Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:26 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
H. Ross Perot: The Original Ron Paul...

YouTube - NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993
This video is awesome...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 01:33 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
I Remeber in the very earlet GOP primary Sarah plain Bus trip and if she would run was bigger news than Ron Paul on all the news major networks.

I mean a Ron Paul Sarah palin live debate in the GOP primary would of been awsome and I bet john McCain would loved to watch it hapen since she prety much Ruined anychance he had of getting elected.

For Liberty Re-cut - Ron Paul 2012 Handout DVD HD - YouTube
I mean the person who actually talks about giving back our freedoms not taking them away.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Since he burst upon the American consciousness, Dr. Ron Paul has generated both derisive laughter and undying loyalty.

Have his pre-crash predictions about the "coming American economic catastrophe" changed your opinion of him?

Freakishly accurate :

YouTube - Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions Come True

YouTube - Ron Paul Predicted The Economic Crisis
Opinion changed, yes, when he first burst onto the National sceen I thought he had some good ideas, and I still agree with some of his ideas, but when I looked at all his ideas I realized he was not the man to lead this Nation, as did the vast majority of voters.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:21 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Since he burst upon the American consciousness, Dr. Ron Paul has generated both derisive laughter and undying loyalty.

Have his pre-crash predictions about the "coming American economic catastrophe" changed your opinion of him?

Freakishly accurate :

YouTube - Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions Come True

YouTube - Ron Paul Predicted The Economic Crisis
Yes, my opinion of Rep. Paul has changed 180 degrees. Eight years ago when I first heard him in the Presidential debates I thought he was a complete wackaloon. Four years ago my opinion still has not changed.

The past two years I have sutdied Dr. Ron Paul's economic and Constitutional positions and find how wrong I was in my own understanding of economics, the role of government, and of the foundations of liberty in our Constitution.

The man is brilliant, humble, and a true statesman who cares more about his country than himself. I wish other people could see what I see. This country has missed a great opportunity by largely misunderstanding and/or dismissing Ron Paul.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Has your opinion of Ron Paul changed in the last 4 years.

Nope.

Once a kook, always a kook.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:33 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Voted for Paul in "88. Actually, he has gotten more conservative on social issues since becoming a Republican.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:33 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There have been many conservative candidates that everyone laughed at for saying somethings, only to find out too late, they were very right.

Ross Perot comes to mind.
"You will hear the sound of jobs being sucked from the USA"

Guess what????
Ross Perot and Ron Paul give the same lesson: listen and learn now, or pay the price--and it will be BAD.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:24 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
The question itself is of little consequence, based on recent events.

Although much of what Ron Paul has prescribed over the years was a far more sound version of economic and foreign policy .. his many years in congress produced few tangible results, blocked by his own party leadership as frequently as he was opposed by the demorats.

Even though I've kept these thoughts private, I had grown suspicious of his "schtick" in recent years, particularly given his insistence on remaining in the Republican party come hell or high water ... as if he would be able to affect some guiding influence in this orgy of capital hill corruption. I always thought such ideas were foolishly naive, but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, due in no small measure to the total absence of a viable alternative.

But now, after several recent events .... such as Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney ... and Ron Paul's call for his supporters to "behave respectfully" (while the primaries were being fraudulently manipulated, and his own delegates being physically assaulted by security police at these republican events) I feel comfortable enough now to say that I think Ron Paul, and his son Rand, are total frauds! That's right, just pure controlled opposition ... just political carrots of false hope dangled in front of the constitutional/patriot types to keep stringing them along and keeping them in the fold, rather than watch them abandon the party, as they surely would have done years ago.

You judge a tree by it's fruit, and not promises, and even though the rhetoric matched the voting record, the tree bore no real fruit ... just ideas and hope, never fulfilled. So now the Pauls ask all of their supporters to get behind Romney .... who is just as much a banker/wall street shill as is Obama .... owned and controlled by the same criminals, and the reality couldn't be more clear. It's just the latest incarnation of the false left-right paradigm, with Ron passing the baton to his son Rand.

Truth be told, Ron and Rand Paul might even be more disgusting to me now than either Obama or Romney. So many concerned Americans really rallied behind the Pauls ... only to be spit on, however slyly and politely, in the end. I say F -Ron and Rand Paul, and let them share adjoining cells with the rest of that gaggle of crooks residing in the District of Criminals, if and when constitutional government is ever restored.

Benedict Arnold II and III can pucker up and kiss my behind.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I always did like him. Not only is he correct on fiscal issues (we should have listened to him years ago, we are too far gone now). I agreed with him about Iraq and not going to war against countries who are not a direct threat.

He was the genuine "change" candidate in 2008. Obama's "hope and change" was phony..it is status quo and establishment all the way.
True, and I would vote for him again.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Has your opinion of Ron Paul changed in the last 4 years.

Nope.

Once a kook, always a kook.
Was he a kook when he told us our foreign policy of invade and occupy would make us less safe? He was right.
Was he a kook when he told us manipulating the housing market would cause our economic downfall? He was right.

He's not the kook here.
The kooks are the ones who think doing the same thing over and over again will yield different results.

Lets put liars in office like the last two. Broken Promises and going back on their word mean nothing right? Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies