Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 04:01 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

Do you know any European Blacks?
Not anymore,I had met a few when I lived there.

Quote:
How about the ones that have been systematically defrancished for generations?
I knew a few Islanders,older guy in particular probably was at some point.
Quote:
When you do please come back to this forum and lets talk about it, until then you should be content in learning something that you obviously don't know anything about.
Whoopsy,you have been shown to be wrong....

Quote:
Better yet why don't you look up some black european history and pull up stuff like this that has happened in THIS COUNTRY:

[SIZE=3]Raciality.com - and Brutality: Lynching Black People - Hanging ...[/SIZE]
Slaves had it worse other places,your need to somehow think it was worse here is odd considering the facts.

Speaking of facts,you 'forgot' to post any supporting your position that slavery here was the most brutal in history..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 06:00 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,914,446 times
I think Obama said it right when he said if you didn't vote for him it's because you disagreed with his stand on the issues, not because of his race.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:31 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its actually 6.8% and you had a math fail, you did .5%, not 5%, the number in the 2010 census was 48,679
35,650 Hispanics in Detroit.

More than that come across our Texas border each year.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
35,650 Hispanics in Detroit.

More than that come across our Texas border each year.
I'm not denying that, simply stating that your initial math skills were a great big epic fail, and to top it off its no longer 5%, its 6.8%, and the number is 48,679.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well you know,as you aren't white your opinion on white matters are unimportant....
I don't stick my nose in the business of white folks. So, you're right.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
What color are Catholics?

Or Muslims?

There is no nation called Catholic...or Muslim. Even though most Catholics are white. And outside of Indonesia and parts of Sub Saharan Africa, most Muslims are white too.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:44 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
I"d vote, but you failed to include "I don't care what his race is" amongst the choices. Only the ignorant care. I care about policy choices and personal beliefs interaction with them.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Well...nothing personal but you aren't from here either....

Doesn't mean I can't call a spade a spade....

Well you DO state quite often that I am not from here....

And why would I tell you to go back to Africa,You aren't African,you are an American,just like me.

Although of course you are an accident of birth,I made a conscious choice.
Not taken personally. But i am from here.

And yea, i do state quite often that you aren't from here because as much as i object to the opinions of outsiders trying to tell blacks what to do, i especially object to foreign born people doing it even moreso.

As for the Africa thing....well, i am African-American. Don't know about the American "just like me" stuff. Somehow, i don't think you believe that. Not even a little bit.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Not anymore,I had met a few when I lived there.

I knew a few Islanders,older guy in particular probably was at some point.

Whoopsy,you have been shown to be wrong....

Slaves had it worse other places,your need to somehow think it was worse here is odd considering the facts.

Speaking of facts,you 'forgot' to post any supporting your position that slavery here was the most brutal in history..
Why should it matter that slaves had it worse elsewhere. We aren't elsewhere....we're HERE. Slavery is slavery.

Amazing. "Hey black folks...slavery wasn't so bad. In fact it was pretty good...considering that it was worse in other places."

Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
Tiger Woods was criticized when he accurately labeled himself a "Cablanasian" to account for his multiple racial lineage. Because Tiger appears more Black than any other race, many African Americans felt like he was selling out and afraid to claim being Black. Nevermind the fact that Tiger is indeed multiracial and that he is more Asian (Thai) than he is Black or any other race.

Had Obama claimed he was multiracial instead of Black, he would have been similarly criticized as Tiger Woods was for trying to evade his Black ancestry.

In other words, Obama can't win. Now that he claimed he is Black, you have people criticizing him for failing to account for his multiracial background and selling out for politics. It just shows how petty and small minded people are. If someone doesn't like Obama, they will find a way to justify their dislike for him.

I'm not a fan of Obama. He deserves criticism for some of his decisions. However, criticize Obama for relevant issues and not petty grade school issues like this. Some of you have nothing better to do with your time than get mad at Obama for failing to say he is multiracial instead of Black. Seriously, is your life that empty that you have nothing better to do with your time than criticize Obama for this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies