Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:34 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Because when people are saying their head will explode because a minute amount of radiation has increased, then a voice of rational thought is needed.
No one said anyone's head is going to explode? Where do you guys come up with this? No one is causing mass hysteria....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It was Ukraine, not Russia...

That's why nobody is taking you very seriously. You're coming here claiming to want to have a "mature" discussion about a topic that you've demonstrated you don't have any understanding of. Your "facts" are unproven; you don't supply any evidence to support your claims... When we point out that you're just plain wrong about something, you claim that we're not being "mature."

Case in point: You claim that there is no safe radiation. Sorry, but you're absolutely WRONG about that. Some forms of radiation are essential. Google "vitamin D". Without radiation, your eyes would be useless, you would freeze to death, etc. YOUR OWN BODY contains radioactive elements.

You've bought into the media panic message, hook, line and sinker. You want people to take you seriously? Educate yourself a bit more on the topic.
I suppose if I knew everything and I was correct about everything I knew, I certainly wouldn't be here.

Yanno, this forum years ago, used to be fun and informative, used to learn a lot here, however, I'm finding over the years, how utterly angry, mean and down right rude American's can be....or maybe, just maybe, there are more and more people that should be taking meds....

got any smart pills?

Old 04-01-2011, 09:39 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, your not sorry to be "that guy" or you wouldn't have posted this...
I'll admit, I can't spell, and I use words out of context, plus what you said...so shoot me....you knew what I meant...I'm not looking to professionally publish this

I cannot believe how many people are so contradictive....like the man said, if you don't like it, don't come into the thread, if it really bothers you that much, however, maybe you enjoy putting people down? I don't know....I just don't get what makes mean people mean? Or maybe it's anger or an obsession to put others down so you can feel better about yourself....

oh, sorry, I hate to be that guy to....
Pardon me for trying to insert a little levity and good-natured ribbing into this thread.

I think using our language correctly, especially on a forum where all communication is of the written variety by necessity, is important.

FWIW, you aren't the only one I was teasing in this thread and certainly not the only one on this forum.

Pointing out an error is now considered "putting someone down"? I'm not perfect, I make mistakes. I admit to the mistakes when they are pointed out to me, as well. I don't see how that's mean or putting anyone down, though.

Have a great day!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:44 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
This thread is not intended to raise hysteria????? And asking questions to learn and to share information is not wrong...and I didn't say, OMG, a cloud of radiation is upon us, whatever shall we do?????? You read it like that and put your own words into it...along with hysteria....and none of that problem effects us? I beg to differ....those people, in Japan are our neighbors, they are part of our community...

my uncle alwasy taught me

1. Never ever fear looking stupid by asking questions, that is the only way you learn, when you stop asking questions is when you stagnate.

and he was right....so, what I respectfully suggest, if you don't like the thread, then pass over it...really...
The wording in the title, the OP, and others in this thread are intended to cause fear and hysteria.

My uncle taught me something else also.

Its better to be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Food for thought.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Pardon me for trying to insert a little levity and good-natured ribbing into this thread.

I think using our language correctly, especially on a forum where all communication is of the written variety by necessity, is important.

FWIW, you aren't the only one I was teasing in this thread and certainly not the only one on this forum.

Pointing out an error is now considered "putting someone down"? I'm not perfect, I make mistakes. I admit to the mistakes when they are pointed out to me, as well. I don't see how that's mean or putting anyone down, though.

Have a great day!
its a vice with me, and I see it happen on forums all the time....when someone doesn't have anything else to add to the thread, they look for all the spelling/grammer errors they can, and it's just as annoying as when you see them....now honestly, I wish that was a virtue of mine, (that special eye some people have for pointing out errors like this) but I don't...a lot of us don't, a lot do...but yes, it is rude, and unthinking...to do so...by the time most people are posting in these forums, they've probably gotten thru high school and what you see is what you get. I am not the smartest tac in the block...so, while I thank you for trying, I gotta tell you, it ain't gonna work...hows that for grammer?

Seriously, I see it happen to others and I really really feel sorry for the poster that has to come into threads and prove to someone whom they deem beneath them, how utterly stupid they are, to make themselves feel so much more intellegent....

you have a great day to....

Old 04-01-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The wording in the title, the OP, and others in this thread are intended to cause fear and hysteria.

My uncle taught me something else also.

Its better to be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Food for thought.
sorry you feel that way, your missing out on so much....

Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Hey, creme, still waiting on a source for the original assertion that you made in post #1...

Old 04-01-2011, 10:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
No one said anyone's head is going to explode? Where do you guys come up with this? No one is causing mass hysteria....?
Some posters here take any statement or question to extreme.
Why ? Easier to debunk I guess with deflection and extreme opinions.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:14 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,977 times
Creme, time to launch the IGGY missiles.........

Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Some posters here take any statement or question to extreme.
Why ? Easier to debunk I guess with deflection and extreme opinions.
That is exactly what happens in the P&oC forum. Had this thread been started in a different area, say the preparation & self-sufficiency forum, most responses would have been much more civil (with the exception of trolls from this forum trying to run in and stir the pot).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies