Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,050 posts, read 3,962,697 times
Reputation: 2107

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Did you read the link?
It was quite interesting.


Without Africans,there would have been no slave trade really....

Just think,90% of the slaves were enslaved by other black Africans,terrible isn't it?
Again you are attempting to dodge the question!!!...Did Africans START the Trans-Atlantic slave trade??? Yes or No...can you be intellectually honest??!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,050 posts, read 3,962,697 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
wow, you managed to get through another post AND DIDN'T WHATSOEVER ADDRESS MY COMMENTS TO YOU. You really are out of your league. You're still not smart enough to realize you're still using a racist, scientifically incorrect manner of racial classifiaction (the one drop rule).

Please please please, keep posting! you are doing your side more harm than good and you don't even know it! HAHA!
I'll gladly keep posting, because your denial and failure to respond honestly and accurately really only re-enforces what you all do best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:17 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,567 posts, read 21,886,336 times
Reputation: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Again you are attempting to dodge the question!!!...Did Africans START the Trans-Atlantic slave trade??? Yes or No...can you be intellectually honest??!!
No the Portuguese did the shipping, African nations collected the slaves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:18 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,896 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Please cut the silliness, this whole convoluted argument of multi-race identity is a context initiated by a group of people who call 99% of black people, black; and now all of a sudden want the President to be identified as something else!!
In short you are nothing but another white person who feels they have the "Moral" standing as to what black people will call themselves.

Why should anyone be surprised, new century and the same ideas!!
Again, your posts are nothing but racist rants. You avoid questions asked of you because you know the answer will slay your argument. Whites are not one and the same. There is a variety within the white population, just as there is within the black population. Furthermore, it is beyond ignorant for you to describe whites today the same as they existed in the past. I do have a moral standing to say whatever I want, and that you cannot control me is driving your racist ass bat insane, in front of an entire message board, mind you.

You also don't address the fact that you are STILL letting the racist whites from the past define you. You rail against them...but them adopt and furthermore DEFEND their own arguments.

Keep posting, as moderate whites see what black racism looks like. Moderate blacks must be reading your posts and wincing. I would.

Oh, your words would carry more weight if you would address questions directed to you. To avoid them gives the impression you have no answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:19 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,896 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I'll gladly keep posting, because your denial and failure to respond honestly and accurately really only re-enforces what you all do best.
Actually, I've addressed your questions/comments. That you've lost the argument and throw a racist fit about it is no one's deal but your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:21 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,896 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Please cut the Perry Mason antics, you're a failure!!

The question was simple enough for even you to answer..Did Africans START the Trans-Atlantic slave trade as you stated??!!

Of course they did not, cut the partner b.s. that wasn't the question!!
I've answered it. Can you not retain info?

Oh, so...were Africans NOT willing partners in the slave trade? Answer honestly now. Keep in mind, a training wheels hint for you...its historically established that Africans captured other Africans and sold them to whites at the coast.

Your response, sir?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:22 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,896 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I'll gladly keep posting, because your denial and failure to respond honestly and accurately really only re-enforces what you all do best.

Oh, can you define a bit more what you mean by "you all"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,050 posts, read 3,962,697 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Again, your posts are nothing but racist rants. You avoid questions asked of you because you know the answer will slay your argument. Whites are not one and the same. There is a variety within the white population, just as there is within the black population. Furthermore, it is beyond ignorant for you to describe whites today the same as they existed in the past. I do have a moral standing to say whatever I want, and that you cannot control me is driving your racist ass bat insane, in front of an entire message board, mind you.

You also don't address the fact that you are STILL letting the racist whites from the past define you. You rail against them...but them adopt and furthermore DEFEND their own arguments.

Keep posting, as moderate whites see what black racism looks like. Moderate blacks must be reading your posts and wincing. I would.

Oh, your words would carry more weight if you would address questions directed to you. To avoid them gives the impression you have no answer.
Thanks for telling us how we should feel...gee why does that seem all to familiar??

Oh yeah, just the average way some people think about other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:23 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,896 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Oh, can you define a bit more what you mean by "you all"?
and I'm out for the night! This white dude works hard for the money!

Oh, Recon...take a pill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Metro DC area
4,520 posts, read 4,212,721 times
Reputation: 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why do you still hang onto something from the past like that?
What exactly am I hanging onto? I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. I have no dog in this fight. Obama can identify the way he wants...why is that so hard to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top