Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 11:03 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,298,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, he has so little of his own policies he can take credit for - stealing from his predecessor is not out of bounds for his personality.

I agree.

He has been taught well to play the game and to take advantage of anything he can to make himself look better then he really is.

For a man to take credit for something and then shut the valves off once he gets control is not only fraudulent but borders along the lines of insanity.

I truly believe Obama believes people are stupid and wont catch onto his little games of deceit.

Not much longer folks and this anti American misfit will be out of our WH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 08:09 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,800,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just like our trade problem with China.

If it cost less to import it, than it does to make it here, the manufacturers become importers and let the American workers go.

After Reagan got going, oil prices came down. You don't remember the Carter gas lines do you?
Wrong on all accounts. But then, that has nothing to do with your post to which I responded to either. You were blaming Obama for something, that it takes 4-years after a President to see their policy impact. You don't want to accept that same idea for other Presidents before him?

Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,296,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because of regulations and the loops and hoops they have to go through, the years leading up to 2004, it cost more to get it out of the ground here, than they could make off of it's profits once out of the ground.

Bush knew if we go into the Middle East, oil prices would rise. The push for more production here started in its infancy then, even when it wasn't going to be profitable until prices rose.

If it is cheaper to buy it from them, than it is to pump it here, our resources will be saved for another day.

That day has come, but the permits have all but stopped. Those few permits issued, have big restrictions and more regulations added. Making it more costly to drill. Is it profitable?

Your original post clearly states you blame Barack Obama for the decline in domestic oil production.

1. You provide no data or links to support the position stated in your original post.

2. You tell people that don't believe they to go look it up.

3. I went to the Department of Energy website to get current and historical crude oil production and low and behold production has been up in 2009 and 2010 after declining EVERY YEAR OF THE BUSH 43 Administration.

4. You tell me it takes four years to bring a well into production. (I don't believe that).

5. Then you try to rationalize the fact that production in the first four years of the Bush 43 Administration fell based some BS. about higher cost. BUT NONE OF THAT SUPPORT YOUR ORIGINAL POST.

Gene Kelley would be proud of your tap dancing skills.

However it would have been more honest to just admit your original assertion was WRONG.

Your bias against President Barack Obama and your own ego make that almost impossible.

I understand, but don't dig a deeper hole and insult your intelligence further with some bullsh***T rationalization behind why domestic crude oil fell over eight damn years of the Bush 43 Administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies