Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 04:38 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
This freak pastor should be put behind bars
On what charges that won't violate the US Constitution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 04:40 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
His comments make perfect sense. Which part sounds idiotic to you?

Pastor Terry Jones: Afghan U.N. Violence 'Proves' My Point
The Florida pastor who supervised the burning of a Koran last month said he did not feel responsible for the violent protest at a United Nations compound in Afghanistan today that left at least 11 dead. Instead, he said the violence proved his point.

"We wanted to raise awareness of this dangerous religion and dangerous element," pastor Terry Jones said of the Koran burning. "I think [today's attack] proves that there is a radical element of Islam."
The part that I just saw that Jones is unrepentant, and failed to see the cause and effect of his actions.
ETA: He didnt think anyone knew that Islam has a radical element?????

Old 04-01-2011, 04:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I hope pastor Terry Jones is satisfied with whatever he thinks he accomplished by burning the Koran. Innocent people paid a terrible price for his stupidity!
Uh...no. Those animals who killed these people are SOLELY responsible for what they did. Those people chose to kill. Doesn't matter if the entire population of the entire planet except them used the koran for toilet paper and then burned it, they alone are responsible for the actions they took. Now, they deserve death themselves and may 'allah' deliver it swiftly.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Freedom of Speech isn't absolute. Inciting violence through one's actions can be prosecuted.
So by your logic, or lack of, I can kill a liberal flag burner because I am offended by the burning of our nation's flag.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:43 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The part that I just saw that Jones is unrepentant, and failed to see the cause and effect of his actions.
An appropriate response would be for all PEACEFUL Muslims to burn copies of the Koran in protest of the animals that slaughtered innocent people. Murder and beheading over a scrap of paper is barbaric. Animals like this are looking for an excuse to slaughter, they'd have made up something else had the burning of the Koran not been discussed.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
His comments make perfect sense. Which part sounds idiotic to you?

Pastor Terry Jones: Afghan U.N. Violence 'Proves' My Point
The Florida pastor who supervised the burning of a Koran last month said he did not feel responsible for the violent protest at a United Nations compound in Afghanistan today that left at least 11 dead. Instead, he said the violence proved his point.

"We wanted to raise awareness of this dangerous religion and dangerous element," pastor Terry Jones said of the Koran burning. "I think [today's attack] proves that there is a radical element of Islam."
He hasn't incited any violence. He wanted to burn a Koran, and it's within his right in the US to do that.

How come liberals never get this upset when BIBLES and US FLAGS are burned, every day in some part of this hateful world?
I didn't say he necessarily did, I'm merely pointing out that freedom of speech isn't absolute.

Pastor Jones is just another perfect example of nutcase fundamentalist Christianity who act like total idiots, and nothing like Christ.

It's ironic that he claims he's raising awareness of this dangerous religion since Pastor Jones' sad excuse for Christianity is just as evil and dangerous.

God must be so proud of all his conservative followers...

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
So if a radical Tea Partier shoots and kills Obama and blames the Ground Zero mosque Imam for it does that mean we should prosecute the Imam for inciting violence? After all, actions have consequences and the GZM is an act of incitement designed to provoke Americans.

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
So if you post something that some freaked out lunatic disagrees with and they go out and kill someone we should come and hold you responsible? How do you know it hasn't happened already. Same stupid logic posted above.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:46 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
So if a radical Tea Partier shoots and kills Obama and blames the Ground Zero mosque Imam for it does that mean we can prosecute the Imam for inciting violence? After all, actions have consequences.
Get out of my head!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I didn't say he necessarily did, I'm merely pointing out that freedom of speech isn't absolute.

Pastor Jones is just another perfect example of nutcase fundamentalist Christianity who act like total idiots, and nothing like Christ.

It's ironic that he claims he's raising awareness of this dangerous religion since Pastor Jones' sad excuse for Christianity is just as evil and dangerous.

God must be so proud of all his conservative followers...
I wondered how long it would take a liberal to bring out the "but Christianity is evil" to excuse actions of the religion of peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies