Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 08:44 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times

Advertisements

I don't see how anyone can defend a group of cavepeople who think that the best way to deal with an insult to one's religion is to attack and murder a group of people who had absolutely nothing to do with it.

That said, man, would I love to punch Terry Jones in the 'nads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 08:48 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
Quite obvious you don't know the meaning of that word.
Yes,yes I do.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Default A question

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
AWESOME IDEA! YOU'RE BRILLIANT. SO TRUE.
I'M SICK AND TIRED OF US AMERICANS PLACATING THEM HERE.
OUR OWN CHRISTIAN VALUES ARE BEING ATTACKED BY THE SECOND, OUR RIGHTS TO EXPRESS OUR CHRISTIAN BELIEFS, BEING WHITTLED AWAY AT BY ATHEISTS AND THE MUSLIMS, I'M SICK SICK SICK OF IT.
WE NEED TO START FIGHTING BACK AND HARD.

Do you also propose we start fighting back hard at Jews ... maybe we should have public burnings of the Torah scrolls ... or Hindus or Buddhists or Sikhs or Baha'is???????

Or is it the only non-Christian group you hate are Muslims?

Old 04-02-2011, 08:57 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Do you also propose we start fighting back hard at Jews ... maybe we should have public burnings of the Torah scrolls ... or Hindus or Buddhists or Sikhs or Baha'is???????

LOL....if those groups start acting like savages....

Old 04-02-2011, 08:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:

Mr. Park, I think you fail to see that none of those other religions have orders in their main book that call for the killing of anyone who does something to violate the book. Oh yes, Mohammed did put that kind of orders in the later part of the book. I don't think any of those others would kill all over the world over something like the excuse used for this one.

You do know that Mohammed's great book does call for the death of Christians and Jews for very little reason, don't you? Also, he calls for the same thing for all those you listed and all others who aren't Muslims or won't convert. I think you may find that even converting may not keep one from dhimmitude.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL....if those groups start acting like savages....
Those Muslims are only doing what their Koran calls for and what their imams seem to think must be done. I guess one Christian minister doing what that man did is plenty of reason to cut off far more than 2 Christian heads. They don't care who they punish as long as he isn't Muslim.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:02 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:

Are the Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, etc. plotting to blow us up, fly airplanes into buildings, go on mass shooting sprees, bomb subways, blow up airplanes, or behead us? Or is the only group plotting these things muslims?

Old 04-02-2011, 09:19 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I think as many Americans as possible should go out and buy their own Korans. Then on July 4th we have an American celebration by burning them all. I think its time to light this sucker up and deal with the problem head on. Reinstate the draft and lets be done with this crap. Those people want to be stomped back into the stone age then lets give them what they want.

Jones is an attention w***e. however he was exercising his constitutional right to free speech and I will defend that against all enemies foreign and domestic.

I am sick of all the p***y footing around this damn issue. Those bastards want a war lets give it to them and send them to meet Allah and the virgins.

You want to burn bibles? are they your personal property? go ahead. That ought to shut a few up.
Why the heck would I want to burn a book? It's immature and serves no purpose.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:21 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Mr. Park, I think you fail to see that none of those other religions have orders in their main book that call for the killing of anyone who does something to violate the book.
Christianity and Judaism both have commands for killing people.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:28 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Mr. Park, I think you fail to see that none of those other religions have orders in their main book that call for the killing of anyone who does something to violate the book. Oh yes, Mohammed did put that kind of orders in the later part of the book. I don't think any of those others would kill all over the world over something like the excuse used for this one.

You do know that Mohammed's great book does call for the death of Christians and Jews for very little reason, don't you? Also, he calls for the same thing for all those you listed and all others who aren't Muslims or won't convert. I think you may find that even converting may not keep one from dhimmitude.
And anyone of any religion that murders over what is in a book (or for the burning of that book) is a butcher and a moron. If there is any kind of just god, he has a special place in hell for those who slaughter in his name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies