Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2011, 08:26 AM
 
270 posts, read 199,785 times
Reputation: 141

Advertisements

Having said that--I certainly believe he is biracial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 PM
 
785 posts, read 621,228 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Europeans i.e. the Dutch and Portuguese started the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

At no time did any African tribe or nation directly export slaves directly to the Caribbean, or South, Central or North America. Where African tribes involved in the slave trade in terms of directly supplying Europeans with slaves? Sure. But if there was no demand for slave labor in the Americas there would not have been a "Trans-Atlantic" slave trade.
They started the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade by creating the trade in Africa, which the Europeans expanded. The Europeans became the customers of a trade that existed long before Europeans entered Africa. Your pathetic attempt to switch the timeline shows both your immorality and the weakness of your argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 10:03 PM
 
785 posts, read 621,228 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
If his mother and grandmother are white, he is at least half white, right? Has he ever denied that they were white? In that case does he need to go around declaring himself to be multiracial? I guess he expects that the American populace is intelligent enough to figure that out - guess he was wrong.
Actually, by not marking "Multi-Racial", he is denying his whiteness. I thought most Americans, or posters on this board, would have figured that out. Guess not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 10:16 PM
 
785 posts, read 621,228 times
Reputation: 243
[quote=simetime;18767050]
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post

I like when some white person who is trying to pretend that slavery is the blacks fault and absolve the horrific treatment that was dished out by their ancestors in order to make them feel good. News flash "I'M NOT THE ONE!" If I beat the crap out someone today, how in the @#$@#$! could I know the repercussions on that person's family and children some two to three generations later?
Hey bright guy, read my post again. Slavery existed throughout history American slavery was the most brutal form that has ever existed and the affects are still being felt even today! So AGAIN, how could the Africans at that time know what the Europeans were going to do with the slaves once they left Africa?

And as far as history, whose history are you talking about? Your HIS-STORY or the events that actually happened. Tell me what did you learn in your school about blacks in America? How many things did they invent? What other contributions did they make to the development of this country? I bet that you could not tell me either without looking it up. But yet you are an "expert" on something that you may have read in passing and trying to pass it off as the truth

According to YOUR his-story blacks and native americans were savages and need to be "civilized" by the Europeans. You see how that is working out globally.
YOU:
I like when some white person who is trying to pretend that slavery is the blacks fault and absolve the horrific treatment that was dished out by their ancestors in order to make them feel good.
ME:
Makes them feel good? Who does it make feel good? can you provide qoutes or evidence...or are you making this up, or maybe judging all white people as if they were the same?

You:
News flash "I'M NOT THE ONE!" If I beat the crap out someone today, how in the @#$@#$! could I know the repercussions on that person's family and children some two to three generations later?
Hey bright guy, read my post again. Slavery existed throughout history American slavery was the most brutal form that has ever existed and the affects are still being felt even today! So AGAIN, how could the Africans at that time know what the Europeans were going to do with the slaves once they left Africa?
ME:
Actually much of the brutality was present in previous slave trades, such as the Barbary Pirates. Oh, those were Muslims, and also they sold WHITES to some people of color. Oh, that PREDATES the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade we're talking about. Your attempt to downplay African involvement in said slave trade is desperate and transparent. Your question of how could Africans know what happened to their victims is both a question of your own making, irrelevant, and illogical. It's irrelevant to their own guilt, it's illogical, because they knew they were selling them into slavery. They murdered many of their own to get them there. Criteria satisfied right there. Your attempts to explain it away are laughable.

YOU:
And as far as history, whose history are you talking about? Your HIS-STORY or the events that actually happened.

ME:
OH...you used HIS-TORY! Like I haven't heard that? Whose history? YOUR history, or OUR history? Hmm.... Actually, I discussed facts as they happened. You try distortions, lies, and diversions.

YOU:
Tell me what did you learn in your school about blacks in America? How many things did they invent? What other contributions did they make to the development of this country? I bet that you could not tell me either without looking it up. But yet you are an "expert" on something that you may have read in passing and trying to pass it off as the truth
ME:
Wow you're a moron. You stereotype me without knowing me. That proves you both a hypocrite and racist fool. One could easily ask you, what do you know about Whites in America? What you learned in your community? Oh...you don't think Whites know how to read, and observe? Oh..your arrogance of being a part of the righteous struggle leaves you victim to ignorance. Not a good look.


YOU:
According to YOUR his-story blacks and native americans were savages and need to be "civilized" by the Europeans. You see how that is working out globally
ME:
Ah...you try and set up a scenario you project on me to believe, then strike it down. How about you ASK ME my beliefs before assuming them. I won't fall for that, you must have me confused with another white person, or another black person. Either way, your attempt failed.

Try again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 PM
 
785 posts, read 621,228 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Oz, have you even noticed that your nonsensical rants have not even gathered the support of your fellow whites? The reason is perhaps they realize that you are an American citizen only by docuementation and not one who has been here throughout the racial turmoil, or one who lived on one side of the fence or other, just someone who came to this country AFTER the real infighting is almost over. You bring up questions that were resolved back in the 1800s. Earlier you stated that american blacks do not look like Africans. Once again you show your limited scope of geography and the variety of shapes/shades of what is the "Black Experience". Africa has a wide range of black pigmentation from blue/black (central/southern), light brown (northern) to white (south Africa) so how in the hell can a black person from America not look like a African? Even with the ancestoral rape by white slavemasters we still carry the face of Africa!

Actually I think that you are extremely arrogant in the fact that you feel that you are and expert on the history of black americans, considering that you were "permitted" to live here through governmental means. Don't get me wrong I have been to other countries were your citizenship is not judged by the color of your skin, but this is not one of them. Here your racial makeup is determined by what others percieve you to be. A perfect example is that many americans will look at person of Asian decent and refer to them as "chinese" unless corrected. Need another example? My brothers from India are constantly confused with "Iranians" or some other persumed terrorist country.
WOW! HOW DESPERATE ARE YOU? This?:

A perfect example is that many americans will look at person of Asian decent and refer to them as "chinese" unless corrected. Need another example? My brothers from India are constantly confused with "Iranians" or some other persumed terrorist country.


tsk tsk tsk...but the obvious counter to this is that ......MANY Americans would NOT refer to a person of Asian descent as Chinese, or Indians with Iranians.

Oh, yeah, its not decent, as in OK or passable. it's "DESCENT".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 10:25 PM
 
785 posts, read 621,228 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
He's a black man, looked as one and will continue to be looked as one.
Actually, he's HALF BLACK, and he's HALF WHITE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 10:41 PM
 
785 posts, read 621,228 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Whats the probelm? The man is biologically of mixed decent but is identified as being black by EVERYONE in this country, he identifies himself as being black, so again I ask whats the probelm?

This is strictly an observation but whenever a black person with an obvious questionable racial mixture does well, he/she considered to be bi-racial. When that same person does something horrific he/she is looked at as being black. My case in point, when was the last time that you heard a newscaster describe a suspect as being bi-racial? He/she is either Hispanic, Black, Asian or White. Another thing, a person of color can claim that he/she is white and have black features but still will not be accepted as white person. Adversely that same person would be accepted into the black community without question.

Black Americans/African Americans/Nubian Americans are all one and the same people and we are all aware of the atrocities that occurred to our forefathers as far as the rapes and mistreatment. But now we are collectively are still Americans and all that we seek is equal treatment from everyone regardless of what racial background that you may perceive us as being.
Oh wow, man...

YOU:
Black Americans/African Americans/Nubian Americans are all one and the same people and we are all aware of the atrocities that occurred to our forefathers as far as the rapes and mistreatment

ME:
Really? That statement makes you a racist. You just said that all Black Americans are the same. Factually and logically, that is a racist statement. What happened to your forefathers at the hands of BOTH EUROPEANS AND AFRICANS was truly a shame. I mean that, but it's time you faced the truth of who did what.

However, lets go back to the start of your horrible post:

YOU:
Whats the probelm? The man is biologically of mixed decent but is identified as being black by EVERYONE in this country, he identifies himself as being black, so again I ask whats the probelm?
ME:
The problem is when he denies his White side, that's racist against Whites. Sorry boo,it just is.

YOU:
This is strictly an observation but whenever a black person with an obvious questionable racial mixture does well, he/she considered to be bi-racial.

ME:
You are reading too much into it. Actually, if posed with the question of the ethnicity of a human with a white parent and a black parent, the answer is a MULATTO. Every time. As to your accusation about ownership being considered on success, you're really reaching. I'm sure its happened in the past, but your using a huge blanket statement.

YOU:
When that same person does something horrific he/she is looked at as being black. My case in point, when was the last time that you heard a newscaster describe a suspect as being bi-racial?

ME:
WOW? So, let me get this straight...a NEWSCASTER is who you used to represent all of soceity, or all whites? Your logic is flawed to say the least. Breaking it down: which newscaster? What year? Who cares? How many whites agreed with that? How many blacks? Did you do a poll? Can I see your work product? Did this newscaster also write for a paper? What it "The Call"? Was it a KKK paper? Give us details, because your vague use of a "Newscaster" is not a theory make.

YOU:
He/she is either Hispanic, Black, Asian or White.
ME:
Oh, I almost forgot, are you using the MAINSTREAM MEDIA as an example? They are too offended to speak the truth. Oh, they are also often only using examples given to them. OH, YOUR OWN LOGIC GOES AGAINST YOU. So,lets use Barack as an example. He does look more black than white, as most mulattos do. A person quickly describing someone visually, a suspect, only sees their skin. I'm sure they didn't have the chance to ASK THE ROBBER THEIR FAMILY HISTORY. That's unfair, but I'm just applying logic, which you seem allergic to. Wow, this post isn't going well for you!

YOU:
Another thing, a person of color can claim that he/she is white and have black features but still will not be accepted as white person.

ME:
Really? By who? Blacks or whites or both? Also, if one is mullato, they are both WHITE ....AND BLACK. hence, both features.

YOU:
Adversely that same person would be accepted into the black community without question.
ME:
Ah..I see what you did here. On the white side, you said this:

"Another thing, a person of color can claim that he/she is white and have black features but still will not be accepted as white person. "

You're unclear...do you mean accepted as a white person biologically, or accepted within the community. Because, conversely, you said:

"Adversely that same person would be accepted into the black community without question."

So, you're saying two different things. if you mean not accepted within the white community, says who? You? Have you done a poll of ALL white people? Can you show us your work product? Oh, on the accepted into the black community, now I know your reaching. I grew up in a VERY mixed area and the mulattos I knew had to FIGHT other blacks. Honestly, they seemed to like hanging with whites more, because they were more...accepted.

This post did not go well for you. Not the least of which you tried double speak and thought you wouldn't get caught.

Last edited by speakingtruth; 05-02-2011 at 10:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 10:49 PM
 
785 posts, read 621,228 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I don't understand why all of the sudden some whites care what a black or bi-racial person thinks anyway? Did they question Colin Powell when he considered runing for presidency? Is this a polical ploy for division? who knows
Why do you say "All of a sudden"? Who is they? You don't explain,, but you use the term. If you had been paying attention to events in America, the question of Barack's identity came up because Barack himself refused to mark "Bi-Racial" in regard to himself. He also called his own Grandmother a "typical white person". Interestingly, he didn't explain what IS a typical white person. That explanation might have given us all some insights. Anyway, can you show us where Colin refused to mark bi-racial AND called his own grandmother a "typical white person"? See, thats why it came up.

Something tells me you will gloss over that for awhile, not before you curse once or twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2011, 10:50 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,186 posts, read 12,376,704 times
Reputation: 3554
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
WOW! HOW DESPERATE ARE YOU? This?:

A perfect example is that many americans will look at person of Asian decent and refer to them as "chinese" unless corrected. Need another example? My brothers from India are constantly confused with "Iranians" or some other persumed terrorist country.


tsk tsk tsk...but the obvious counter to this is that ......MANY Americans would NOT refer to a person of Asian descent as Chinese, or Indians with Iranians.

Oh, yeah, its not decent, as in OK or passable. it's "DESCENT".
I disagree with you on that point because it is based solely on exposure, if you have not been around the different type of people of asian descent you would not be able to tell one from another. I say Chinese simply because that is the asian race that many people identify with (I could have said japanese, filipino ect) Ask a Latino how many times have they been "mislabeled" as being of another nationality other than what they actually are.....it happens more than you think.

Oh by the way thank you for correcting me, it is not that I don't know the difference between the two....I just can't type
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2011, 11:02 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,186 posts, read 12,376,704 times
Reputation: 3554
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Why do you say "All of a sudden"? Who is they? You don't explain,, but you use the term. If you had been paying attention to events in America, the question of Barack's identity came up because Barack himself refused to mark "Bi-Racial" in regard to himself. He also called his own Grandmother a "typical white person". Interestingly, he didn't explain what IS a typical white person. That explanation might have given us all some insights. Anyway, can you show us where Colin refused to mark bi-racial AND called his own grandmother a "typical white person"? See, thats why it came up.

Something tells me you will gloss over that for awhile, not before you curse once or twice.
No I did'nt, if you were black you would proably understand but since you are not, you won't. Every black in this country has their own unique experiences with whites and there are some things that we all have shared with each other. Did I every mention anything about Colin Powell's self identification? What he perceives himself may not what america percieves him as being, this hold true for anyone who is actually bi-racial or multiracial. For every bi-racial person that marks "bi-racial" there will always be someone else that identifies themself as being "black".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top