Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:50 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,704,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
No it is simply fact.

Unless you know better?
Yeah, I do. I am a black man in America. You are an immigrant from a racist white country who knows nothing of this society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 09:02 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,901,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah, I do. I am a black man in America. You are an immigrant from a racist white country who knows nothing of this society.
This institutional racism that currently exists,could you give an example?

Also current examples of segregation would be helpful.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-16-2011 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 05-15-2011, 09:06 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,932,190 times
I am mixed myself, so I know all about this issue.

I choose not to label myself as black on forms. If it lists races, I will put black and white. Its a personal thing I chose on my own. I felt I did not want to deny my whiteness, which I would if I only selected black. While people may see me outwardly as black(I have a sort of a mocha latte light brown color), that is irrelevant to me, since people will always try to box you regardless.

Regarding Obama, he has the right to label himself what he wants. If he wants to label himself black, let it be. Who cares?

I think the whites who whine about race all the time are the same as the Jesse Jackson's and Sharptons.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
This institutional racism that currently exists,could you give an example?

Also current examples of segregation would be helpful.
Well, the government is paying out lots of money to black farmers who were denied loans by white officers. That is the definition of rigging the system and institutional racism, especially from a government that should be race neutral.

There is no way any logical person can conclude that because a civil rights bill passed in 64 there has been no institutional racism in the past 47 years. That's 3rd grade logic at best.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-16-2011 at 05:12 AM..

Old 05-15-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Well, the government is paying out lots of money to black farmers who were denied loans by white officers. That is the definition of rigging the system and institutional racism, especially from a government that should be race neutral.
I believe the plaintiffs settled for a nice bribe...oops I mean payout,was it ever proven that discrimination happened?
I LOVE that more 'farmers' took the bribe than there were actually farmers in the time period in question.
You have to love a good scam.

Quote:
There is no way any logical person can conclude that because a civil rights bill passed in 64 there has been no institutional racism in the past 47 years. That's 3rd grade logic at best.
Well examples always helps...or just crying in your wheaties might too....

Old 05-15-2011, 09:33 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,965,557 times
They ask for an example, you give them one; they dismiss it.

Wonderful to be naive and intellectually dishonest.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:34 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,965,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
What is the basis for your assertion that "Huge numbers of Black people have never experienced segregation or institutional racism"?
Ignorance...

Old 05-15-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I believe the plaintiffs settled for a nice bribe...oops I mean payout,was it ever proven that discrimination happened?
I LOVE that more 'farmers' took the bribe than there were actually farmers in the time period in question.
You have to love a good scam.

Well examples always helps...or just crying in your wheaties might too....
I just posted an example. The government was proven guilty. White officers did not give black farmers loans they deserved. That's institutional racism.

Just because you don't believe something that has already been ruled on and legit doesn't mean I'm going to keep running around finding examples for you. Because whatever I find, even if it is a legit example like the one I presented, it will be viewed as inadequate to you, since you already have your mind made up that there has been no institutional racism in the past 47 years because a law was passed.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
I just posted an example. The government was proven guilty. White officers did not give black farmers loans they deserved. That's institutional racism.
Ummm,no the government wasn't.The plaintiffs settled for some money.
No-one was proven guilty in court.

You could have used the Boston desegregation issue however,that happened after the CRA.

Thing is,black people aren't segregated and aren't suffering from institutional racism,they DO however like to think they are and try to get something for it,either politically OR monetarily.

But that time is passing,fewer and fewer people really care anymore about the professional black whiners.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
They ask for an example, you give them one; they dismiss it.

Wonderful to be naive and intellectually dishonest.
thats why its pointless to even debate guys like oz.

a documented case of institutional racism. guys on fox news even admitting it was institutional racism, and oz still doesn't believe it.

if you cant believe what has proven to be institutional racism, then surely oz will never believe anything else i or anybody brings up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies