Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:18 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm full Black and will never vote for a Democrat again. I cancel you out
Originally Posted by Ecovlke
I'm 1/2 White, but I can't prove it. And I will never vote for a republian.

Then you both are fools that don't assess the value of a candidate on their merits. Your color has little to do with this. To me a black Republican makes as much sense as a gay Repub. Again it is important to not single out an issue or candidate without looking at them closely, regardless of the label.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 08:40 PM

91 posts, read 248,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Republicans have a very exensive history of electing minorities..
List of African-American Republicans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You need to check that. A long time ago -- up to about 1970 -- in a land not far away, Republicans were liberals. I seriously doubt that you'd find a great man like Frederick Douglass in the same party with an airhead like Sarah Palin.

I forgot, Republicans just tow the line... nevermind... continue with your ignorance.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Not goig to happen any time in any of our lifetime anyway. Let those in the future deal with it.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
So long as America doesn't devolve into a democracy, we'll be fine.
The line of the day!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-sol View Post
You need to check that. A long time ago -- up to about 1970 -- in a land not far away, Republicans were liberals. I seriously doubt that you'd find a great man like Frederick Douglass in the same party with an airhead like Sarah Palin.

I forgot, Republicans just tow the line... nevermind... continue with your ignorance.
And many blacks were Republican since the 1970's.. Colin Powel, Pierre Richard Prosper, Condoleezza Rice, Jackie robinson, etc. but while we are at it, did you know Democrats had no problem discriminating against blacks, and up until recently they even had people elected to Congress that belonged to the KKK in the past.

Thanks for displying the true ignorance here..

Old 04-04-2011, 08:49 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Not really. First of all, it is the GOP that is pushing all these Arizona type immigration enforcement laws. Hispanics do not like this law and believe they are being targed for an issue the GOP helped create.

Which Hispanics? The ones that are related to illegals, or have friends that are illegals, or stand to benefit from illegal immigration? Those Hispanics? I'm Hispanic, and I LOVE SB1070. By the way, us Hispanics are not one whole group. We don't look at ourselves as "Hispanic" only by Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, etc. That's where you are wrong, categorizing us as one voting block

Also, GOP family values are different from Hispanics. In most Republican households, kids are out the door when they are 18. Many Republican families do not want their kids moving back in. With Hispanic families, the door is open for their children for life.

This is true.

Another big issue is how Republicans react to pregnancy of a younger person. While Republican families shun the pregnant child, the Hispanic family sees the child as a blessing. Also, the extended family is a huge part of the Hispanic family.

The first part of your post is not entirely accurate. Many Hispanics shun pregnant teens, especially ones in the middle and upper class.

Republicans are individualistic. Hispanics generally are not. They are all about their families ala "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".

True as well, except I think the Cubans would partly disagree with you.

Hispanics:"Come for a week or two, I'll make dinner, you can have my bed."

We don't do this for everybody. Just our close friends and family.

Republicans: "There's a hotel down the street".

Forgot to mention Democrats: "Try applying for HUD or Section 8". Liberals are not generous either, they disguise their "generosity" by suggesting you go to the government

I just don't see it.
This post is such a gross overgeneralization, but a few things were accurate.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:52 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
GOP Shouldn't Panic If Whites Become a Minority

The numbers do appear stark.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Originally Posted by Ecovlke
I'm 1/2 White, but I can't prove it. And I will never vote for a republian.

Then you both are fools that don't assess the value of a candidate on their merits. Your color has little to do with this. To me a black Republican makes as much sense as a gay Repub. Again it is important to not single out an issue or candidate without looking at them closely, regardless of the label.
I find it humorous you went on to criticize labeling candidates, all in the same paragraph that you labeled candidates..

Old 04-04-2011, 08:55 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
At some point when people realize the only alternative to the GOP is the party of bankruptcy, race/skin color will be irrelevant. At least for the good of the country, that's my hope.
Come on now, it looks like the dealmaking is going to result in a whopping 30 billion cut in the budget........that is huge.........out of a 1.7 TRILLION dollar deficit...........now that is progress.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:57 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Come on now, it looks like the dealmaking is going to result in a whopping 30 billion cut in the budget........that is huge.........out of a 1.7 TRILLION dollar deficit...........now that is progress.
Hope and Change you can believe in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies