Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Wow, you are truly one of the religious.
I am a committed Christian which is why I appreciated Obama's "Call to Renewal" speech and his embracing of Rev. Otis Moss II and Rev. Jim Wallis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 10:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The hypocrisy of the Left is stunning and widespread, on nearly every issue.

But we all knew deep down their howling and frothing was just politics.
Speaks volumes, too, eh?

Quote:
The difference is that many of us soured on Bush when he began acting like a Neo Prog, yet you see several posts a day by leftists trying to do verbal and mental gymnastics defending Obummer for the same thing that they ridiculed Bush for.
The old "that's different" excuse to defend one's own beliefs! LOL!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:55 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I am a committed Christian which is why I appreciated Obama's "Call to Renewal" speech and his embracing of Rev. Otis Moss II and Rev. Jim Wallis.
Don't know who Otis is, but Wallis is an admitted Marxist who is funded by Soros, an admitted atheist. The Bible clearly says that we will be known by who we associate with.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I am disappointed with a few of the things President Obama has or has not done. That does not mean I will ever support a "conservative" because I despise the very core of their policies that is most people exist to make the wealthy wealthier and that wealth is created by God for their benefit.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:25 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Don't know who Otis is, but Wallis is an admitted Marxist who is funded by Soros, an admitted atheist. The Bible clearly says that we will be known by who we associate with.
The HistoryMakers

Moss has been involved in advocating civil and human rights and social justice issues for most of his adult life. Having been a staff member of Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., he currently serves as a national board member and trustee for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Non-Violent Social Change. His work in the international community has taken him to Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Japan (http://www.thehistorymakers.com/glossary/glossarytext.asp?index=362 - broken link). He also traveled as a member of a clergy mission to the Far East in 1970 and to Israel (http://www.thehistorymakers.com/glossary/glossarytext.asp?index=370 - broken link) in 1978. In 1994, he was the special guest of President William Jefferson Clinton at the Peace Treaty signing between Israel and Jordan, and, in that same year, he led a special mission to South Africa (http://www.thehistorymakers.com/glossary/glossarytext.asp?index=122 - broken link).

Rev. Wallis is not a Marxist. There is a difference between being funded by and receiving a donation from someone. Rev. Wallis and the organizations he is involved with have been around for a long time and existed prior to receiving any donations from Soros.

http://blog.sojo.net/2010/03/24/what...ocial-justice/

But what really made me mad was when Glenn Beck called Dorothy Day a “Marxist” and went after us both with guilt by association. Guilty again. I couldn’t be more proud of that association. It was clear that Beck had never heard of her, so somebody really needs to tell him that Dorothy Day is regarded as a modern saint in the Catholic Church and is already in the process of canonization—before he puts her up on his blackboard. Beck recounted a conversation I had with Dorothy as a new young convert to Christianity. She was in her eighties and asked me if I had been a radical student in my early years as she had been. “Yeah,” Beck recorded me saying. And if I had been attracted to Marxism, as she had. “Yeah” I said again. Gotcha! Beck said. They’re both Marxists! What he left out was the next lines of our conversation that I still remember and, of course, were on the same tape he abruptly cut off. “And now, you’re a Catholic?” Dorothy Day asked me. “Well, now I’m a Christian,” I said. “You’re not a Catholic?” she chided. I lamely responded that “some of my best friends” were Catholic, and Dorothy smiled. We were sharing our conversion stories from secular radicalism and Marxism to Jesus Christ and his gospel of love and justice. Glenn Beck just left that part out, as he often leaves stuff out or just makes up stuff and puts it in.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:31 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The hypocrisy of the Left is stunning and widespread, on nearly every issue.

But we all knew deep down their howling and frothing was just politics.
With a touch of rabies thrown in.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:32 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am disappointed with a few of the things President Obama has or has not done. That does not mean I will ever support a "conservative" because I despise the very core of their policies that is most people exist to make the wealthy wealthier and that wealth is created by God for their benefit.
You demonstrate by your post and complete and abject ignorance of what is and what isn't conservatism. No wonder your posts and confused and mindless.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:35 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Neo Progs hated Bush because:

- He invaded Iraq; Obummer is still in Iraq
- He went into Afghanistan; Obummer is still in Afghanistan
- He kept Guantanamo open; Obummer is keeping Guantanamo open after running on a pledge to close it
- Running secret missions that the public isn't familiar with; Obummer is sending drones into Pakistan bombing terrorist camps on an almost daily basis
- Is against gay marriage; Obummer is publicly on the record against gay marriage
- Supports unwarranted wiretaps, Obummer has kept unwarranted wire taps going
-Invaded Iraq without congressional approval; Obummer invaded Libya without congressional approval
- Was "in bed" with Big Oil; Obummer is "in bed" with Big Union, GE and Big Enviro
- Allowed lobbyists in the WH; Not only did Obummer lie about no more lobbyists, he's hired many of them to work for him
- Is an open Christian; Obummer professed Christ as his savior on many occasions
- Increased the federal deficit; do I even need to? lol

There are many more, but one can only conclude that Neo Progs are simply hypocrites and only support Obummer because he has a (D) after his name.
So if Obama is just like Bush, why do some many previous Bush supporters despise Obama. Here's a hint, the color of his skin.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:33 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So if Obama is just like Bush, why do some many previous Bush supporters despise Obama. Here's a hint, the color of his skin.
I see that someone took Neo Prog Debating Tactics 101;

Rule #1: When losing the debate, play the race card and play it hard.

Conservatives have elected Indian American governors in Louisiana and SC, one of whom is a woman. Conservatives elected black conservative congressmen in Florida and again SC, the later beat Strom Thurmond's grandson in the primary. Conservatives elected Mexican American governors in NM and Nevada. Your Neo Prog talking points are not only ignorant, they're boring and lazy.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:39 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
I see that someone took Neo Prog Debating Tactics 101;

Rule #1: When losing the debate, play the race card and play it hard.

Conservatives have elected Indian American governors in Louisiana and SC, one of whom is a woman. Conservatives elected black conservative congressmen in Florida and again SC, the later beat Strom Thurmond's grandson in the primary. Conservatives elected Mexican American governors in NM and Nevada. Your Neo Prog talking points are not only ignorant, they're boring and lazy.
Nice strawman. I didn't say all Conservatives, I said Bush supporters, and I didn't even say all Bush supporters, I said Bush supporters who despise Obama.

The ones that are boring and lazy are conservatives who lack basic reading comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies