Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do yo think is a fair tax rate for 250k+?
5% 12 32.43%
4% 1 2.70%
3% 2 5.41%
2% 0 0%
1% 4 10.81%
You get a 10% tax refund for income over 250k 3 8.11%
Tax rates stay the same for 250k, increase taxes on the poor 8 21.62%
Reduce taxes for 250k, increase taxes on the middle class 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:01 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When did our federal Government hire a fire department?

Fear monger!
I do like eating food that probably isn't going to kill me.

I like the post office.

I like the internet.

I like the fact that we have satellites.

Should I continue? The government does lots of things that I enjoy. Many things I don't, but nothing is perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 07:08 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,596 times
50% for those making 250K and more.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:17 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,843,220 times
I think a fair tax would be 20% for all income levels and businesses... no deductions, no credits, no losses, no whatever.... EVERYTHING that you made that year is taxed at 20% period... no funny calculations, paying overseas taxes don't count in the final figures, no business expenses, no minusing any losses, etc etc... NO LOOPHOLES... straight 20% of whatever you collected period...

Old 04-02-2011, 07:34 PM

1,013 posts, read 909,649 times
how about just sales tax on all luxury goods?

Food can be excluded for now. Since the liberals will cry. Let it be conservatives don't tax food, water, energy.

Note: liberals want to tax junk food though ironically and junk food is what the poor likes to buy.
Hello soda tax on can deposit + junk food tax right now.

Hello tax on tropicana punches not 100% fruit juice thus city tax on junk food. Sad more and more food that liberals think are not healthy will be taxed but thus is the scam system. But anyway so be it. I just have to buy them myself and make my own junk food. Kill the industries then good bye more people will go out of work.

Anyway just taxing consumption of luxury goods will be visible for all to see how much tax people are charged instead of having it hidden behind the scenes so we don't know or feel anything.

Also stop making stupid taxes and just charge one tax for all luxury goods. notice cell phone tax = many different taxes for no reason making the bill 5-20 dollars more than necessary? Blame the idiotic government.

Anyway there should be.

NO industry tax
NO value added tax
NO income tax
NO capital gains tax
NO tax on barter
No tax on silver/gold- Screw fiat money.
No tax on breathing- cap and tax- cap and trade - SCAM
NO tax on existing-

Charge as much luxury sales tax that will be necessary to function for everything that is needed.
Thus exempting food water shelter and energy.

PLUS. GOV IS FORBIDDEN FROM BORROWING MONEY.

All interest paid is future tax increases, that is all. If goc/citizens need something they will have to tax their own citizens. If they dont then they dont. Too bad. The citizens will just have to work and get what they want later instead of here and now. Them self serving ones can just stick it up themselves as they cant afford luxuries. How about save it themselves first then buy it.

Nothing comes for free. Something has to exist for you to spend after all.
DEBT = future theft.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:18 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When did our federal Government hire a fire department?

Fear monger!
dude, don't jump into someone conversation without knowing what you are talking about. Go back to post 63 and then read my reply at 75...

Stupidity spreader

Old 04-02-2011, 08:22 PM

well i guess you're screwed then, you put yourself in a position were you are being subsidized by government largess.

You are part of the problem, you come here [MOD CUT] about the cost of government as you suck at the teet of the IRS give-aways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Now I have a minute I can explain my stance.....

I have been working on my taxes.

My costs (or, deductions) were about 1.5 million.

Which my suppliers are also writing off some of the costs.

So let us say my costs would go up x's 4 if the suppliers were not taking deductions.

That would make my costs 6 million.

I had about 140 customers.

Look at the increase of cost for each customer.

Also I had depreciation deductions.

I buy equipment, this makes jobs.

That is what keeps the money moving.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-04-2011 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: bypassing the filter

Old 04-02-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think a fair tax would be 20% for all income levels and businesses... no deductions, no credits, no losses, no whatever.... EVERYTHING that you made that year is taxed at 20% period... no funny calculations, paying overseas taxes don't count in the final figures, no business expenses, no minusing any losses, etc etc... NO LOOPHOLES... straight 20% of whatever you collected period...
agreed, except something like 3 times the poverty level, based on family size, should not be taxed for ANYONE, rich and poor. Give everyone the basics without worrying about income taxes.

Do the same with SS, say 8% on all types of income, no income caps, no employer match, just the 8% from the earner.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:36 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
50% for those making 250K and more.

50% for the poor as well, 100% for politicians, 95% for all democrats as they like redistribution of wealth.

btw, no deductions for any of the above either, and no state or federal welfare.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:33 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
A sales tax on something I buy. Nothing else.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:36 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,169,121 times
Flat tax. Make the government learn to live on less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies