Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 10:48 AM

683 posts, read 822,996 times

Advertisements

Any Union Carpenters out there who would like to go to work building some gallows on Wall Street???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 10:56 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,174,718 times
lol, so what...you tax hedge fund managers 91% again like in the 'good old days' and those managers pick up shop and take their trade to london or tokyo and the governments loses all revenue.

Like it or not, most of the wealthy don't pay much in taxes because they are flat-out smarter than those actually crafting the legislation.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:12 AM

183 posts, read 167,981 times
Ok, buy most standards I am rich, and I employ about 300 people....and I pay a lot of taxes already. Now, say my taxes go up, even though my corp is taxed about 34% alread. See I pay a lot of money to be in business here. So...if my taxes go up any more I will have to make a choice. I can stay here and continue to pay 300 plus employees, decent wages by most standards, or I can move the company to singapore, pay less in taxes and lower wages. Guess what if they do go up and I move that is 300 plus people here that will lose their jobs, and a pretty penny the government would no longer be receiving...tell me again how taxing the rich will help. Its a spending problem, not a taxt problem.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:52 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,189,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Any Union Carpenters out there who would like to go to work building some gallows on Wall Street???
sure, could we start with the bankers?

Old 04-11-2011, 11:56 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,216,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny napalm View Post
Ok, buy most standards I am rich, and I employ about 300 people....and I pay a lot of taxes already. Now, say my taxes go up, even though my corp is taxed about 34% alread. See I pay a lot of money to be in business here. So...if my taxes go up any more I will have to make a choice. I can stay here and continue to pay 300 plus employees, decent wages by most standards, or I can move the company to singapore, pay less in taxes and lower wages. Guess what if they do go up and I move that is 300 plus people here that will lose their jobs, and a pretty penny the government would no longer be receiving...tell me again how taxing the rich will help. Its a spending problem, not a taxt problem.

Take your company overseas.

I am sure that some enterprising chap will find a way to create another company to fill that void and reemploy the workers.

We just need to make sure that any U.S. American citizen making their cash outside of the U.S. are still required to pay their full U.S. taxes or forfeit their U.S. citizenship permanently.

We can also start taxing imports immediately to compete with foreign slave labor interference with our home markets.

No one wants government spending to be out of control.

No sane person would trust any businessman to set government tax policy.

Last edited by oldtimer2; 04-11-2011 at 12:44 PM..

Old 04-11-2011, 12:00 PM

8,587 posts, read 9,082,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Not I, but as a printer I'd offer to design and print flyers with the date and time of the hangings.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:05 PM

8,587 posts, read 9,082,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny napalm View Post
If you left the US and If it were up to me you'd have more than a tax problem you'd have tariff problem. Bon voyage.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:06 PM

183 posts, read 167,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Take your company overseas.

I am sure that some enterprising chap will find a way to create another company to fill that void and reemploy the workers.

We just need to make sure that any U.S. American citizen making their cash outside of the U.S. are still required to, pay their full U.S. taxes or forfeit their U.S. citizenship permanently.

We can also start taxing imports immediately to compete with foreign slave labor interference with our home markets.

No one wants government spending to be out of control.

No sane person would trust any businessman to set government tax policy.
You are quite right about the businessman setting tax policies, and I am sure my emplyees and their families would disagree with your take on the company moving....I am only here because of them. If I didn't care I would have already left.

As far as spending...if no one wanted it out of control, then it wouldn't be out of control. The fact is or politicians do want it out of control and that's the real problem. If they didn't want it out of control it would not be....

Old 04-11-2011, 12:11 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,205,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
The Bankers need to go.....its about SPENDING more than tax collections.

You are trying to tell me we can collect trillions and not run a balanced budget? WTF?
When you have liberal democrats in charge, it doesn't matter how much you bring it to the treasury, you will have a deficit because they will always spend that much and more. It is how they buy power and control.

Disgraceful.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:31 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,189,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
If you left the US and If it were up to me you'd have more than a tax problem you'd have tariff problem. Bon voyage.
maybe they can also work in a FICA tariff to make up what his 300 workers would have contributed to the SS trust fund.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies