Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 04:55 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,222 times

Advertisements

UN accused of ignoring 500,000 Chernobyl deaths | Environment | The Guardian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 05:12 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

and how many reactors does Japan have that are failing...? I also heard that Japan was sinking, don't know that it's true, however, the earthquake was so huge, it opened up a deep chasim...and sea water is leaching up throughout the land?

Maybe all these incidents are why Obama is pushing for clean air acts...clean fuel efficent cars, wind mills, and all other forms of energy...
however, sure would kill the utility giants and the auto giants, wouldn't it?

We've had the technology for years....there are reasons why they have not been put into place...

there are reasons why people do things, and there is never just one reason...

I've been asking these questions ever since I was a child...and have seen things that were obviously questionable...but, as in this forum, everyone laughs...

for instance, I loved to fish and got to talk to many old timers...at this one particular river a fisherman told me that shark come into the river...this was 35 years ago...when I told people, they laughed at me and told me, he was pulling my leg...then I read "Close to Shore" and it opened up more questions...now, they have proved that Bull sharks do come into our rivers....and can adapt to fresh water...

There are many questions unanswered, however, we'll never know the answers until many years later...

Thank you for this article on Chernobyl...I remember reading tons of information on it years ago...and yes indeed, it was much worse then anyone wants to believe..I'm not saying it's going to happen here...no one knows...b/c 'they see fit not to inform us' however, I have a whole lot of questions...and it doesn't hurt to ask, does it? Guess I'm simply curious?

Old 04-02-2011, 05:44 AM

The Japanese Gov't has lied, The U.S. is a liar, The UN is a joke and we get a bunch more truth from British papers than the rags we have here. I don't know what the actual true extent of this disaster is BUT with the boatload of lies that are confirmed and what is in plain sight its clear this situation is alot more serious than we are being led to believe. Bad part is there isn't much we can do but watch, pray and keep our chins up panic is a waste of time and won't change a thing. Personally as Johnny Cash sang its "Goin by the Book".Like Chernobyl most effects from this are 15-30 yrs down the road. Japan is wrecked pure and simple which is sad, Hawaii is next then us. And there are credible people saying another major quake and volcano are due very soon in Japan which would set off more nuke plants. Bottom line ya best be right with God cause time is a runnin out!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
The Japanese Gov't has lied, The U.S. is a liar, The UN is a joke and we get a bunch more truth from British papers than the rags we have here. I don't know what the actual true extent of this disaster is BUT with the boatload of lies that are confirmed and what is in plain sight its clear this situation is alot more serious than we are being led to believe. Bad part is there isn't much we can do but watch, pray and keep our chins up panic is a waste of time and won't change a thing. Personally as Johnny Cash sang its "Goin by the Book".Like Chernobyl most effects from this are 15-30 yrs down the road. Japan is wrecked pure and simple which is sad, Hawaii is next then us. And there are credible people saying another major quake and volcano are due very soon in Japan which would set off more nuke plants. Bottom line ya best be right with God cause time is a runnin out!
I hear ya...thanks Watchman, totally agree!

Old 04-02-2011, 07:24 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well then, I stand corrected, you are right, about the dates...
and you had me until this....

"Actually, I think it's a waste of time. You people are so ignorant you don't even know what you're afraid of."

How extremely hateful and rude...
your name, Mercia, reminds me of one word...mercy...
How extremely arrogant and presumptuous, especially when you don't understand why a coffee table made of wood is more dangerous to you than a coffee table made of Depleted Uranium (DU).

When you figure out why, you might have actually learned something.

And perhaps you need glasses, since my name is Mircea, not "Mercia" and it loosely translates as "dark horse" similar to Gaelic "Douglas."

Old 04-02-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
How extremely arrogant and presumptuous, especially when you don't understand why a coffee table made of wood is more dangerous to you than a coffee table made of Depleted Uranium (DU).

When you figure out why, you might have actually learned something.

And perhaps you need glasses, since my name is Mircea, not "Mercia" and it loosely translates as "dark horse" similar to Gaelic "Douglas."
I knew what your name meant...it is romanian...it also refers to peace...there is also a ship named the same, a river, and on and on...however...
it also reminds me of mercy...

and also, what isn't harmful to our health these days...?

if you want to discuss this, I'm open, but to continually deliberatly rude, conceited, assuming and defiant, well, it's simply a waste of time...and speaks volumns...

whatever!

Old 04-02-2011, 09:19 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
How extremely arrogant and presumptuous, especially when you don't understand why a coffee table made of wood is more dangerous to you than a coffee table made of Depleted Uranium (DU)."

Just say it.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:28 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,586,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I find it rather funny, though, that the media is still not reporting this? Probably afraid it will drop the stocks again...also, it's really creepy that the EPA now raises the amount of Safe levels of Radiation?
Actually I don't think it's funny. I think it is wise the media is being wise. [edit]The EPA is looking rather inefficient and like they are a hinky setup.

When the storm hit Japan, we saw people acting in a uniform, rational manner. Do you remember what happened in the states when Katrina hit? There was mass looting and hysteria.

I remember one guy that was on our local news. He had been rescued and taken to a shelter set up near us. He said, 'it's horrible and we don't even have ice!' I thought to myself, "yeah, people in hell are saying the same thing. What is that?"

American people are as smart as a box of rocks. The people here would cause more damage on the ground than radiation dust ever could floating in the air. And they know this. We know this, the media knows this, our government knows this---so it is best we just don't know about it.

Keep 'em, the public guessing and keep the peace.
And there goes the remarks of the good Dr. Jay Lehr and all the studies and reports on that event.
~flush~

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 04-02-2011 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 04-02-2011, 01:16 PM

Exclamation Oop - your attention please!

Radiation Found In CA Drinking Water - Rainwater At 18,100% Legal Limit | Alexander Higgins Blog (http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2011/04/01/breaking-radiation-san-francisco-18100-drinking-water-limits-13014/ - broken link)

Old 04-02-2011, 01:24 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,187 times
not convinced this radiation is all coming from the Fukushima plant. the gov and meadia are strangly mum about the Andthehorseyourodeinon plant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies