Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What care should these twins get?
Whatever mom can pay. Then pull the plug if she can't pay anymore. 7 17.95%
Whatever can be done should be done. Respect life. 17 43.59%
Pull the plug already. This woman and her kids are entitlement leeches. 8 20.51%
Mom should have gotten an abortion. 7 17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:51 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times

Advertisements

MILLIONS OF CHILDREN ALL OVER THE WORLD STARVE TO DEATH, DIE, LIVE IN POVERTY and you people are deciding whether or not even more money should be spent on these kids? LMAO! What a surreal world we live in. God must be smiling right now because while we just blasted a little Iraqi kid to smitherines last week we are so moral and generous because we are spending $4+million on two kids that should never have been born in the first place. Sounds harsh......yet idiots want to pretend we live in some sort of all loving, utopia. We live on a big fat planet with limited resources and with all our amazing technology still are ruled by the laws of nature. Billions of people inhabit this earth.......there are thousands of kids that die in the US of diseases every day. Most of them have a fighting chance..........not these two kids joined together. If these parents new beforehand that these kids were going to be born like this and still decided to have them they are extremely ignorant and selfish people. Plus if they are Christians wouldn't they rather have these little angels go be with god? I mean hell if you believe in heaven why make these children suffer......let them go be with god in heaven where the streets are lined with gold...........?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 04:53 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times
Another shining example of the failure of trying to preserve the shallow end of the gene pool.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:54 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
First of all, the hospital charges are $4 million. Who is paying? Family funds and health insurance (in which case it is none of our business)? Or is it medicaid? Or is the hospital just going to eat the bill in the name of medical science (given the rare opportunity of treating these rare conditions)? We cannot answer the question until this is answered. But ultimately it is probably much less cruel to have aborted them or let them die without intervention shortly after birth, rather than treating them as a medical experiment.

$4 million is a drop in the bucket for entitlement. There are plenty of people who don't deserve any entitlement. Is it good for us to pay $4 million for for 200 middle aged and elderly people to get dialysis each year when they decided to get fat, get diabetes / hypertension and renal failure? I think it doesn't matter. They should all probably just accept their mortality if they can't pay for it.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:01 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
We have a lot of people (a larger than normal) on CD who want all entitlements to stop, throw people on the street rather than provide housing assistance.

I figure, they're already alive.
Figured a comment like this would pop up sooner or later from one of you Dims.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:04 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I know this is going to sound cold and inhuman and yes, it is a hard decision but they proably should not have been kept alive to begin with. We are talking two little boys who will never live anything close to a normal life. We are talking about a mommy (no mention of daddy) who apparently can not provide for them in any way. Now, that they are alive and a year old, it would be hard to even think about terminating their lives, but it could have been done a year ago.

NIta
This is the way that I would have voted if it were a sane poll.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:04 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Video:
Conjoined twins reach milestone first birthday -- chicagotribune.com

Old 04-04-2011, 06:19 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
It's a difficult decision but if I was in that position I would have gone for abortion - but I know that moms think differently than men. Sometimes you have to deal with what life throws at you, but this mom knew at 6 months that the babies shared a heart and surgery to separate would never be an option. At one year old they are still on machines.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:48 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Grip it and rip it!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
First of all, the hospital charges are $4 million. Who is paying? Family funds and health insurance (in which case it is none of our business)? Or is it medicaid? Or is the hospital just going to eat the bill in the name of medical science (given the rare opportunity of treating these rare conditions)? We cannot answer the question until this is answered. But ultimately it is probably much less cruel to have aborted them or let them die without intervention shortly after birth, rather than treating them as a medical experiment.

$4 million is a drop in the bucket for entitlement. There are plenty of people who don't deserve any entitlement. Is it good for us to pay $4 million for for 200 middle aged and elderly people to get dialysis each year when they decided to get fat, get diabetes / hypertension and renal failure? I think it doesn't matter. They should all probably just accept their mortality if they can't pay for it.
It stated in the article that Medicaid was picking up the tab. Most hospitals lose money on Medicaid procedures and care anyways, so the hospital is undoubtedly footing the intangible portion of the bill and the Illinois taxpayers (myself being one of them) are paying for the rest.

This story makes me want to vomit and these selfish parents disgust me. We do not have unlimited resources and to expend what little we do have on conjoined twins with no hope for a future serves no purpose.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:02 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Maybe we could put our heads together and come up with a solution, two heads are better than one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies