LOL how true. Interesting God they got there.

I mean you would think someone who created the entire earth and its inhabitants in days would be able to figure out a way to care for his "children".

Old 04-01-2011, 05:34 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
It's amazing what sort of lengths some people will go to just to avoid answering a simple question. It must really be uncomfortable for them to have to think hard about things they prefer to ignore.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:50 AM

4,560 posts, read 4,097,614 times
Quote:
Because according to social conservatives god only cares about life in the womb, after that you're on your own, he doesn't give a **** apparently.
Thats because banning abortion and gay marraige don't cost social conservatives any money.

However feeding starving children. Providing medical care to children in need. Allowing benefits to the partners of gays, those can all cost money.

I find social conservatives to be like those that Jesus condemned in the bible. The ones who went into the front of the synogogue and prayed loudly. The ones that made an effort to look like they were fasting.

If you believe in God, then God will judge you for your actions and motives when you die.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:55 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Social conservatives are not conservatives.

And God really does have better things to do, one would hope.

Ignorant, simple-minded single issue voters present more of a long term danger to this country than any muslim with a dynamite belt.

Last edited by Strel; 04-01-2011 at 08:08 AM..

Old 04-01-2011, 11:38 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
LOL how true. Interesting God they got there.

I mean you would think someone who created the entire earth and its inhabitants in days would be able to figure out a way to care for his "children".
God does care... God is all knowing... it is the human element that ignores, sins and worships none important things which breeds greed and corruption of the soul. Read all of Matthew Chapter 13 verse 1-58 mankind today is at that time of reaping are you ready?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Thats because banning abortion and gay marraige don't cost social conservatives any money.

However feeding starving children. Providing medical care to children in need. Allowing benefits to the partners of gays, those can all cost money.

I find social conservatives to be like those that Jesus condemned in the bible. The ones who went into the front of the synogogue and prayed loudly. The ones that made an effort to look like they were fasting.

If you believe in God, then God will judge you for your actions and motives when you die.
Well honestly most of the social "conservatives" I've met weren't paying much in taxes anyway and had families that were definitely taking more in government aid than they were paying in. Most of the people I meet that complain about taxes probably aren't paying much anyway.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:41 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I thought Sally Struthers had the whole children starvation thing under control.

I think she reduced the number of starving children by eating them.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:49 PM

950 posts, read 1,514,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I assume you mean 16K kids worldwide, right?

5.8 million kids dying of hunger-related causes in the US every year would be considered a crises. I don't believe that's happening.

America has one of the highest percentage of obese people in the world. So yeah no way is there anywhere close to 5.8 million kids in America who are are dying because they have no access to food. If anything we have the opposite problem, American kids have access to way too much food.

American kids are constantly surrounded by soft drinks, hamburgers, fries, cheetos, snickers bars, pizza, milkshakers, hotdogs, cookies, etc. We are definitely not a country of starvers. We ain't Somalia homey. Even your average homeless person the streets of America eats more than your average Somalian.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:40 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMiller View Post
Every day, almost 16,000 children die from hunger-related causes. God would certainly see this as a problem much more than Gay Marriage amendments being passed, would he not?
Why bring God into it? Social conservatives are not necessarily religious.

But I agree - it's a disgrace. I hope this country starts prosecuting the PARENTS that are allowing their children to die from hunger-related causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies