Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:30 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I don't do bumper stickers .. they are tacky and juvenile.

The last bumper sticker I had on my car was clear back in 1979 .. it said, "I Found It .. And Now My Finger Stinks"

Bumper stickers are for the social inept among us ..
My last one was also in 1979 and it said only "Bald is beautiful" and was beside my private tag that said "Baldy". I had so much fun driving and watching the response of many people when I tipped my head back for them when they were behind me and toward them when they passed. Sometimes I saw people grab the driver and point at me as both laughed their butts off.

If I had put on an OBAMA sticker here I would have been chased out of town. Very few here supported him, at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 09:51 PM

570 posts, read 882,649 times
I saw an O'bummer bumper sticker today... along with an american flag bumper sticker... the car was right in front of me for about a mile and a half before it turned into a bad neighborhood of town... don't worry, I kept my distance.

I didn't notice any traffic violations per say, but I did notice the driver threw out not 1, but 2 cigarette buds , WHILE DRIVING, with no consideration for the environment or other drivers..

I'm just glad it was afternoon time, if it was dark outside, the driver probably would've been throwing out glass beer bottles.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
I'm torn between these two:

Old 04-02-2011, 10:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmabteilung View Post
I like these 2

Oh, goody a new neo-Nazi refugee from Stormfront.

The Sturmabteilung (SA) (German pronunciation: [ˈʃtʊʁmʔapˌtaɪlʊŋ] ( listen); English: Storm Detachment; or English: Stormtroopers) functioned as a paramilitary organization of the Nazi Party. It played a key role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1920s and 1930s. SA men were often called "brownshirts" for the colour of their uniforms (similar to Benito Mussolini's blackshirts).

What was that about folks who opposing Obama being based purely on issues of policy?

Old 04-02-2011, 10:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
the last bumper sticker i put on a car said;

take responsibility for the things you say and do

other than that i have never put a bumper sticker on any car i owned.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:42 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times

x2

Old 04-03-2011, 03:19 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Could you express your (current) political creed in just two bumper stickers? Once in a while, I see a few cases who take this "Obama is Marxist" stuff really seriously to cover the rear of their car/truck with convoluted (and barely readable) expressions of the right wing paranoia. It just ticked me off, I don't take the circus too seriously to cover all my car in slogans, just 2 bumper stickers. I stumbled upon this website Liberty Stickers - Political Bumper Stickers - Custom Bumper Stickers Printed looking for Emma Goldman' astute saying "If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal" and I found this perfectly matching sticker there http://www.libertystickers.com/static/images/Same-**** (http://www.libertystickers.com/static/images/Same-****-diff-piles.gif - broken link)
-diff-piles.gif (http://www.libertystickers.com/static/images/Same-****-diff-piles.gif - broken link). 4 letter word in image name prevents direct linking to an image, so here it's:

These two just sum up my current "feelings". What are your 2 current favorites, if any.
Easy.

I used to have "Obama/Biden 2008," "Animals are friends, not food," and "Love your Mother" (with a picture of the earth) on my car.

Then I had a major shift in my beliefs and went with "Abortion stops a beating heart" and "Support the FairTax" as well as two Christian bumper stickers.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:23 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I dont do bumper stickers anymore. Im not one to want the attention.

I remember in 2008, I put a NOBAMA 2008 magnet on my truck. Looking back now, Im still in disbelief on how wacked everything seemed. Some of you WOULD believe the reactions I received. I live in CT so I think you understand partially why, but the Obama-fever was a nationwide thing. I had punk kids (late teens, college age) driving by and giving me the bird. Even when I had my parents with me who were up here to visit. Classy. But it wasnt just younger people who would give me hand signs or harsh words, it was also grown adults.

Im still stunned to this day, how as a society, so many fell under the spell. And it wasnt just THE PEOPLE, it was the news media and Hollywood. Truly sickening. Whats worse is that many of these same people cant even admit how wrong they were. They struggle to defend all the lies and deceit. They struggle and get desperate when trying to defend this administration. But they wont admit they were wrong and simply do nothing but attack, with mostly lies and falsehoods, the other side.

So no more bumper stickers for me. I dont want to put up with the liberal sheeps garbage or the people who really have no standards except what their favorite idiot celebs tell them to think.
I agree with you! Except I actually can admit how wrong I was. I also don't do bumper stickers anymore, as a business owner, I try to refrain from taking a public stance on political issues (online stuff doesn't count).

Old 04-03-2011, 03:28 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,241 times
I'd like a "Run Obama Run!" bumper sticker. It would also have a little stick-figure picture of me chasing Obama with my car, though.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:54 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Could you express your (current) political creed in just two bumper stickers? Once in a while, I see a few cases who take this "Obama is Marxist" stuff really seriously to cover the rear of their car/truck with convoluted (and barely readable) expressions of the right wing paranoia. It just ticked me off, I don't take the circus too seriously to cover all my car in slogans, just 2 bumper stickers. I stumbled upon this website Liberty Stickers - Political Bumper Stickers - Custom Bumper Stickers Printed looking for Emma Goldman' astute saying "If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal" and I found this perfectly matching sticker there http://www.libertystickers.com/static/images/Same-**** (http://www.libertystickers.com/static/images/Same-****-diff-piles.gif - broken link)
-diff-piles.gif (http://www.libertystickers.com/static/images/Same-****-diff-piles.gif - broken link). 4 letter word in image name prevents direct linking to an image, so here it's:

These two just sum up my current "feelings". What are your 2 current favorites, if any.
While I've have not had a bumper sticker on my car since 1968 or 69 (and that was a Capitan Beefheart"Safe as Milk") most at that site were pretty juvenile

I'd go with the "if voting changed anything..." or "There are more then two sides" from that website.

I'd also think something like "People Vote, Dollars Count"

or maybe, "If there was a god, (s)he wouldnt give a damn about either party"

would be pretty good.

Last edited by plannine; 04-03-2011 at 04:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies