Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 07:37 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I just read more about the voucher system. They propose that the government will help retirees by 15K in medical bills, and the rest is on the returee. This will make retirement synonymous with bankruptcy.
Somethings got to give. I don't think there is 15k to even give seniors and with all the abortion desensitizing everyone, as people get older I wouldn't be surprised if their grandchildren push for euthanasia as payback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 07:41 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
15k pays for two days in the hospital. Take up Christian Science because no one is going to be able to afford health care.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:43 PM

561 posts, read 505,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
They better give me what I have put in. After I get my share of the money I have put in for many many years the tea party can kill the poor as far as Im concerned.
THATS the attitude we need to get out of this mess. You must be so proud . . .

Old 04-03-2011, 07:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Farms would get subsidies so they don't sell the land for condos.

There are a number of bright people who believe the nation should maintain an ability to feed itself.
The old "that's different" excuse, I see!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

The old saying goes that “it all depends on whose ox is being gored.” Old sayings usually have a very strong element of truth in them as do the tales of the old wives. <snip> We love to hear sin condemned from the pulpit, as long as our ox is not being gored, meaning that our sin is not being condemned.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-03-2011 at 08:03 PM..

Old 04-03-2011, 07:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Medicare has already been slashed..$500 billion in Obamacare.
I didn't see anyone ranting on that cut.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Republicans are either rich or stupid.
I'm neither rich nor stupid, and I AM a registered republican.

Regardless of your party affiliation, if you fail to recognize the dire seriousness of our growing financial crisis, then you are not paying attention or you don't care. What's your excuse?

Old 04-03-2011, 07:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Medicare has already been slashed..$500 billion in Obamacare.
I didn't see anyone ranting on that cut.
Uh, wrong.

Does Obamacare really cut Medicare Benefits to Senior Citizens? - Rick Ungar - The Policy Page - Forbes

Among the many narratives injected into the public debate over health care reform, I find the most disturbing to be the notion that our senior citizens will experience cuts in their Medicare benefits as a result of Obamacare.

Despite the ‘doom and gloom’ predictions you may have heard, the proposed savings in Medicare are designed to come from two sources; (a) a crackdown on Medicare fraud, estimated to currently cost the federal government as much as $60 billion per year and (b) a reduction in what is paid to the Medicare Advantage programs offered by private insurance companies.

As you may be under the impression that the legislation will cut payments to physicians by 21% and institute draconian cuts in payments to hospitals, let’s set the record straight on this at the outset so we can dispose of this bit of disinformation.

Physicians have faced a 21% cut in payment from Medicare long before Obama became president and, thus, long before health care reform was more than a gleam in the eye of its proponents.

$500 Billion, LOL!

Old 04-03-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The reason many people I know vote Republican isn't fiscal, its social: abortion, planned parenthood, unions, gay marriage, etc.
You need to find a better class of friends

Old 04-03-2011, 08:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Its hard to care about gay marriage (yawn) if you have an elderly parent who needs healthcare and you realize all the money you are going to need, even WITH the current "private health insurance" which a person gets from work, and they still get 20 other bills in the mail. But, thats a reality issue. No one faces it til it happens to them.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:10 PM

Default Hey !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
In my opinion the problem isnt with the GOP but with both the GOP and the DNC and we get screwed. Wake up!
We only allow finger pointing around here. That sort of conciliatory language could lead to compromise and the next thing you know we'll have a solution.

If you can't offer some viscious, juvinile, hurtful, nonsensical slurs, then find another thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies