Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:50 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times

Advertisements

If the teachers agree to pay my health care or fine for not being able to afford it and my pension then maybe we can talk. until then forget it. hate to loose my home to property taxes for them,just ain't right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 08:52 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northgabound12 View Post
not saying i agree or disagree with the public unions and their premise here but isn't this is a bit like corporations threatening to leave a state if they don't lower their taxes?
no

Old 03-31-2011, 09:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The objection would be that the store owner must choose a side. That should not be. Asking them to put up a sign of Union support, I see nothing objectionable about. Are there union members that would overstep, sure. Time will tell on just how extensive the abuse is. And yes, the Unions and most of the people in Wisc do not like what Walker did. They will react to that.
Most of the union members in Wisconsin you should have said.

bob, I really don't think you read either of those links I provided. It does seem that you didn't see that they said not posting is showing that you don't agree with them. That means that NO means something different than most dictionaries say it does. If you can't see typical union strong arming in this story you just can't see. Get yourself back to the first post and read those links and stop trying to be so smart when you don't even know what it said.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Asking? How about Telling? Telling the businesses that neutrality is not an option; neutrality means "no support" and no support of the unions means a boycott. Sounds like intimidation to me; i. e., Do it or else...

From the OP link:

“Failure to do so will leave us no choice but (to) do a public boycott of your business. And sorry, neutral means 'no' to those who work for the largest employer in the area and are union members."

Wisconsin public sector union threatening businesses with boycotts - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Threat? Bullying? Strongarming? Intimidation? Extortion? Pick your name for this outlandish statement.
Keep trying but bob just won't soon see your point. He hasn't read the first links and isn't about to so you may be wasting your time.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Unions and their supporters, trying to extort what they can't earn;

Numerous Union Grove shops threatened with union boycott

Backlash for the unions! Most people don't like this kind of thuggish union bullying.
I guess that article won't be read by any more lefties than mine were but it surely tells the truth about the southeastern two counties of Wisconsin which is the area that Parrett works for.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:06 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I want to stop paying for banksters
What is a "bankster"? Is that an adult term?

Quote:
huge salaries, CEO's golden parachutes,
You are free to do business with any company you choose, no one is forcing you to consume the products/services of a business you do not like. As a taxpayer, on the other hand I have NO CHOICE regarding public union services.

Interesting how that choice exists for banks, manufacturers, restaurants, etc. - but NOT for government services...

Quote:
the rich who pay less in taxes than I do
How is that?

Quote:
as well as the huge amount of money withheld from our treasury by corporations that claim their headquarters are in the Bahamas
Are you aware that the US in the ONLY country on earth that taxes overseas profits?

Quote:
WAY before I demonize my local teachers, janitors, firefighters, policemen etc. No way will I kill the middle class to "save" it.
Since when did the aforementioned workers become a majority of the middle class, or even representative of it?

Old 04-01-2011, 11:08 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Not saying I agree or disagree with the public unions and their premise here but isn't this is a bit like corporations threatening to leave a state if they don't lower their taxes?
Not in the least, as the taxpayers can decide if they want to continue to retain that business in their state, or if they would like to continue to purchase products or services from the business.

They do not have the same choice with public union employees, either through unfair-to-the-taxpayer collective bargaining, or through the monopolist services provided by public union employees.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:40 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
What is a "bankster"? Is that an adult term?

Since when did the aforementioned workers become a majority of the middle class, or even representative of it?
Since you don't know the term bankster and/or consider its use to be childish, why on earth would I waste my time with you?

Except to say that yes I would put teachers, firemen, police, social workers, etc, as representative of the middle class. What planet do you live on that these people are not representative of the middle class?

Old 04-02-2011, 10:08 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,201,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
I hope the small business owner is heavily armed... love to see them get their just desserts.
...to shoot boycotters?

Wait, what?

Old 04-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Not saying I agree or disagree with the public unions and their premise here but isn't this is a bit like corporations threatening to leave a state if they don't lower their taxes?
I see no way to compare the bananas and apples you are talking about comparing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies