Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
Who cares?
White cat, black cat, as long he does the job...

Hahaha, too bad none of them seem to be able to do a "good job", as in fixing the horrible problems of this failing country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That doesn't mean all minorities think the way you do. Why do you feel you could never vote Republican? I think most of us vote both ways regardless of how loyal we are to our party.

Nita
Only a majority of minorities.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:47 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
This is a joke right?

Lets say white are 5%, so now what? You think you are going to be able to still raid the treasury, grow the deficit and still have a country left?

It's not as if anyone wins if Democrats stay in power more often. They are not known for any fiscal restraint as we see now, they are crying like little biaches over a 66 billion cut in a nearly 3 trillion dollar budget.

Get real.
If we confiscated all the wealthy people's money this year we'd still have had a trillion dollar deficit, so the hammer is coming down despite any wet dreams any have out there regarding a white minority.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:49 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
The numbers do appear stark. The Census tells us that 16 percent of U.S. residents are Hispanic, up from 13 percent in 2000 and 9 percent in 1990, and that 5 percent are Asian, up from 4 percent in 2000. The percentage of blacks held steady at 13. Among children, the voters of tomorrow, those percentages are higher.
But it's a mistake to see blacks, Hispanics and Asians as a single "people of color" voting bloc. The 2010 exit poll shows that the Republican percentages in the vote for the U.S. House were 60 percent among whites, 9 percent among blacks, 38 percent among Hispanics and 40 percent among Asians.

RealClearPolitics - GOP Shouldn't Panic If Whites Become a Minority

Agree
If the GOP keeps alienating the Hispanics and Blacks they will suffer down the road. The GOP is a dying party for sure. More and more people will leave as the party gets more and more extreme.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:58 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That doesn't mean all minorities think the way you do. Why do you feel you could never vote Republican? I think most of us vote both ways regardless of how loyal we are to our party.

Nita
Because the first time I voted I voted for FN Ronald Reagan and it was the worst vote I ever caste. In my youth, and my naivety, I paid the price for eight long years of my 20's.

Don't mistaken me as a loyal democrat. Just because I'd sit out an election I'd ever vote RebubiKan, doesn't mean I'd vote Democrat. I find most politicians to be more like the street hoes. The more I age the more I find politicians revolting, regardless of what color their tie, or their bow.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:07 PM

313 posts, read 284,725 times
Why are White people hellbent on becoming minorities in their own countries if they are already a worldwide minority?

How does this benefit us and why are we allowing it to happen?

I thought diversity was a good thing. Or is it only a good thing when it is in White countries?

Is 'diversity' benefiting Europe too? What positive aspects has it brought to White people and their countries?

Is Japan 'suffering' because of a lack of diversity? South Korea? Zimbabwe?

Does 'diversity' only work in the confines of a 'White' society and rule of law? Has 'diversity' helped post-apartheid South Africa?

Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 PM

313 posts, read 284,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empirebuilder View Post
But I do agree that unless the African American and Hispanic communities attain the standard level of education and entrepreneurialism that White America has traditionally upheld, it will be hard for America to maintain the same high standards it has had if Whites become a minority.

Not true! South Africa and Zimbabwe have become economic superpowers of science and technology after the White minority ceded control.

South Africa and Zimbabwe are great examples of how a successful a country can become after a small, sizable, White minority cedes control of a pre-built economy and living standard.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:13 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
Not true! South Africa and Zimbabwe have become economic superpowers of science and technology after the White minority ceded control.

South Africa and Zimbabwe are great examples of how a successful a country can become after a small, sizable, White minority cedes control of a pre-built economy and living standard.

Hahaha, you forgot your sarcasm smiley.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:17 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
It will be interesting to see how the feelings towards country changes in whites as they become the minority. If you don't feel as being part of a group, you tend to isolate yourself from the whole.

Will whites become the new immigrant type group, keeping to themselves in mostly white neighborhoods, not "assimilating" to the whole nation? Will they continue to work as hard and pay as much in taxes to support the statistically majority minority groups or will they slack off? How will this affect the goverment revenue and what it can fund?
Will whites then be the beneficiary of Affirmative Action?
Will whites become the coveted minority group to help determine election outcomes?

It raises a lot of questions.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:54 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
As a white male who leans conservative, let me ask this...

Who the hell cares about race? An article like this one don't do much to make racism into the non-issue it should be, does it?

Racism will always be an issue when it is so thick that even China can call the U.S. on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies