Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 05:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
No, how can those who blame him for Islamic violence be that incredibly stupid?

THAT is the question.

Stop pandering to Islamic insanity. If you don't, you will find it has NO END. Are you willing to find out how far it goes?
I'm gonna try this again.....I'm irate at Pastor Jones and his narcissism.
I'm not pandering to anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 05:49 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
If I were going to burn a Koran, I would do so privately and not advertise it on the internet.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:50 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'm gonna try this again.....I'm irate at Pastor Jones and his narcissism.
I'm not pandering to anything.
I'm gonna try this again too - why are you irate at Pastor Jones? Shouldn't your ire be reserved for the Islamic crazies who just murdered TWENTY INNOCENT PEOPLE?

I swear, if you represent the majority, then the world is lost to Islam.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:55 PM

716 posts, read 1,119,631 times
A book being burned is absolutely no excuse to kill people. Come on. There is no excuse for this.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:55 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
I'm gonna try this again too - why are you irate at Pastor Jones? Shouldn't your ire be reserved for the Islamic crazies who just murdered TWENTY INNOCENT PEOPLE?

I swear, if you represent the majority, then the world is lost to Islam.
Are you just being deliberately obtuse here?
Do you understand just what the term "cause and effect" means?
Get off your soapbox for a moment and consider that.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:58 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Actually emembering my Aristotle I beleive the term your looking for is Causality.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:59 PM

716 posts, read 1,119,631 times
Quote:

The fact is, these people had a choice. No one had to die over a burned book. They decided to use violence.

If someone walked down the street wearing a satanic t-shirt, and a christian beat them to a pulp, is it their fault for wearing the shirt?

Old 04-01-2011, 05:59 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Can American killers now get out of jail on the grounds that someone somewhere was burning a book they didn't like? Or it is only Muslims who get to make such idiotic excuses for murder?

Old 04-01-2011, 06:00 PM

175 posts, read 302,518 times
Quote:
Amen!!!

I cannot believe anyone would blame the pastor for this barbaric act!!! Crazy (and cowardly too).

All you who misplace your anger by focusing on those who do things that stir up the Muslims -- you are playing directly into their hands. That is exactly the sort of cowering response they want you to have. Do you feel good about yourselves now?

Every time a Muslim commits a violent act, we should burn something even bigger of theirs, like a city. Then a country. Why piddle around with a stupid book?
Heh, well I hope I'm not one of those you are actually calling a coward since I was one of those who just said that people need to be aware of how their actions could create excuses for these kind of people to cause even further violence. Especially considering I'm someone who is going to be deploying there soon to potentially get in direct contact with these kind of people. I don't cower from them by any means, however I also don't see the point in doing things that will only instigate them when "you" aren't the ones having to deal with the fallout said actions could create unlike us troops and others who are actually over there.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:00 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post

LOL @ this being the pastor's fault.
Repugnant that you could find anything about this to laugh out loud about.

Last edited by Jill61; 04-01-2011 at 06:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies