Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 AM

785 posts, read 619,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
This is a weird little system we got going..

Some whites started out by calling blacks n!ggers to degrade and demoralize..Now, some blacks today use it as a form of camaraderie (though I don't agree with it) and some whites yell "Wait.....we started that...now you guys are using it...we want it back!"

Whites started the "one drop rule"...Now some blacks today are saying "I accept that...If my Dad/Mom is black, I'm black!". Now some whites are yelling "Wait, you're turning this positive.....we want to strike the whole one drop rule thing from the record!".

Some folks can't stand when others turn their negative bigotry into a positive form of empowerment.

If the rules change, then I need to refill out all of my forms/surveys/applications, etc. Didn't realize I should've been checking multi-racial all this time. If Blacks whose ancestors were slaves in the US did this, the multi-racial population in the US would be through the roof! I wonder why there's no outcry about the MILLIONS of blacks who are inaccurately labeling themselves black, when they are in fact multi-racial? And why don't so many whites do the same?
ahh....you again. The one drop rule debate is simple. It's a matter of science. One white parent, one black parent, equal one half of each. Thats science and math. The social construct is actually irrelevant to that side of the debate.

Furthermore, I hate to break it to you, but this debate involves...are you ready for it? MORE THAN JUST THE FEELINGS OF BLACKS! It also involves whites. For a Black person to deny their White side is RACIST AGAINST WHITES.

Me thinks you need to open your mind to more diversity, and grow up a bit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 09:06 AM

785 posts, read 619,251 times
[quote=simetime;18744776]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
According to one of my links,the death toll wasn't that high,in fact the mortality rate of the sailors and crew was higher than the mortality rate of the slaves...interesting huh?

I have to question your links, simply based on common sense. If there are 40 crewmen on a ship carrying over a hundred slaves bound together like sardines inhaling feces/urine/menses from women and not being fed properly, don't you think that there would be more african casualities from the voyage than crew members who had a least the luxury of fresh air? Oh yeah, did your sources report that the dying/sick slaves were thrown over board to the sharks? They were not counted.

Wrong,one of my links addresses this fable.

They knew what was happening.

Thats interesting that they KNEW what was going to happen across the sea and through the future

No, moron, they knew what they were doing in front of their face!

They also knew the nature of slavery, all that it entailed, AND WERE ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN MURDER TO SUPPRESS REBELLION! What, you thought the African slaves went willingly? They were captured by force by the Africans whose actions you are now trying to minimize! When they acted up, common sense and history of course recording it, reveals the great loss of life to make sure they couldn't get away. Hence, the whole capture thingy.

Wow...epic fail man, but try again!

Old 04-17-2011, 10:14 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
But its not more different.

Obama was raised by his White side not his Black side. In theory he should identify himself as a White man trapped inside a Black mans body, but thats not the case here. He has even called himself a "mutt" on numerous occasions.

The biased Liberal media would love to brainwash the public into thinking he's all Black though.

Obama is not our first Black president as some people claim.

Theory and living in the real world are two different things. Being raised by Whtie American grandparents didn't stop Barack Obama from getting called a n*gg*r.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Of course the black men aren't sweating it. They're dating some very obese white women instead.
I'll remember that the next time I see Seal with Heidi Klum, and Ellen Pompeo the star to "Grey's Anatomy" with her husband.

Quote:
Educated black women are branching out and dating non-black men.
I have absolutely no problem with that. Let them branch out all they want.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:44 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Theory and living in the real world are two different things. Being raised by Whtie American grandparents didn't stop Barack Obama from getting called a n*gg*r.
Black people call themselves that word all the time.

Riddle me this...Why is it ok for a Black person to refer to a White person as "White boy" or "White girl" or "White folks"?

Imagine if I said "Hey Black boy, come here a second" I gotta tell you something.

Oh no it would be RACIST!

Old 04-17-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why do you still hang onto something from the past like that?
Choclat is NOT by herself by a long shot. Many Americans both Black and White still apply the one drop rule.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:50 AM

146 posts, read 250,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Definately. My step-brother is biracial and claims his grandparents never let him in the house as a child. A lot of biracial people have told me similar stories where they are pretty much forced to identify more with their black side because that was where they found acceptance within our society. It's tragic that someone is made to feel they have to "choose" but that's the society we live in. Black people have no problem recognizing Obama as biracial but identifying with him as a black man. Although most white people may accept him as an individual in the same way they accept Condi, Clarence Thomas, or their "black" friends. Very few identify with him as one of their own.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Do you honestly believe this bullcrap you just wrote...you are really a dim wit!!!...Africans STARTED the Trans Atlantic slave trade.

Wow, those ships they built sure look like European ships to me and most intelligent folk!!

Please just stop, no more. Go do your homework for school tomorrow.
Europeans i.e. the Dutch and Portuguese started the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

At no time did any African tribe or nation directly export slaves directly to the Caribbean, or South, Central or North America. Where African tribes involved in the slave trade in terms of directly supplying Europeans with slaves? Sure. But if there was no demand for slave labor in the Americas there would not have been a "Trans-Atlantic" slave trade.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
[quote=speakingtruth;18765061]
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

No, moron, they knew what they were doing in front of their face!

They also knew the nature of slavery, all that it entailed, AND WERE ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN MURDER TO SUPPRESS REBELLION! What, you thought the African slaves went willingly? They were captured by force by the Africans whose actions you are now trying to minimize! When they acted up, common sense and history of course recording it, reveals the great loss of life to make sure they couldn't get away. Hence, the whole capture thingy.

Wow...epic fail man, but try again!

I like when some white person who is trying to pretend that slavery is the blacks fault and absolve the horrific treatment that was dished out by their ancestors in order to make them feel good. News flash "I'M NOT THE ONE!" If I beat the crap out someone today, how in the @#$@#$! could I know the repercussions on that person's family and children some two to three generations later?
Hey bright guy, read my post again. Slavery existed throughout history American slavery was the most brutal form that has ever existed and the affects are still being felt even today! So AGAIN, how could the Africans at that time know what the Europeans were going to do with the slaves once they left Africa?

And as far as history, whose history are you talking about? Your HIS-STORY or the events that actually happened. Tell me what did you learn in your school about blacks in America? How many things did they invent? What other contributions did they make to the development of this country? I bet that you could not tell me either without looking it up. But yet you are an "expert" on something that you may have read in passing and trying to pass it off as the truth

According to YOUR his-story blacks and native americans were savages and need to be "civilized" by the Europeans. You see how that is working out globally.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:28 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Black people call themselves that word all the time.

Riddle me this...Why is it ok for a Black person to refer to a White person as "White boy" or "White girl" or "White folks"?

Imagine if I said "Hey Black boy, come here a second" I gotta tell you something.

Oh no it would be RACIST!
Hey Matt, one question. What racial slur can a person of color say to a white person and get them ready to fight? Hmmm, I'll wait.....(theme to jeopardy playing) Times up! Thats right there is none! Because when you are in the seat of power nothing can really affect you. Blacks been called n*gg*r from day one and the term itself is used to describe a lazy ignorant person. I have even heard some good ol boys refer to middle easterners as sand n*gg*rs! So what does that tell you?

Don't get me wrong it is still a racist remark, but before we as a people can be able to call folks by their outward appearance and not appear racist we have to mend this country's racist past
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies