Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support federal laws on marijuana?
Yes 2 3.03%
No 62 93.94%
Unsure 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:59 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,111,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Did you quit cold turkey? I tried using the lozenges, the gum, and even Smoke Away. I REFUSE to use Chantix, because of the side effects. I haven't tried the patch, because my luck, I'd forget that I'd have it on, light a cigarette, and my heart would explode, LOL! I would love to get an e-cigarette and try that. One of my coworkers has one, and he let me hit it, and it was like the real deal. I think I'll get one before the FDA tries to ban them, which I believe that they are.
In the end I never really quit, I just cut it down from a half pack a day to a half pack a year.

I still smoke one every once in a while, if I can bum one off someone in a bar. It doesn't seem to reactivate the addiction in me, or I just don't have a propensity for addiction. By the time I am done smoking 3/4 of it, I am re-disgusted and ready to not smoke one again for months or years.

I've got a little one now so I don't think I've had more than 2 or 3 cigarettes in the past three years.

I know two really addicted guys that got some kind of new anti-depressant medication specifically designed to help them quit, and evidently it really works. I can't recall the name though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 09:30 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,747,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
When you are dealing with a street dealer you have to hope they are not lacing the weed with drugs that help you along down the path. The only way weed is a "gateway" is when the dealer has something "better" for you and tricks you into moving up.

If weed was legal and controlled, lacing wouldn't occur, and using it as a tool to "deliver" other drugs would not be a problem. The use of these other drugs would likely go down and the consumption of brownies would go up.
You are absolutely right. I agree 150%!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies