Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 02:39 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times

Advertisements

yes, astroturf, take some time and dig a little deeper into the people that are dragging you poor saps into their fight. You are a drone for ultra wealthy forces that are bent on destroying this country to prove they are right. Bush allowed them to loot the US Treasury at the end of his term, but that wasn't enough, they want more...

They are intentionally with-holding themselves from participating in America's economy. Refusing to invest, bring their hordes of off-shore capital back into this economy and to hire the people they need. example; the robo-signing scandal, why didn't the big banks hire the staff they needed to do the foreclosure paperwork? Why did the banks pocket the TARP funds instead of adding it into the credit market as it was intended, because those things would have started a "Main Street" recovery they didn't want to see too soon. A full recovery would have soothed the teabaggers and their drones would have drifted off. The need the middle class fighting itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
It seems to me that Reid is a big spender. Even on Cowboy Poetry.

Why should people that don't listen to Public Radio have to pay for it?

Why should people who don't support abortion ( planned parenhood ) have to pay for it?

Why buzzards27, would you make such a statement?

You know that liberals are a minority in this country.

I do realize though that your leg is tingling ---- as your President takes us into a third war.

Way to go left wing.

And by the way, what the hell do you want us taxpayers to take care of?

Jeffery Immelt is part of Obama Hussein's jobs council.

As head of GE, he managed to keep his company, which profited $14,000,000,000 from paying taxes.

I know .... Obama is great, Obama is good.

T'would do you good to look at your own party. With eyes wide open.

I know, as long as you can sock it to all the taxpayers, and all the big evil corporations, ( except GE ), then life is good. Steal, steal, steal and steal.

The way your sentence was worded proves that kids don't get smarter - just by throwing more money at the NEA.

By the way, I got laid off from work three weeks ago. Your happy Obama world is crashing in on America. He hasn't done one thing to help most of us real Americans. $3.70 for a gallon of gas....and I'm out of work.

You can call me astroturf, velcro, non-organic chicken, someone who hasn't taken his carbon footprint seriously, a not real American, an extremist (as a taxpayer) because I'd like to slow government spending,
careful what you ask for, the governments perform a vital function, unless you are prepare to repair the roads you drive on, and forgo most other forms of transportation you better hope that this "smaller" government you want is still able to provide the services you have grown to expect.
Quote:
and a homophobe.

But I will Never Ever Ever vote for a $&^%!ing Democrat for President.
real American are patriotic and support their country no matter who is leading it. They do everything they can to make the home a better place. you teabaggers are Extremely unpatriotic, you are putting your beliefs, your wishes and your desires ahead of what is best for this country. The government is not the enemy, at times it is the only thing between civilization and chaos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 03:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
OP, exactly where was this heavily promoted? I havent heard one dam peep about it..
thanks, I was thinking rhe same, even on O'Reilly I don't think I heard anything or not much, not to mention the weather was exactly full spring time in DC.

Nita

Old 04-02-2011, 03:25 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
thanks, I was thinking rhe same, even on O'Reilly I don't think I heard anything or not much, not to mention the weather was exactly full spring time in DC.

Nita
if it was a real revolt the weather is of no consequence, they did cancel the American Revolution because it got cold at Valley Forge.... you teabaggers are slowly falling apart. you have lost the middle...

Old 04-02-2011, 03:28 PM

45,378 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Even with major media attention and coverage, the tea party rally this afternoon in Washington brought little turnouts. Despite "A" list tea party members like Bachmann and Rand Paul speaking, it still couldn't help to get only about 100 tea party members to show up.

Bachmann at Tea Party rally: We want a fight | StarTribune.com

Well,.. at least captain america was there.

I don't exactly know what you mean by "major media attention". As I live in the Metro DC area I can tell you that none of the 4 DC network stations mentioned it as happening nor did the Baltimore stations I receive (3 of them).

Old 04-02-2011, 03:33 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Maybe there is a communication problem.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
That's funny, I didn't see ANY promotion for the rally. Can the OP link to the "heavily promoted" sites?

We are tired, used a lot of energy that resulted in the HISTORIC drubbing of the democrats in Nov, won back the House, won a record number of seats across this great land. We are just waiting for the politicians we elected to get to work.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:43 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Now I am confused. Does everybody watch FOX or does nobody watch FOX?
It alternates.

On uneven dates, Fox is the victim - the beleaguered bastion of conservative news, a small but brave contingent still holding out, surrounded by the hordes of the leftie PC mainstream media.

On even dates, Fox News is the champion - the station that has the viewer numbers to prove that they're number one, they're the people's choice, the voice of the common man, unlike the liberal elitists in their ivory towers.

Sometimes their fans forget what date it is, and try to adapt both personas at once, changing mid-paragraph or even mid-sentence. The results are rarely pretty.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:49 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
We are just waiting for the politicians we elected to get to work.
That's unfair. The Repubs have been super-busy, investigating American Muslims, affirming "In God We Trust" as the official US motto, drafting legislation to make English the official language - hard work!

Old 04-02-2011, 05:53 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's unfair. The Repubs have been super-busy, investigating American Muslims, affirming "In God We Trust" as the official US motto, drafting legislation to make English the official language - hard work!
Don't forget their attack on Women's right to choice.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:21 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Don't forget their attack on Women's right to choice.
I guess the Middle East has already solved that problem.

Now their free to dictate solutions to other issues, like killing Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies