Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,202,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Yes, he is black. And white. Your (black) ancestors helped make it so, by selling black Africans to whites along the coast. Deal with it.
I'm referring to the "one drop rule". Africans had NOTHING to do with that...get educated before you get defensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,241,919 times
I find it curious, and funny that one of C-Ds most conservative poster started a thread on Obama's ethnicity. Why? Because the ilk of the right scream like banshees that they dislike Obama, not because he is Black, but because of his idealogy.

Funny way of showing it. Face it. He looks Black to you. You see him as a Black man, and you may hate his political ideology, but add in that he's also a black man with an ideology and the hate goes viral. Oh dear God, all the descendents of illegal immigrants can't get over that an old, pasty faced White man isn't in the "White" House.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,953,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Wow, just another leftist wants to parrot the white privilege line. That's a whole different topic. First, all of those whites that believed in the 1 drop rule were wrong. Why science is so hard for you to comprehend speaks to your lack of intelligence, or rather, your brainwashing in leftist politics. The truth is, is that if you are of mixed race, you are ...wait for it...mixed race. And yes, that includes many whites. I can't speak for all of them, because I am an individual white man.

You do know, don't you, that not all whites are the same person, don't you?
LOL!!!...you are dim witted in a funny sort of way.
Wow just another white person who wants to deny the obvious privilege of being white, and hasn't the intellect to understand why it's relevant to this topic.

It's obvious from your attempt to post a rebuttal that you are out of your depth, go back and read my post SLOWLY then bring up issues of race and society in America as framed by white folk, or does the conservative lack of intellectual honesty prohibit you from admitting that unpleasant fact.

By the way I'm a Black Man with mixed blood, unlike some white folk, I don't pass off the lie that no other blood lines are present in mine.

You are a white male?, LOL, sure you are!! one hundred percent right??..

Speaking the truth...LOL!!!!

Last edited by reconmark; 04-13-2011 at 09:51 AM..

Old 04-13-2011, 10:45 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,293,637 times
Lets try to be civil about a stupid subject.

President Obama self identifies himself as being black and is viewed that way by the majority of the American people. Now, biologically he is bi-racial like the vast number of black Americans in this country.

If someone can please explain to me why there is such a big debate over the subject?

Old 04-13-2011, 11:04 AM

54 posts, read 61,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
So Democrats will only vote for blacks?
Stupid. Every black knows he is bi-racial. And most blacks are bi-racial also. I am Native American but has black and white ancestors. I check what ever benefits me at the time. I checked white only once in order to get an apartment. Check Chickasaw when I want a govenment check. Check black when I am in the hood.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:07 AM

54 posts, read 61,355 times
"One Drop of Blood,"

by Lawrence Wright

"One Drop of Blood", by Lawrence Wright

Old 04-13-2011, 11:31 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,953,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Lets try to be civil about a stupid subject.

President Obama self identifies himself as being black and is viewed that way by the majority of the American people. Now, biologically he is bi-racial like the vast number of black Americans in this country.

If someone can please explain to me why there is such a big debate over the subject?
You are absolutely correct, my apologies !!!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 01:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,293,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eelezah1288 View Post
Stupid. Every black knows he is bi-racial. And most blacks are bi-racial also. I am Native American but has black and white ancestors. I check what ever benefits me at the time. I checked white only once in order to get an apartment. Check Chickasaw when I want a govenment check. Check black when I am in the hood.
Funny thing about it is that depending where you go, everyone will label you as being black (dominate physical trait)

Old 04-13-2011, 06:00 PM

785 posts, read 618,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm referring to the "one drop rule". Africans had NOTHING to do with that...get educated before you get defensive.

YOU:
Wow...now I've heard it all. LMAO....Really sad how some folks are just SWIMMING in denial. Obama is Black...deal with it. And don't blame me for feeling this way.....your (White) ancestors made it so.

ME:
Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about, the "one drop rule". Africans had nothing to do with that is correct, which also has nothing to do with your comment I was commenting on, or my rebuttal. I said a statement of fact: Barack Obama is both Black and White. Unless, of course, you care to deny that? Your comments about getting educated are off, considering that you rushed to assumptions about my knowledge base. You also avoided the direct statement of fact about his race. Direct challenge to you: show me where I denied he was black? I stated he was. Its worth noting you avoided my statement about the origins of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. I know though, you need to misrepresent your opponents argument, because yours is so lacking.

Last edited by speakingtruth; 04-13-2011 at 06:36 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 06:07 PM

785 posts, read 618,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Some Africans were sold by other Africans and many more were simply kidnapped in order to cut out the middle man. How can you state that Obama's ancestors were sold rather than kidnapped??..why were whites kidnapping Africans??..white people were not forced to buy and steal people, they just did what came natural.

Deal with it!!
AAAHH AHAHAHA!

Whites kidnapped Africans for profit, just like Afriacans kidnapped Africans for profit Follow along now, ok? Also, I mirrored a comment about ALL white ancestors being responsible for Barack's mixed heritage, so i responded in kind. Logically, it is the same, as Africans started and were partners in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. For those more intelligent, they would have understood that.

More and more Americans are becoming aware of the true history of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade (I differentiate it from the numerous other slave trades that happened and are still happening in history, ahem, Darfur). More Americans are also more willing to speak out on it.

Deal With It!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies