Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:13 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The question itself is of little consequence, based on recent events.

Although much of what Ron Paul has prescribed over the years was a far more sound version of economic and foreign policy .. his many years in congress produced few tangible results, blocked by his own party leadership as frequently as he was opposed by the demorats.

Even though I've kept these thoughts private, I had grown suspicious of his "schtick" in recent years, particularly given his insistence on remaining in the Republican party come hell or high water ... as if he would be able to affect some guiding influence in this orgy of capital hill corruption. I always thought such ideas were foolishly naive, but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, due in no small measure to the total absence of a viable alternative.

But now, after several recent events .... such as Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney ... and Ron Paul's call for his supporters to "behave respectfully" (while the primaries were being fraudulently manipulated, and his own delegates being physically assaulted by security police at these republican events) I feel comfortable enough now to say that I think Ron Paul, and his son Rand, are total frauds! That's right, just pure controlled opposition ... just political carrots of false hope dangled in front of the constitutional/patriot types to keep stringing them along and keeping them in the fold, rather than watch them abandon the party, as they surely would have done years ago.

You judge a tree by it's fruit, and not promises, and even though the rhetoric matched the voting record, the tree bore no real fruit ... just ideas and hope, never fulfilled. So now the Pauls ask all of their supporters to get behind Romney .... who is just as much a banker/wall street shill as is Obama .... owned and controlled by the same criminals, and the reality couldn't be more clear. It's just the latest incarnation of the false left-right paradigm, with Ron passing the baton to his son Rand.

Truth be told, Ron and Rand Paul might even be more disgusting to me now than either Obama or Romney. So many concerned Americans really rallied behind the Pauls ... only to be spit on, however slyly and politely, in the end. I say F -Ron and Rand Paul, and let them share adjoining cells with the rest of that gaggle of crooks residing in the District of Criminals, if and when constitutional government is ever restored.

Benedict Arnold II and III can pucker up and kiss my behind.
LMAO You are against Ron Paul because he displays integrity and doesn't want to run your life??? You are against Ron Paul because he votes to decrease taxes and walks the walk. Having low standards and excepting failure from the ones you vote into office is your fault, not his. He's not a control freak that wants to control others actions.
But since you back the ones who destroyed the economy and put us in endless wars in the Middle East it is somehow Ron Pauls fault for not convincing them to use logic and common sense? Why don't you believe in personal responsibility and don't want to blame the ones who make poor decisions?
Since when has Ron Paul voted against the constitution and the authority it gives him? It's time to put the blame on the ones who, through their actions, have sent us down the road to destruction. The fault lies with the ones who continue to vote in the same destructive policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 03:51 AM

3,523 posts, read 3,728,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The question itself is of little consequence, based on recent events.

Although much of what Ron Paul has prescribed over the years was a far more sound version of economic and foreign policy .. his many years in congress produced few tangible results, blocked by his own party leadership as frequently as he was opposed by the demorats.

Even though I've kept these thoughts private, I had grown suspicious of his "schtick" in recent years, particularly given his insistence on remaining in the Republican party come hell or high water ... as if he would be able to affect some guiding influence in this orgy of capital hill corruption. I always thought such ideas were foolishly naive, but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, due in no small measure to the total absence of a viable alternative.

But now, after several recent events .... such as Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney ... and Ron Paul's call for his supporters to "behave respectfully" (while the primaries were being fraudulently manipulated, and his own delegates being physically assaulted by security police at these republican events) I feel comfortable enough now to say that I think Ron Paul, and his son Rand, are total frauds! That's right, just pure controlled opposition ... just political carrots of false hope dangled in front of the constitutional/patriot types to keep stringing them along and keeping them in the fold, rather than watch them abandon the party, as they surely would have done years ago.

You judge a tree by it's fruit, and not promises, and even though the rhetoric matched the voting record, the tree bore no real fruit ... just ideas and hope, never fulfilled. So now the Pauls ask all of their supporters to get behind Romney .... who is just as much a banker/wall street shill as is Obama .... owned and controlled by the same criminals, and the reality couldn't be more clear. It's just the latest incarnation of the false left-right paradigm, with Ron passing the baton to his son Rand.

Truth be told, Ron and Rand Paul might even be more disgusting to me now than either Obama or Romney. So many concerned Americans really rallied behind the Pauls ... only to be spit on, however slyly and politely, in the end. I say F -Ron and Rand Paul, and let them share adjoining cells with the rest of that gaggle of crooks residing in the District of Criminals, if and when constitutional government is ever restored.

Benedict Arnold II and III can pucker up and kiss my behind.
He had to run as part of the Republican party for a lot of reasons, much because of how election law is set up. I elaborate on some of that here: //www.city-data.com/forum/elect...decided-2.html. Ron Paul voted against the Ryan Plan as well because it doesn't cut enough. Some of the reasons he aligned with the Republicans is because it allowed him a better chance at getting his voice heard and increased his ability to get elected enough to even make an attempt at changing things. The reality is that he has been ineffective because of the electorate at large, much of whom are unaware of how their own government functions, so they keep electing leaders that make promises they never intend to keep. My opinions of him have not changed. It's too bad he won't be POTUS. Respectfully, I believe some of your views on Ron Paul are just frustration of the current situation in politics, and for that, I understand, but you also have to weigh some of his decisions as a matter of political survival in order to continue to serve the people, which is, of course, the point of government.

Last edited by Free-R; 08-29-2012 at 04:00 AM..

Old 11-17-2014, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 634 times
That's so sad that someone could think that in order to have free trade, we have to have a bill explaining it! By the same token, I guess freedom of religion requires a thousand-page bill explaining all the ways we're allowed to worship. Ron Paul wants the federal government OUT of these areas where they have no business legislating. We would do well to send as many reps to congress as possible who will likewise vote NO on as much legislation as possible. We need fewer laws, not more!!

Old 11-17-2014, 03:24 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,432 times
Used to like him around 07-09, but now
I think he is a kook and a political outsider whose views are not always practical. At least in the real world. I hate his son though.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:45 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Used to like him around 07-09, but now
I think he is a kook and a political outsider whose views are not always practical. At least in the real world. I hate his son though.
Which is strange since his views have not changed.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:30 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
When I was younger I was all for him. In many ways I still am. But I recognized that his solutions followed his belief of the constitution, which didn't always follow what everyone else thought. I thought he would make an interesting president......if there was a house and senate to keep him in check.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:42 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Since he burst upon the American consciousness, Dr. Ron Paul has generated both derisive laughter and undying loyalty.

Have his pre-crash predictions about the "coming American economic catastrophe" changed your opinion of him?

Freakishly accurate :

YouTube - Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions Come True

YouTube - Ron Paul Predicted The Economic Crisis
My opinion never wavered, he was and still is the best man for the job!

Old 11-18-2014, 04:46 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
My opinion never wavered, he was and still is the best man for the job!
Yes, he was the best man for the job. Too bad the apple fell on a hill and rolled a mile from the tree.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Which is strange since his views have not changed.
Exactly, others have changed to suit their own agenda, Paul never waivered, but it makes it look like he did because the others did, get it? People are just too stupid to follow.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, he was the best man for the job. Too bad the apple fell on a hill and rolled a mile from the tree.
Not so much, Rand learned from Dads mistakes and knows what he has to do to get things accomplished, he is not that far off base from Dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies