Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Some people don't care for Glen Beck..why is it that you seem to always take that so personal?
I take it that way because of what those people think and why. Left leaning is ok but when you fall over leaning too far then I think you are wrong and some here never get on a Glenn Beck thread without screaming their heads off about him and what he said and they never watch his tv show but always manage to get their info from MM and pass it around.

How do you know that you don't care for him unless you have seen him in the past 6 months? Most of those I howl at have not seen him one time in that amount of time but they are so sure that they know just what he said on any given day. Once again, how many times have you seen him in the past 6 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I take it that way because of what those people think and why. Left leaning is ok but when you fall over leaning too far then I think you are wrong and some here never get on a Glenn Beck thread without screaming their heads off about him and what he said and they never watch his tv show but always manage to get their info from MM and pass it around.

How do you know that you don't care for him unless you have seen him in the past 6 months? Most of those I howl at have not seen him one time in that amount of time but they are so sure that they know just what he said on any given day. Once again, how many times have you seen him in the past 6 months.
I could say the same thing about leaning too far right...

I pay no attention to Glen Beck...have no interest in watching his show.

I don't understand those that seem to worship him...and I don't understand those who "scream their heads off about him", either.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I could say the same thing about leaning too far right...

I pay no attention to Glen Beck...have no interest in watching his show.

I don't understand those that seem to worship him...and I don't understand those who "scream their heads off about him", either.

There are some, that research and put in perspective, what is going on in our federal government. Beck is one of them.

They attack Beck, but nothing he is saying.

Like a crook, wanting to kill his accuser for getting caught red handed.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:25 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Is Media Matters Now Making Up Facts in War Against Beck? | The Blaze

Quite hilarious that with 80 people trying to discredit Beck's 10 people all they can do is make stuff up....
[/indent]
Beck is still on the Radio? Who knew? I thought he disappeared along with the other Birchers.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Beck is still on the Radio? Who knew? I thought he disappeared along with the other Birchers.
When you're uninformed, you still blame Beck.

You should be PO'ed at your news source.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When you're uninformed, you still blame Beck.

You should be PO'ed at your news source.
You can listen to Beck all you want, I really don't care how many 'Veg-o-Matics", or whatever, you buy. Go for it.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:30 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post

Quite hilarious that with 80 people trying to discredit Beck's 10 people all they can do is make stuff up....
[/indent]
I wonder what a job announcement looks like for Media Matters. The competition must be fierce with 80 + people having the same "Get Beck" job.

When people announce audience slippage for anyone anywhere a good reporter will give you all the data so you can draw your own conclusions.

Television

For example, on Thursday, March 31 (last time cable news ratings were available), here are the numbers:

Total audience numbers at 5PM (remember on the West coast, this is 2PM in the afternoon):

Beck: 2,100,000
Matthews: 549,000
Blitzer: 608,000
Showbiz: 137,000

Audience numbers in the age demographic 25 - 54

Beck: 495,000
Matthews: 164,000
Blitzer: 143,000
Showbiz: 63,000

Does it look like Beck has something to worry about compared to his competition in the same timeslot?

Beck's total audience at 5PM compared to the primetime audience (remember on the West Coast 8PM ET is 5PM so all of the primetime folks should have a bigger audience because people on both coasts are home from work) of others:

Beck (at 5PM) 2,100,000

The Primetimers:

O'Donnell: 816,000
Maddow: 1,044,000
EdShow: 821,000
Inthe arena (?): 504,000
Morgan: 660,000
Cooper: 696,000
O'Reilly: 3,328,000
Hannity: 2,158,000
Greta: 1,689,000
Grace: 502,000
Behar: 277,000

And so you can see the TV numbers for yourself:

The Scoreboard: Thursday, March 31 - TVNewser

Do the TV cable news numbers look like Beck has anything to worry about? If anything, Fox should be worried that the other networks might offer him a primetime job when his contract is up seeing as how his 5PM audience is double their highest guy, Rachel Maddow, in primetime.

Radio

Now let's go to radio where Media Matters, who in reporting a handful of stations dropped Beck (the third largest radio talk show in the country), neglected to mention the 88 ones that picked up his show.

SORRY MEDIA MATTERS: Glenn Beck's Radio Show Still Heard On More Than 400 Affiliates Nationwide

Celebs Silent on Obama's War, Eager to Bash Palin

Books

Six NY Times Best Sellers (know any cable TV news person or radio personality other than Bill O'Reilly that can top that?)

Movie?

And, get this, Beck's The Christmas Sweater (the book about him):

"After budget and script issues, producer Stephen Scheffer tells The Hollywood Reporter he’s now in talks with several studios to bring the controversial Fox host’s 2008 book to the big screen."

Glenn Beck's 'Christmas Sweater' Movie in Turnaround - The Hollywood Reporter

Beck should be saying "What, Me Worry?"

Old 04-02-2011, 08:00 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Who was doing it first, Beck or MM? I guess you don't know which one has been around the longest, do you? Of course, you can get the REAL stuff from MM and Huff and Puff.
So your position is that MM did it first so it is acceptable for Glenn Beck and the Blaze to misrepresent distort?

Frankly I never take any short snippet, from anyone, as representing the context of a statement. Therefore I will hunt down and watch the complete videos or read the complete statements. Which is why I know Glenn Beck and the Blaze engage in "creative" editing.

Glenn Beck's Jihad against progressives has resulted in me listening to all kinds of wonderful speeches that I normally wouldn't have been aware of.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:04 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
You could have said "Is Media Matters Now Making Up Facts" and been correct.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
List of stations carrying Becks show.

All stations & times for The Glenn Beck Program

While I find it silly for either side to care one way or another how many stations carry the show, Radio Business Report (http://www.rbr.com/radio/index.1.html (broken link)) said the following after the dropping of beck from the Buckley Radio owned stations:

"Remember, he’s still almost 400 affiliates strong, but some question if his “gloom and doom” rhetoric could be causing a bit of fatigue and avoidance with his audience. Beck is syndicated by Premiere Radio Networks and RBR-TVBR will watch closely to see if the move by Buckley Radio is a start of a trend."

Last edited by plannine; 04-02-2011 at 08:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies